Oil month Automotive HPC World Book Day Introducing Prime Wardrobe nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Weekly One GNO for Samsung S9 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Mother's Day gifts Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon westworldS2 westworldS2 westworldS2  Echo Fire tablets: Designed for entertainment Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop now SWMTVT18_gno

on November 1, 2013
I really had a hard time deciding whether to give this 3 or 4 stars. I really like the songs they play on the radio, but I was unimpressed with the others on the CD. I played it several times just to see if they would grow on me, but they haven't. I can't quite put my finger on it, but something about several of their songs reminds of the 1980's music. Not that it is good or bad, it just is. While the album is filled with the typical "Woe is me. She broke my heart" kind of music, the lyrics are different. It is if the band has a fresh perspective on heartache. That is why I decided to give 4 stars.
on May 27, 2016
I think this might be my favorite only because it was the first one I got....this band is fantastic and when you don't listen to the radio it's hard to find new music. When I first heard "The man who would not move " I thought it was Sting...I have all of Sting's CDs so I was curious.. I'm really glad I was because that's how I found these guys! No bad songs
on March 22, 2018
Beautiful. Absolutely heart warming and heart breaking at the same time. The lyrics sung in his voice are so sincere and loving - there's only one thing that cpuld make this better, and that's if they could have put the song For the First Time on this album. Bit it's perfect nonetheless!
on January 7, 2011
Now that I've heard the whole CD, I've come to the conclusion that these are the songs that we women want our men to write about us. There are grittier songs on the CD, it isn't limited to just love songs. There's a very commonly used Dublin word dropped in a couple of times that will catch your attention when you hear it. The Kay song - sneakily clever. I didn't get it until I read the reviews here. Hey, I'm naive. Someone had to tell me about the Doobie Bros. While this is a pop/rock album it isn't bubble-gum pop. Sorry, I don't have any musical knowledge beyond my ears so I can't quite give you as good an idea of just how catchy the melodies are or how deep some of the lyrics get. Guys, I think you'll score points if you tell prospective girlfriends that you like this band...and puppies. Always mention puppies.
on December 27, 2010
I am very peculiar in my music shopping and when I heard these three guys from Dublin I instantly tought U2 has a competion lol(in a matter of speaking of course).
The album it's fantastic. The first song "We cry" it's an anthem to all that struggle - the mother who wants the best for her child, the guy who tries to get a record deal, the people that live on minimum wage and try to make due - very nowadays don't you think?
"The Man Who can't be moved" it's a flawless song, has a killer chorus and a gorgeous melody.
I could review all songs but i would never finish, so I'm just going to say that If You See Kay, I'm Yours and Rusty Halo are my favourites to death ... rock, pop and ballad. Perfect.
The whole album it's fantastic and Danny has a voice that was missing in the music world (besides being gorgeous by my standards).
Live performances? I'm not even going there because there aren't many artists that can deliver like they can.Perfect and I can't wait to see them in Portugal (my home country) next year.
Althoug I have the european version of this album, I just had to have the special edition.

Please, also check out their new album "Science & faith" Science & Faith (US Bonus Track Version)that will go out in the US on jan 18th. It's way better than the first- i got the european version and I'm waiting for this one. Just Hope the US really supports them because this is what real music is.They write, produce,and still put up killer shows. Ireland it's back on the map (and don't forget Guiness lol)
on September 24, 2016
This was a good album the singers have melodic voices and the songs touch the heart. I really enjoyed listening to this and have bought another one of thier cds because I liked this so much.
on March 14, 2017
I purchased this new on CD when it was released Years ago. It's not often I find an album that I like every song. IMHO every song is good. I had to have this on vinyl. If you like the Script songs you hear on the radio, I believe you'll enjoy this entire album as I do. All the songs have great melodies that would work fine on any mainstream adult contemporary radio station.
VINE VOICEon February 10, 2011
While and after listening to The Script's self-titled debut album, immense musical influences may have listeners' ears whirling with one name after another. There is no denying that all of the songs heard through out the record have that FM radio middle of the road feel to it. And to add to that comparison, the album artwork is very much reminiscent of the illustrations of past legendary rock album covers of the late 1960 and 1970s that had been done by artist Peter Corriston, which speaks for itself, although it was not done by Corriston.

But nonetheless, all ten tracks on The Script are distinct and memorable. But the highlights off the record are the first two singles off the record "The Man Who Can't Be Moved" and "Breakeven" which contain lyrics and choruses that may be hard to forget. In addition to the "hits," for this listener, other tracks have their moments and undeniable influence, "Rusty Halo" is a melodic cross between Sting and The Police or U2 that possibly could have been one of their songs off any one of their 1980s albums, especially with lead vocalist Donny O'Donogue's uncanny vocal resemblance and the rock and reggae concluding chorus. And beyond past comparisons to recent ones, "Talk You Down" and "Fall For Anything" sound similar to The Fray and Coldplay.

The Script is a refreshing album and band to listen to more than once because of the melodic collection of songs that they perform and most likely will be remembered after listening to the entire record.
on March 28, 2017
I always love the script. Was happy to get a new track in this one that I've never heard before.
on September 8, 2015
I love their sound and the songs get stuck in my head all the time.