Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Year So Far STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Shop Book House Cleaning _fof _fof _fof  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire 7 Kids Edition, starting at $99.99 Kindle Oasis Shop Now toystl17_gno

Format: Paperback|Change

Showing 1-10 of 17 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 25 reviews
on September 2, 2013
I absolutely loved the Quickening Trilogy and rate all three books in it amongst my favourites in the genre (against Robin Hobb and Terry Goodkind my other two favourite Fantasy authors).

I couldn't pass up the chance to revisit Morgravia and enjoyed the read, but felt that there was so much more potential to deepen the story and explore, in particular, the displacement of Gabriel from Paris to Pearlis - it all seemed fairly superficial. Unlike many fantasy novels {SPOILER ALERT}............the villain never gets the upper hand and despite the deaths of a few second order characters, the mission to defeat Cyricus os relatively straight forward - no significant moments of suspense.

I've read all of Fiona McIntosh's fantasy books except the Valisar Trilogy, and admit to expecting more than she delivered on this occasion. I think the stand alone concept (given the standard length of the publication) contributed significantly to the lack of depth to the novel.
on July 20, 2014
I was glad to see another story from in the same setting as The Quickening Trilogy. This book is well written and a pleasure to read.
on January 12, 2013
Fiona McIntosh once again enthralls the reader with her story and characters who are so well drawn, they soon come to feel like friends. Fiona has the quite uncanny ability to hook the reader from the very first page and she doesn't let you go until the end. I didn't think I was a fan of fantasy writing, but I'm making an exception, every time, for this writer. And her contemporary books are just as satisfying.
on May 22, 2013
I have been a fan of Ms McIntosh for quite some time and with this novel she does not disappoint. Wonderful to re-visit characters from previous stories and loving the mix of modern day versus medieval/ alternate universe thing.

I recommend it to fans of fantasy
on February 3, 2013
Fion Mcintosh is a marvel the way she broughtother series into the book, i loved every minute of the book it only took me 2 days to read as i couldnt put it down.
on August 16, 2014
This book was just to good, I was enthralled the whole way through. It was a wonderful story with a few tears, I must admit... Praise God for Fiona McIntosh... Bless you.
on January 15, 2013
an excellent read that captivates you from the start. a great sci fantasy book that is well written and keep you motivated to continue to the end
on September 25, 2015
Excellent read.was very sorry when i finished.will be hard to follow.
on May 22, 2014
What an incredible way to end a great series, thoroughly enjoyed every word but would not expect anything else from Fiona
McIntosh. I love all her books.
on July 25, 2015
Not normally a fan of fantasy type books but this was a great read