Amazon Vehicles Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Limited time offer Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Shop Shop Popular Services MeBeforeYou MeBeforeYou MeBeforeYou  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Kindle Oasis GNO Spring Savings Event on Amazon.com Ellen

Showing 1-10 of 46 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 59 reviews
VINE VOICEon June 8, 2011
Like another reviewer, I had to finally start skipping whole segments of text to get through the book. Although you have to suspend some belief in reality to get into the book, it's a good story that is in need of a good editor who is not afraid to chop unnecessary and boring sections.
on September 7, 2011
I enjoyed the book in spite of the editing. Fast pace, good plot. I have one more William Casey's books to read and I doubt that I will order any more of his books due to the poor editing, mispelled words and words you have to read twice to decide what he meant. Though the book is a reasonable price, it isn't worth reading with all the errors one continues to find throughout the book. Same problem, even worse with the previous book I read of his.
on February 16, 2014
A bit of action and mystery. A bunch of con artists are negotiating for a rare painting with a mystery attached. But one of them does a bunk with $3m in money and the painting. His plane heading for Rio crashes in the sea with supposedly all lives and property lost. Some crime bosses are not happy with the loss of cash and the painting and seek justice. The story involves the 3 no nos - Watch out for scams and con artists, don't negotiate with terrorists and treat stories of buried treasure carefully.
Any way the story moves on with a fair amount of dead bodies and the good guys eventually win in the end.
A good read
on May 22, 2016
I love thrillers, and this was a gripping tale that held the reader in its grip from the very first page to the very end, a great tale a no nonsense story,fast moving,very
Entertaining.
I thought that John Grisham had the market cornered, but William Casey Morton is a close second in my book.
Bravo I hope to read many more of his books
on July 2, 2012
This is my 4th WC Moreton book, up until The Search I have enjoyed his work finishing some in less than 24 hours..but the search is just a bunch of useless words thrown together to make a book, not only does he stack characters like cordwood he uses spell check as an editor/proofreader...last WCM book I'll buy
on December 27, 2016
Nicely constructed tale intelligently written with strong character development and believable situations.
Good pacing draws you through a lot of interesting considerations to a surprisingly satisfying conclusion.
on April 16, 2014
For the most part I enjoyed this book. Some of it is far fetched and unbelievable and just plain fiction but that's okay. Some of the characters were shallow and some just plain unrealistic but overall the book was action packed and suspenseful. A lot of comments touch on the poor editing, I see more and more of that with Kindle and Ebooks alike but it's not enough to distract me from the action. So if you are interested in a fast paced easy read with plenty of action, you too might like this book. The price was certainly right!
on February 26, 2012
I REALLY liked this book. I cannot understand, however, how a book gets published with so many typos, omitted or added words and misspelled words. In some cases it confuses the point the author is trying to make. I have never read one of Mr. Moreton's books that I did not enjoy. This book gave me a couple of afternoons of pure pleasure, and at a reasonsble price too!!!
on January 5, 2014
There's a stolen painting and four people involved in stealing it. They are each trying to sell the painting to the highest bidder. This is a very involved story line; all the pieces came together at the end.
on August 31, 2012
I have to agree with most people regarding the editing issues..there is no reason this should persist in this author's books. Also there were so many characters I had a hard time keeping up with who was who and how did they fall into the story line. Having said the negative aspects of this book I should also say that it was a decent but not great mystery. Some of it was so fantastic I found it hard to believe even in a make believe world. I got the book for free so the price was right and I read it through to the end. If I paid for it I might have written a different review.