Industrial Deals Beauty Save up to 90% on textbooks STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book House Cleaning TheOnlyLivingBoy TheOnlyLivingBoy TheOnlyLivingBoy  Amazon Echo now $99.99 Limited-time offer: All-New Fire HD 8 Kids Edition, starting at $99.99 Kindle Paperwhite uncharted Tailgating STEMClubToys17_gno

Format: Hardcover|Change

Showing 1-10 of 74 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 103 reviews
on October 26, 2016
This is a very, very good set of books that explain a lot about Jewish practices and beliefs beyond just reading scripture. My marriage is mixed: I am a Christian and my wife is Jewish. I read these books in a short time and found myself explaining some of the traditions to my wife!. Rabbi Kolatch explains the roots of the tradition (Torah, Tanakh, or Talmud). He is an Orthodox Rabbi, and the text does lean that way. Given that, he does go over how Conservative and Reformed Judaism differ without casting aspersions on their differences. Highly recommended for persons of the Jewish faith, or other Abrahamic religions trying to understand Jewish traditions.
on July 14, 2017
Terrible and way too much $$$
on March 21, 2013
I guess I should have noticed the reviews that the size is 3x3 inches, so you are getting 176 pages of a 3x3 book. It is rather nice for a coffee table but its awkward to hold and read being so small. It is rather nicely done. The info inside is probably according to the reviews. The answer to each question is about a mini paragraph and with it being 3x3, it's disappointing. You can get the answers from the web. This is a coffee table book.
on January 8, 2017
The set was exactly as described, it looked brand new and was delivered in a short time. The set answers man, many questions one may regarding Judaism, practices and traditions.
on May 19, 2012
Beware: this is a miniaturized version of the book! When ordering, I didn't notice the matchbox size...
The "real book", is out of print apparently.
on June 4, 2017
The person who I gave these books to for her college graduation gift could not stop raving about it's content.
on January 16, 2014
Thanks for the purchased received and the great condition it was in. Appreciate doing business with you and will look forward to more. I gave you a 5 star rate because of the great quality of the book and for the efficient service. Thanks so much for the great service. Best to you and your business. Will be wanting to look for more items from your store.
on July 30, 2014
After growing up without any idea of my heritage I finally found out my whole Dad's side of my family was Jewish and had ties to the Holocaust. Since my Dad was not raised Jewish I had no one to teach me the culture. I found these books and they answer a lot of questions I've wondered about.
on December 26, 2013
It is easy to look at the Why of Jewish tradition because each subject is listed. You can look up a particular item but it is written so well that you can read the books from cover to cover. Provides so much background material for Bible study.
on March 5, 2017
Great Books. Answered all those beguiling questions.