Salon Beauty Best Books of the Year So Far Introducing Prime Wardrobe nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Unlimited Music. Always ad-free. Learn more. Fire TV Grocery Handmade Personalized Jewelry Home and Garden Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon TheGrandTour TheGrandTour TheGrandTour  Echo Fire tablets: Designed for entertainment Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop now STL18_GNO

on June 11, 2016
This show was awesome!! It deserved more than one season it shouldn't have been cancelled ratings for high I heard that they didn't account for DVR. The CW should have never cancelled it it was on its way to becoming a great hit. I will never understand with lack of publicity, why in the first series, a network whatever take a three-week break in the middle and never explain that. At least run episodes that have already played if you need time to make more!
7 people found this helpful
|11 comment|Report abuse
on May 25, 2012
I first tried watching this series a while back and must have been distracted because I couldn't get into it and gave up. On a dull Saturday, I decided to give it another shot and WOW. So glad I did.
I devoted the entire weekend to catching up with all 22 episodes in the first season. So well written and so well done. Natasha Hensdridge fits in perfectly as a mom and love Joe Lando guest starring as Cassie's father.
This series is a cross between the popular TV
series from the 90's Charmed, 1996 movie "The Craft" and every other great teen movie or show about witches.
Expertly cast and great location. ABC Family sure has some great shows on and has much success coming out with new and fresh ideas for young adults.
The Secret Circle is fantastic. Think I'll check out the book now.
on October 9, 2014
This was a supernatural soap on the wb network set up as a companion piece to the Vampire Diaries but not a spin off. A young girl who's mother has dies comes to live with her Grandma in a seaside town filled with witchcraft, hot bodies and a lot of drama. It was your typical soapy show with many twists and turns that started out really good but just went downhill before it got cancelled after one season.
on October 19, 2011
Ok this show is great, but its seem to be getting very confused on where it will head. I love that even the villains are not truly villains, everyone is very muiltlayers except for the lead girl which personally I don't care for all that much. Adam's back story and plot line is by far the strongest of them all. Nick was a great character as well with a lot of potential. Personally would have written some one else off on the fifth episode..such as his gf that was possessed.
I personally feel that plot could have gone longer and deeper. It was to easy to end it as it did, it left to many plot holes on why the first circle didn't just do that? Why bury the suitcase? who buried the suitcase?

I would like to see the two single girls develop a relationship as the antagonist being gay would make sense to explain why she is so mood, and trust no one and hiding something. I like that she is not evil as they portrayed her in the first couple episodes.
I hope this shows stays on it has so much potential with the right people writing for it. Please do not let is become corny as hell like charmed that show blew.
2 people found this helpful
on September 21, 2016
Amazing story! Amazing actors! Shows the balance and responsibility that comes with witchcraft. High praise all around!!!
on March 23, 2015
This was a very entertaining series that had major audio issues on the station we watched at home. It was seriously disappointing to have the series cancelled.
on October 3, 2011
Such a fan of this show already. I hope it stays on for a while. If you think its a rp on the craft or vampire diaries...it really isn't. It much more well written and performed. And its nice to see the classic theme of romantic love brought back too much of tv is about sex.
2 people found this helpful
on February 17, 2013
I'm a fan of a lot of The CW's shows, and this was my favorite (second only to TVD). Chris Zylka and Phoebe Tonkin made the show - I guess I have a thing for gorgeous, broody people. I read all the books as well, and this show is pretty much nothing like them, but it was still fun to watch.
on November 28, 2012
The discontinued the show after I watched all of the series, that's one of the things I dislike about the CW. You're left wondering now. They should have just done a two hour Finale once they made that decision.
on April 2, 2016