Industrial Deals Beauty Oprah's Book Club STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Book House Cleaning TheTick TheTick TheTick  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire HD 8, starting at $79.99 Kindle Oasis Trade it in. Fund the next. Water Sports toystl17_gno

Format: Hardcover|Change

Showing 1-10 of 3,543 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 5,886 reviews
on August 27, 2016
When I first began to read this book I honestly thought it was a crock and a waste of my time and money. I started with an expectation of what I thought the book was about and the style of writing that I should expect. When I initially disagreed with one of the authors viewpoint with in the book and scrutinized another's personal life through research I was almost stop reading, but I decided to continue reading anyway. I made a wise decision to.

I had heard about the law of attraction before, but never took the time to investigate what it truly meant. As the book unraveled and began to reveal "The Secret," and how to apply it into my life immediately, I allowed myself to be open in receiving whatever insight I could in order to help me overcome several difficulties in my life and achieve a better quality of life overall.

By the middle of the book I chose to practice some of the techniques that were briefly described through the text just to try it out. For the past 3 weeks I have had pain in the middle of my back. I had even recently gone to a chiropractor to help alleviate my symptoms, which only worked temporarily. The moment I tried the technique of closing my eyes, clearly my mind, and speaking affirmations of confidence and healing something changed. I did not realize the pain in the middle of my pain, which I had been experiencing for weeks, was gone until about 5-10 minutes later when I stopped to stretch. I am not a blogger, I do not receive free books, or any type of compensation for this or any review I ever write. I also am usually one to dispel instant claims of miraculous effects occurring just from reading a text or saying a chant, so when I tell you my pain left and has not been back since I am shocked in a way. I still am secretly wondering when the pain will reappear, but by the continuation of applying the law I highly doubt it will. From that moment I figured if it's that easy then I wonder what life will be like once I apply it to every area of my life.

By the end of the book and my own personal testament, I was hooked. This is a life changing book and I see why it has sold millions and millions of copies around the world. It really works if you apply and believe. After previewing The Power and The Magic, I intend to read those two as well. This has easily become one of my all-time favorite books and I highly recommend it. Just try it. What do you have to lose?
0Comment| 132 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on December 5, 2016
Very helpful information for anyone at any point in their life, especially if you're trying to work through a rough time. However, it will take practice, so you should highlight/make notes and continue to refer back to the book in order to get the most out of it. Each giving information in short, clear, concise, single-paragraph suggestions that make this book perfect for pre-sleep focusing.

It can be pretty repetitive but in my opinion that is a good thing to really beat in the information. The one thing I really did not like about this book is that it appeals to emotion not reason and logic. You can not just sit on your couch all day wishing for a Ferrari- that is emotion, wishing away for something. You actually need to work at what you are trying to achieve. But I can see how the information provided in the book could work. Positive thinking. Telling myself that I want a Ferrari and that I just need to work that much harder to get it. Getting yourself into that positive mind set can really help to be more efficient at obtaining your goals.
on July 14, 2017
I highly recommend this book it's one of those books you go to we are having the worst week it makes you feel really awesome. I have read it over and over millions of times and it always makes me happy I bought this one for a friend and will probably buy more for others in the future this book It's definitely recommended for everyone it changes the way you think and it's for the better!
on July 20, 2017
My grown son nagged us to watch the movie. This got me reading the books. In the books I followed some references to Christian D. Larson. Found a 7 book series on Amazon for Kindle app for 99 cents. Learned much. The Secret (book version) references Neale Donald Walsh. Conversations with God trilogy was a most enlightening read EVER. So yes, start with The Secret and contemplate what is being proposed.
On a personal note, I have decided not to experience stress as it adds nothing and doesn't feel good. It took a bit but I've been stress free and sleeping fully, and we are healthy, happy, prosperous and thankful. The Secret has affected our way of thinking and confirmed things I thought were so. If you want to expand your Self, this is worthwhile in our joint opinion.
on October 2, 2013
This book changed my whole outlook on life. The minute I opened myself to want was important to me and not feeling awkward for wanting it, I could finally see the pictures of the life I have wanted to become and it was good. Things quickly became to change in the most unusual ways, which quickly made me understand I way on the correct path. I changed the channel in thoughts, as the author suggested in my life which does indeed change the frequency by changing your thoughts.
This book suggest that the Universe has been answering you all your life, but you cannot receive the answers unless you are aware Be aware of everything around you, because you are receiving the answers to you questions in ever moment of ever moment of every day. This can manifest through music, a gentle word, a strange smell. Be careful watch you declare...Every single "I'm not.,is a creation! Be aware of what you say. Say I Am, There is an unlimited supply of ideas waiting for you to tap into am tap into bringing forth, You hold everything in your consciousness...copied from book
on June 21, 2017
I wish I had read The Secret much earlier in my life. I am 58 years old and have held negative thoughts in my head my entire life. The idea of the Laws of Attraction makes sense to me. I wish this simple concept had been presented to me in this way when I was younger. I hope it is not too late to try and apply this philosophy.
on March 23, 2013
The Secret is one of the Best books I have read. After I read this book I felt like I could be or do anything I wanted. I have really been monitoring my thoughts so as to not be so negative and I have definitely seen some changes,not huge changes but changes none the less.I have been this way my whole entire life. In my opinion I knew I was probably one of the most negative persons around and most of my family thought so too.It's very hard to change something you have been conditioned to doing so many years. I'm 62 years old by the way. I can remember as a young child never really being happy,not knowing exactly why and for sure never knew how to change that feeling. I have now really been paying more attention to what I'm thinking and feeling which has definitely helped me, thanks to "The Secret". I wake up every morning now and look at my vision board and get excited. I'm currently living with my son and his family because I have nowhere else to go and I've been taking care of my 3 yr. old Granddaughter since she was born. I had no idea what I was going to do once my babysitting job was done here because I couldn't make it on just my Social Security alone. I now have a new lease on life and can't wait to see what happens on down the road because I now know I can do this. Thanks Rhonda for my new transformation.
on June 9, 2016
This Secret practice help save my life...Stage 4 cancer survivor, super storm sandy survivor and my autistic son is now holding a 95% average in an Ivy League school after I was told that I would have to have him institutionalized for the rest of his life. I even Got married to my Mr. Just right for me exactly how I ordered him and the job that worked perfect for my son needs while I continue to get pay increases...this book is the key to living an abundant life...thank you for writing it😚
11 comment| 99 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on May 4, 2017
I love this book, even though I would hardly describe it as a book. it's like successful peoples quotes. Insightful and fulfilling.
on September 8, 2016
Thank you for pointing out the way towards Joy and Happiness! I'm learning more and more from my actions and conversations with the universe than I have ever learn in my existence in this wonderful planet. Thank you, thank you!!