Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: The Secret of Grisly Manor
Your Garage Editors' Picks Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Gemini Syndrome Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Snacks Totes Summer-Event-Garden Amazon Cash Back Offer DrThorne DrThorne DrThorne  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Water Sports STEM

Showing 1-10 of 548 reviews(4 star). Show all reviews
on March 23, 2011
Really great game, very fun. Graphics are amazing, fun story line. Would love to see a sequel or possibly a prequel? The only reason I didn't give five stars is that its a little short. Great job guys.
11 comment| 175 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on May 21, 2011
I couldn't put this one down until I finished it (which, unfortunately, was only in a few hours). This game is seriously fun and gives a great feeling of satisfaction when you finally beat it. Can't wait for another release!
on February 3, 2012
I enjoyed this quite a bit. Bought for the Kindle Fire and worked perfectly. Unlike all the silly hidden-object games available, this one requires logic and at least a little brain power. There may be something silly hidden in the cuckoo clock, but accessing the clock requires a series of logical things to happen.

Yes, it is short, though, and not overly difficult. For 99 cents, however, it's well worth it. Anyone saying otherwise is a self-entitled dope.

The Lost City, Fire Maple's latest game, is longer, harder, and better (that's what she said).
on March 11, 2012
I LOVE MYSTERY GAMES, SO I WAS EXCITED ABOUT STARTING THIS ONE. I'LL ADMIT AT FIRST I WAS VERY FRUSTRATED BECAUSE I DIDN'T QUITE GET THE GIST OF IT! ONCE I GOT INTO IT THOUGH, I BECAME OBSESSED, AND WOULDN'T PUT IT DOWN UNTIL I SOLVED IT! UNFORTUNATELY, IT ONLY TOOK ME AN HOUR TO SOLVE IT, AND VERY DISAPPOINTED, WHEN I GOT TO THE END, AND DISCOVERED IT WAS TRULY THE END.
I DIDN'T REALIZE THAT ONCE YOU FOUND THE GRANDFATHER, THAT'S THE END AND IF YOU WANT TO PLAY SOME MORE, YOU HAVE BUY ANOTHER GAME.
ALL IN ALL IT WAS A GREAT CHALLENGE, THAT ENDED ALL TOO SOON!
on January 22, 2013
I have played many games over the years, and I think this game is great. The puzzles are not really difficult, and the graphics are beautifully rendered. I don't appreciate it when reviewers give away aspects of a game so I am NOT going to do that here, but I will mention that my only peeve about the game is that it is too short. I literally finished it in 2 hours. Also, I was a little disappointed with the ending, but after playing a few of these games you understand that it's really not about the ending, but rather about the puzzles, so do not expect a huge climax. Otherwise great game and I think more should be made. The phone that I played this game on was a galaxy s 2. The reason that I am mention this is because it is easy to makes a mistake and hit the back button from the phone thinking it was the back button in the game. This of course backs you out of the game and thus you have to restart the game. Luckily the game picks up from where you left off so it's just an annoyance on the user part, but still something to look out for.
on April 21, 2011
Fun game. A bit short, but I would look at their next game in order to have a diverson for a while. Works fine on a tablet.
on January 16, 2013
You must go through and figure out you next move and then find the next puzzle and how to open it.I liked it for that reason,you had to find it all blindly no cheats.For anyone who likes to figure things out themselves and not too difficult.
on March 15, 2012
I give it 4 stars only because it was so short. The time I spent playing was great entertainment and very challenging.
on September 6, 2011
This game reminds me of Myst and other point and click adventure/puzzle games. It's a good game but it was really short. You can probably finish the game in about 30 - 45 mins. Hopefully they will consider creating more like this. This game worked really well on my Asus Transformer.
on December 10, 2013
So short! My goodness! Love Fire maple games though! This one, Trapped in Wonderland, the lost City. The lost City is my favorite! That one isn't as short, & really cool cause you get to play mother nature and change the seasons back n forth, can't cross the lake? No problem, just turn it to winter, so that the lake will freeze, THEN just walk across! Stuff like that is allot of fun! Thanx guys for the awesome time& effort! Keep em coming! Waiting for sequels!