Lyft Industrial Deals HPC Best Books of the Month Red Shoes We Love nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Stream your favorites. Amazon music Unlimited. Learn more. All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Gift Shop Home and Garden Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon startrek startrek startrek  Three new members of the Echo family Fire HD 8 Kids Edition, starting at $129.99 Kindle Paperwhite Game of Thrones: The Complete Seasons 1-7 now available on Blu-ray and DVD Shop now TG18SW_gno

on June 1, 2016
Typically, the book is believed to get worse as it goes on. I believe that The Seems is a strong exception. There were more pages, more action, more excitement, and an amazing plot. I definitely recommend this book.
on September 29, 2015
GREAT PRICE, FAST SHIPPING. THANKS..
on June 3, 2014
The book has some interesting concepts. Its more magical than scientific. I think this would be a good book for young readers.
on December 27, 2012
This book was hilarious, heart wrenching, and a wonderful story. I will gladly recommend this book, and the other 2 in the series to my friends. This book is great for all ages and for all types of readers.
on May 5, 2013
I like this book because it puts the world in an interesting perspective. I would recommend this for any one who wants to see the world in a different way
on September 17, 2009
My granddaughter loves these books. She reads them as soon as she gets them and reads them over and over again. The book came early and in great condition.
on February 11, 2010
This is a book I purchased for my 10 year old grandson for Christmas and he was very happy. He loves this series so I also got Lost Train of Thought. He is a voracious reader and I am always looking for books for him.
on February 23, 2009
My 13yr old son has fallen in love with this series. He was so excited to receive this book for Christmas - he had no idea there was a #2. Now he won't stop asking if there is a #3 in the works.
VINE VOICEon February 27, 2010
Format: Hardcover|Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
I had received a copy of THE SPLIT SECOND, book two in THE SEEMS, and I really didn't want to read it until I had finished book one in the series. So I went out, got a copy of THE GLITCH IN SLEEP, read and mildly enjoyed it, and then felt ready to dive in to the Seems again. I was expecting another mildly humorous and entertaining romp, but THE SPLIT SECOND really did blow me away. And now I must say that I am eagerly anticipating anything else from John Hulme and Michael Wexler.

The story begins with Becker as a thirteen-year old, and he's been on duty as a Fixer in the Seems -- saving the world one mission at a time for a couple years now. But the strain is beginning to wear him down, and he knows that he can't take much more without being able to talk to someone in the World about it all. But then the unthinkable happens -- the Tide comes back in, a chief Fixer dies, and Becker Drane is called in to Fix one of the most terrifying dangers that the World will ever see. And if he can't stop it in time -- the entire World will be not much more than a pile of dust floating in space...

I think one of the things that made this second outing into the Seems so much better was that the stakes are so much higher. Things really are a lot worse than in book one, which seemed a lot more like a fun, not-so-threatening adventure. And the plot twists and turns so many times that I kept getting shocked almost every chapter as things just got worse and worse. And... there are some interesting hints as to some overall mystery that I'm sure will be picked up in the next book.

The writing speeds along much faster than GLITCH did, and the only little bumps I hit were one or two plot points I saw coming early on. But readers in the middle grade set will definitely enjoy this second book in THE SEEMS. It's definitely worth reading book one so that things will make more sense, but the series is really now starting to become amazing with THE SPLIT SECOND.
on January 23, 2014
I will admit that with both the first and this book, sometimes I have to read a sentence or paragraph three times before I catch on to what's going on. The book delves into the Seems world and makes up it's own rules so deeply that occasionally I do get a bit lost. But I think that's part of the fun when I read them.
Also, the first half of the book can be a little tedious since the author meticulously builds their story and place their characters exactly where they want them before the climax, it reminds me a little of chess. But your time and commitment will pay off because the second half of the book, I can't put the book down.
I am interested in seeing where they go with the series. Some of the sub plots are heavy for the age that they are writing for. A lot of death and how children will handle it. And the meaning of life, I am curious to see how the author will explain that.