Your Garage Luxury Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Limited time offer Wickedly Prime Handmade Mother's Day Gifts hgg17 Book House Cleaning animestrike animestrike animestrike  Introducing Echo Look Starting at $49.99 Kindle Oasis Nintendo Switch National Bike Month on Amazon disgotg_gno_17

Format: DVD|Change

Showing 1-10 of 10 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 12 reviews
on November 21, 2013
This series has received quite a few negative reviews and I do not understand exactly why. I loved it, but anything 70s has always fascinated me. Each year from the 1970s is covered in just under an hour, highlighting all the main events and some miscellaneous, frivolous video just to give it some variety which I also really liked. The only negative thing I can say about this series, is the video quality is sub par yet tolerable. You can find superior video quality on specific events elsewhere but this is a compilation of an entire decade while an effort into providing quality video and enhancing it was not done. The focus instead was on compiling all the main events from each year, that was done very well. If you can tolerate grainy video footage throughout and only very short coverage of events it is worth viewing and owning this series. I have watched this series repeatedly by renting the discs from Netflix. I finally decided to own the discs, I find myself wanting to view this series in its entirety each year. It does not get old if you like to take a trip down memory lane.
on August 16, 2010
"The Sensational 70s" is a retrospective on the Seventies consisting of ten episodes, one for each year of the decade--1970 through 1979. This DVD set covers many of the major domestic and international news stories that occurred during that era, and it also discusses some of the Seventies' fads and cultural trends such as bullet belts, cruising Van Nuys Boulevard, and punk rock. The series also looks at some more mundane stories that may not interest every viewer--included are news shorts on pigeon raising and New York City's problems with stray dogs.

I saw a couple of these episodes on VH1 in the summer of 1991 and enjoyed them, and was glad to see the series available on DVD. Each episode appears in full, which means that it includes the memorable opening and closing theme music--that music is so cheesy that it's actually sort of cool (and is guaranteed to run through your mind for days after you hear it). The series is an enjoyable look back at the 1970s.
on October 4, 2015
This is an excellent documentary of the 1970s.Disregard the negative reviews it is very well done!
on February 13, 2002
Don't bother. I don't know what the producers were thinking about, but this will put you to sleep. If you think you're going to get a "sensational" encapsulized look at '76, forget it. It wanders, wastes time, misses important moments. A bad, bad, bad effort. I rated this at one star only because you don't get the option here to give anything a zero.
on December 11, 2015
my wife is happy
on August 16, 2015
This was not a good video for me. I didn't have what I was looking for.l
on January 30, 2016
A trip down memory lane for me.
on May 21, 2015
Unfortunately not as good as the 80s collection but it was informative
on October 28, 2007
Its context is boring and it is of sub-standard production quality. I was planning on giving it to my son, as it was his childhood decade, but decided against it. Instead, I'll give him the 60s set, which is much better done, along with The 60s, The Decade That Shaped A Generation.
on August 8, 2012
The only sensations provoked by the film are boredom, inanity and a feeling of wasted money.
Save your money and feel a sense of pride.