Industrial Deals HPC Best Books of the Year Holiday Dress Guide nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Acoutsic Christmas Electronics Gift Guide $34.99 for a limited time only Try it first with samples Handmade Gift Shop Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon MMM MMM MMM  Echo Devices starting at $29.99 Save $30 on All-New Fire HD 8. Limited-time offer. $20 off Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop Now HTL17_gno

on August 21, 2017
I enjoyed the book, so much that I wish there were more details on each of the cases. He hose some very intriguing cases to present. The reason I only gave 3 stars, is that now I have to go research these cases myself!
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on December 4, 2011
I had prompt delivery from seller. The book is very interesting since I was born and still live in Cleveland area. The Beverly Jarvos, Maple Hts. killing still wears on my mind since I am from Maple Hts. and my mom still lives there.
on July 27, 2013
Had lived in Cleveland when some of these murders took place and have never forgotten Beverly Jaroz. Factual and interesting without being judgmental.
on December 25, 2008
I heard Mr. Renner on a Cleveland radio station and just had to buy this book. It is very well written and very interesting. Not too much detail that is hard to understand, but interesting details that keep you glued to the book. I hope Mr. Renner writes more like this.
on October 12, 2013
Unsettling but true stories from right in my own back yard. Very well written. Love tge writers sarcasm and wit.
on October 3, 2011
A must read. I could not put it down spent 3 days during lunch periods to read this. I recomemnd this book very much.
Brian.
on October 21, 2014
stories are not as well written or detailed as I would have hoped, but it's not bad.
on June 20, 2013
I enjoyed some of these facinating stories, but I felt like they all sort of left me hanging. I would have enjoyed more of a conclusion to each story rather than just a bunch of loose ends. In fairness, I guess that's why they are unsolved crimes.
on April 21, 2016
I'm a huge fan of all things true crime from documentaries to podcasts and all things in between. I've had The Serial Killer's Apprentice on my TBR list for a while , searching for a copy at one of my local libraries, but was, unable to find a copy in our library system. After hearing James Renner on True Crime Garage discussing the Amy Mihalajvich case I decided it was time for me to purchase my own copy of the book. My money was well spent, I was impressed with how we researched and well written the book was. Although the book discusses several cases rather than just one the book offers a wealth of details and in several instances information not previously released to the public. After reading this book I'm anxiously awaiting Renner's book on the disappearance of Maura Murray which I first heard about on the ID channel show, Disappeared. I would recommend this to those readers who enjoy true crime or non fiction. 5 well deserved stars for this immersive true crime anthology!
on June 10, 2012
I have no connection to Ohio, but I still found this book to be a fascinating read. There is enough information about each cold case to make them all seem solvable, and I hope that someone out there is able to provide some closure for the families of the victims included. I'd heard of one or two of the cases; probably because I read the author's blog about Maura Murray's disappearance, but most were unfamiliar to me. There are some very strange coincidences in many of the cases, and some even seem as though they may be connected to others in the book. If you are from, or have a connection to Ohio, or if you are just a fan of true crime stories, definitely read this book. You never know when someone out there will finally remember or choose to provide that final piece of the puzzle that will mean justice for an innocent crime victim.