Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: The Seven Decisions: Understanding the Keys to Personal Success
Amazon Vehicles Buy 2 kids' books and save Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Britney Spears Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Snacks Totes Summer-Event-Garden Amazon Cash Back Offer ElvisandNixon ElvisandNixon ElvisandNixon  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis GNO Shop Now STEM

Format: Hardcover|Change

on January 8, 2016
When author Andy Andrews was 19 years old, he suffered a series of devastated losses that left him depressed and confused. He spiraled downward for a while, and then on the advice of a stranger, began reading biographies of successful, happy people. While doing this, he noticed 7 principles these people seemed to follow in their lives. He began to think on those 7 principles and applied them to his own life.

Those seven principles (or decisions) are:
1. The Responsible Decision (the buck stops here…take responsibility for your own life and decisions).
2. The Guided Decision (seeking lifelong learning and wisdom)
3. The Active Decision (become a person of action)
4. The Certain Decision (have a decided heart)
5. The Joyful Decision (choose to be happy every day)
6. The Compassionate Decision (choose to forgive)
7. The Persistent Decision (choose to persist without exception)

There is a chapter devoted to each of these decisions that includes examples and also exercises to help you practice making these decisions a habit. I found many of the exercises helpful, and the examples were very encouraging.

This is not groundbreaking or rocket science. But sometimes the simplest things are the most effective and they are also the things that we overlook. At least, that is my problem. I often over-complicate things by trying to find cumbersome systems to use to complete projects and achieve goals. And while I have a pretty solid grip on a few of these decisions, there were 4 that I definitely did not practice. This book has caused me to focus on those 4 and slowly I am successfully implementing them into my life. I also want to teach them to my boys. These are beneficial to people of all ages.

My only complaint about the book (and the reason I didn’t give it an A) is there is quite a bit of repetition in each chapter. Sometimes I found myself thinking, “Yes, you already said that on the page before.” But otherwise, this is an encouraging book with solid and straight-forward suggestions for achieving your goals and living a happy life.
on September 28, 2014
I read "The Traveler's Gift" first. This book led me to a deeper and higher understanding of The Seven Decisions of Personal Success. With what I know now, I have found my purpose in life. My purpose in life: to help people transform their lives that will lead to change in the world.
Please read this book so that you too can be a part in changing the world!!!!!
on May 6, 2014
This book isn't about entertainment. It is a magnifying glass on the seven decisions from "The Travelers Gift". I thought it would seem too redundant but it presents the same material and then takes it to the next level of understanding and more importantly, personal application. I'm now going back and completing the recommended steps and will no doubt use it as a resource for years to come.

You can start on this book without reading the "Travelers Gift" but I'd recommend getting the "novel" before the "roadmap".
on June 15, 2014
Andy Andrews has quickly become a tremendous blessing in my life. His ability to communicate about very important topics that desperately need our attention, thought and intentionality is unlike any other. I recommend his message/books/podcasts to many, many friends and family. If you are looking for a humble, truth-speaking, knowledgable resource....check out Andy and his work...you will not regret it. Oh, and if for nothing else...see what he means when he says he is a 'professional Noticer'. We need many more of him. Thanks for your work, message and obedience to your calling Mr. Andrews.
on February 22, 2015
To take away from this book you gotta be ready to forgive yourself. It's going to require it but Andy has a gentle way of helping you get there. The Noticed another book by Andy Andrews really helped me and I would highly recommend you read them both.
on June 27, 2014
First book I have read of Andy Andrews. i could not put it down. The information is truly life transforming if one applies it to their life. I have made a conscious decision to include some of the info into my daily routine. Well worth the investment.
on May 18, 2015
This ids an awesome book -- I was saddened though to learn - I already had a copy -- it was originally released under the title: "Mastering the Seven Decisions That Determine Personal Success: An Owner's Manual to the New York Times Bestseller, The Traveler's Gift" where as that did not diminish the value -- it did diminish my pocket book -- Buyer beware...
on June 15, 2014
This book has helped to solidify my resolve and to do that for which I was born and called.
Have already recommended it to two people I care very much for.
on April 26, 2016
I spend part of the winter in Orange Beach which makes the books by Andy Andrews even more meaningful. The ideas in his books are so good for all of life. I feel like the bits of wisdom are heaven sent and words to the wise and not so wise.
on May 31, 2014
Words do NOT express how powerful this book is. Life changing powerful. I heard Andy speak for the first time at the Smart Conference in Dallas put on by Dave Ramsey and I loved what he had to say. It was a long day and he was the perfect way to end it. Since then I've watched videos of him on YouTube and followed him on Social Media. When I heard he had a new book out I thought it would be the perfect book to read, my first of his.

There really isn't a way to explain it. Me and my sister listened to the book on a road trip and Andy brings it to life in audio like he does when he speaks. The power though of the 7 Decisions and how they impact our lives is incredible. I can't wait to read it again and again and he inspired me to read more, to read more books over again and to really understand the power even the smallest decision has and how it ripples out across the centuries.

I just bought a speed-reading course/book and now I'm going to start there because I have to be able to read more, easier and with more comprehension. I can't wait to read his other books and I know without a doubt one day I will see my dreams from a little boy expressed out into my every day life as I follow these 7 principles and the laws I've learned from this book and so many others. God is so good! I can't wait to see Him to impossible miracles through my life and because of my life.

Thanks Andy for never giving up and for all the wisdom and faith you are spilling out, raining down on people. Thanks for letting God use you and your pain to inspire me and millions of others!