Amazon Vehicles Beauty Trade in your textbooks STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Gifts for Dad Book House Cleaning twinpeaksv2 twinpeaksv2 twinpeaksv2  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Kindle Oasis Shop Now toystl17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 436 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 572 reviews
on February 10, 2017
This is a fantastic book for anyone involved in sales, and magnify this for REALTORS®, mortgage professionals, and anyone else involved in real estate because the main characters in the book are from the real estate industry.

The book opens with us joining a REALTOR® circa 2010 who has been struggling with sales since the meltdown of 2008-2009. He's been invited to lunch to meet with a mortgage lender. He debates even going, but figures he might as well get a free lunch.

He meets with the most charming mortgage lender who seems to know every little detail about the staff in the restaurant from the hostess, to the server, to other patrons. She has lunch with our struggling REALTOR® and later asks him to attend an event that she thinks he may benefit from after hearing that he's been struggling.

Our struggling REALTOR® reluctantly attends the event which turns out to be one of those Tony Robbins-type of motivational events with a pitch at the end of hiring a coach. Our struggling REALTOR® is impressed when his mortgage lender friend from lunch is called up on the stage to provide a testimonial and he ultimately decides to hire a coach.

The rest of the book takes us step by step through a coaching program with our struggling REALTOR®. We learn about building personal relationships and the virtue of being servant-minded in approach. We learn about mining our database, grading our prospects, and remembering how to ask for the business.

We learn about the seven levels of communication structured as a pyramid with the highest level being face-to-face or what I like to call belly-to-belly communication. This is what it's all about in building personal relationships. People want to work with people who they know, like, and trust and what better way to do this than going belly-to-belly.

We watch an incredible transformation of our struggling REALTOR® into a confident person who starts putting others first and in doing so he finds himself again and regains the success he had prior to the real estate meltdown.

I picked this book up at the perfect time as we head into what is going to be a record year in real estate. It's a great reminder of what real estate professionals need to be doing to achieve success. It's a great reminder that it's all about "them" and not about "you." This book is a must-read for any REALTOR®, mortgage lender, or any other real estate professional. I highly recommend this one for any sales professional for that matter.
on March 12, 2012
"If I am not for myself, who will be for me? But if I am only for myself, what am I?" Pirke Avot Wisdom of Our Fathers 1:14. I think that this is really the underlying theme of this book. You MUST help yourself by following certain, specific steps and activities, however, by doing so, you may become successful beyond your dreams.

Simply speaking, what are these steps... stop being all about yourself. Think of others first. Help people, connect people, be there for people. Do the small, simple things for them that they may not even realize means a lot to them. Things like handwritten notes are a HUGE deal.

I can personally tell you that by reading this book and following the plan laid out within its pages, I have become so busy that I have hired an assistant and opened an office. I didn't get the book until December of 2011. The impact has been dramatic, drastic and immediate!

We are all in sales, whether we like it or not. Even the person who sits behind a desk and crunches numbers will eventually have to sell something or someone. By creating these relationships, you can make a huge impact on a person's life... and even your own!

The book was a gift for me, but I liked it so much I purchased a couple copies through AMAZON as gifts for others.
on March 29, 2016
I typically read books on business, success, motivation & relationships. This was recommended to me by an agent in my office. I have implemented many of the tips and am working on implementing the rest (Michael gives lots of ideas to implement in this book!). This book reads like a novel, so it's easy to follow along. The steps to implement are clear and direct. I highly recommend this book also because it approaches business success in a different way than other books do. If you are tired of reading the same thing in business with just a different title, then get this book and do what it says to do. I especially appreciate the giving side of doing business that is not usually found in most books. Michael Maher will guide you to experience amazing results in your life so this is a must have!
on October 24, 2016
I truly wish I had this book when I first started my Real Estate business, as well as my network marketing business! If you are wildly successful in your business endeavors, by all means, continue what you are doing, it's obviously working for you. However, if you are looking to improve your customer relationships, your client base, or your business overall, do yourself a favor and read this book. I'm on my second go as a REALTOR and this time I'm pretty successful. This book is definitely one of the reasons why. Stop chasing clients who don't want to be chased. Instead, attract the clients want to work with you by applying the underlying principles taught by Michael Maher.
on September 25, 2014
We had Michael on our podcast, The Entrepreneurs Library, to give a full run down of The Seven Levels of Communication. As an entrepreneur myself I believe this book is key for every entrepreneur. Stop thinking about it and GO READ THIS BOOK! If you would like to hear a review of the book from the author himself check out episode 38 on The EL podcast.
on March 8, 2017
I was worried buying this because it's obviously targeted at those in the real estate industry (I was once a long time ago). I'm happy to say that there are still an absolute ton of lessons to be gleaned that will work for anyone who's in small business or an entrepreneur.

Wrap your goggles around it as soon as you can.
on August 26, 2015
First learned of Michael and this book from my broker, Bob McDugald at Future Home Realty. And I found 'home'. Finally a way I could enjoy my business in real estate and not feel like I was begging / bugging my friends and family for business. As Michael says, I'm no longer a member of the NFL (No Friends Left)! The book is an easy read - I've read it at least 4 times - picking up new insights every time. I give this to anyone I know who is starting a new business or struggling in a sales occupation. Best of all is that the advice works! The more I've been able to adopt the ideas - time blocking, the concept of giving massive value first, finding people to give referral to - the more my business has grown. Thank you Michael Maher for writing this book and for spreading the word. Lea Lagueux, Realtor in St Petersburg, FL. FloridaLeaFHR@gmail.com
on August 26, 2015
This book has made a profound difference in my business. I'm a relational kind of person, so to find something that shows me how to be successful by strengthening relationships instead of cold calling, door-knocking, chasing after people, and/or throwing money at the problem was a relief and a blessing. This is a system of practical ways to grow your business. You can hit the ground running after reading this. I've read the book five times and have tabs sticking out the sides ands page numbers in the glossary for quick references. If you want to grow your business of any kind, you need to read this. Julie Schroeder, Keller Williams Realty St. Louis, 636.399.4626
on October 31, 2016
I liked everything about this book. I expected a first-person narrative like most other "self-help" books I've read. I was pleasantly surprised to find a more fiction-styled narrative. It made the lessons of the Seven Levels more interesting and easier to comprehend.

I strongly recommend this book for anyone in a referral-based business. It has the power to change your perspective, and therefore your approach to clients.
on December 15, 2014
After 16 years in Real Estate I met Michael Maher and read his book. It has changed my life and how I work and build my Real Estate business. I actually enjoy my lead generating time everyday, now called my Generosity Generation time! There is nothing like the feeling of giving to others first as you build your business and by doing so your business, whatever industry you are in, does grow. This is a MUST read for anyone for their professional and personal life! Thank you, Michael Maher for being the inspiration you are to all who know you and follow your systems. You truly live what you write and share with others.