Amazon Vehicles Beauty Trade in your textbooks STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Limited time offer Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Shop Shop Popular Services twinpeaksv2 twinpeaksv2 twinpeaksv2  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire 7 Kids Edition, starting at $99.99 Kindle Oasis Spring Savings Event on Amazon.com Ellen

Format: Blu-ray|Change

Showing 1-10 of 298 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 391 reviews
on February 19, 2016
Simply a marvelous fantasy film - extremely family friendly. It's got the standard monsters and royalty; the colors; the exciting musical score - all of which (in my opinion) would seem to entrance children. My love for the film goes a little deeper, though, since I'm quite a fan of Ray Harryhausen's animation work. And even in today's computer graphic oriented world, the assorted creatures used in this film are outstanding in both the way they move, and how they interact with the live actors. The definite highlight is a sword-fight between Sinbad and an armored skeleton - and it's absolutely incredible. I've stopped the film during this sequence many times - and though slight artifacts remain of the process, those are more than offset by the amazing presentation. When you can easily see the background through the skeleton's bones...when you 'see' the skeleton actually breaking (well, seemingly) a vase during the battle sequence - it creates wonder on a whole new level.

The film has decent enough English subtitles, as well as a commentary track. The assorted extras included definitely help one to appreciate both the film, and the world of Mr. Harryhausen.

I know there are many people who would not normally give this film a viewing - thinking it's too old, or the effects are old-fashioned, etc. Many excuses will be made, but if one is at all interested in how films and special effects are made, this is a great addition to your library.
on March 30, 2017
Well, I'm being a bit biased as I haven't seen all movies made with Harryhausen's effects. Still, it's the best of the Sinbad movies I've seen and I think this even tops Jason and the Argonauts. This is one of those movies I saw as a kid - both on the big screen and Sunday afternoon movies on local TV. It entranced me then and I still heartily enjoy it now. Oh, and my teenage daughter loved it too. The writing, acting, musical score, and story are all well done and this films lacks the slow spots and awkward moments in many other films of the time. The plot moves with a purpose and the heroes and villains don't disappoint. For the time, the effects are top notch and still hold up well and the blu ray transfer is solid. Truly a classic.
on June 21, 2016
We saw the end of the movie a week ago on the Comet channel and so we wanted to rent the movie so we could see the whole thing from the beginning. We love watching Ray Harryhausen movies and we have several of his movies on DVD, Jason and the Argonauts, First Men in the Moon, The 3 worlds of Gulliver Travel, and Clash of the Titans. We just love his claymation effects. But like I said we rented this movie to watch it, and my kids even loved the cyclops and the green snake woman in it. It is a great movie to watch and is such a classic movie and a family movie. You don't have to worry about nudity or cussing in it like you do now a days trying to watch a movie with your kids. If you are looking for a great classic movie this is a great one to watch.
on September 22, 2014
The films colors and detail are very pleasing to the eye, however there is a bit too much video noise through the film which could have been corrected ever slightly.

Black levels are pretty good, though sometimes a little too bright in a few scenes.

The sound includes a Dolby TrueHD 5.1 lossless soundtrack, as well as the film's original monaural sound mix.

Flesh tones are natural and "The 7th Voyage of Sinbad" looks better than it ever has.
on December 31, 2013
This film makes me happy in so many ways. I have enjoyed the soundtrack for many years. Then when the price dropped for the 50th anniversary, I snapped it up. This, paired with JASON & THE ARGONAUTS, show Harryhausen at his classic best. The Extras are even better, not only a better interview, but a look inside how these films were created. Ray mapped out his Special Effects and the storyline, then hire a screenwriter to do the script. This is al;so the first film with music by Bernard Hermann. The Extras include how he influenced six films and what brought him onboard.. Great stuff for anyone and makes this a great buy
on March 25, 2017
VERY GOOD MOVIE ESPECIALLY THE ANIMATIONS FOR THE TIME
on November 27, 2014
Great movie, made back when movies were entertaining. The blu ray transfer is very good.
on March 27, 2017
good show to Collection >>
on July 10, 2007
I saw "The 7th Voyage of Sinbad" at the Granada theater in Mt. Vernon, IL in 1958 so my perspective may be swayed by that. The only thing that has blown me out of my seat as this did as a child was "Star Wars" when I first saw it in the Creve Couer, Missouri theater in 1977 as an adult. As a child I absolutely loved this version of Sinbad. As an adult I'm still very impressed with it's longevity. Kerwin Mathews was a master at seeing creatures that werent really there, Ray Harryhausen was a master at making creatures of all sorts come to life, and Bernard Hermann made the best fantasy music I have ever heard. I highly recommend this for small children and any one of any age that enjoys old style sword and sorceror or Arabian movies.

I have been a fan of Charles H. Schneer, Ray Harryhausen, and Bernard Herrmann for years. When you put the three together you end up with a magnificent movie where the special effects and music are far above the B movies they are typically lumped with. Kerwin Mathews was great at interacting without an actor there. He made you feel he actually visualized the creatures he saw or fought in these fantastic fantasy movies. This movie has some of the best creatures Harryhausen ever created. I am particular fond of his rendition of a cyclops that looks part beast and hunts men to eat them. Scary but magical this movie is great for the whole family, because the best fairytales are scary.

This 50th Anniversary Blu-ray edition is almost perfect. Had they cleaned up the 1986 restored version of the ocassional graininess throughout the movie I would have been ecstatic. I am still quite happy I got this Blu-ray version because the menu interface and the loads of special features are well worth having. Along with the standard features in previous versions you are sure to find something new. Even the photograph section is well done with Herrmann's music. Great quality DVD with lots of extras and great replayability. If you enjoyed this catch "Jason and the Argonauts" and "Mysterious Island".

CA Luster
on March 4, 2017
I like mythology. Not disappointed with this purchase.