Bubble Witch Saga 3 Industrial Deals Beauty Little FIres Everywhere STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Digital Albums GNO for iPhone 8 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon BradsStatus BradsStatus BradsStatus  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Tailgating FFII_gno

Showing 1-10 of 408 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 508 reviews
on August 28, 2017
When I recently heard of Shadow of the Colossus and ICO and how good the games were I just had to find out for myself. I have to say when I played them I have a whole new respect for games of their calibre. In Shadow of the Colossus your main objective is to save your girlfriend/lover at all costs even so much a making a deal with the proverbial/literal devil. Your only obstacles to your objective are these giants known as Colossi. When you fight/defeat them you get the feeling you are doing a terrible thing and you are. The devil you made a deal with is imprisoned by the colossi with them acting as keys to said prison and with each death that devil is one step closer to freedom. It definitely made me question was what I was doing "just" or was I just mindlessly murdering innocent creatures? It was a major role reversal from your standard mario or legend of zelda game that followed very silmiar formulas, but you at least knew who your enemy was. This game however pushished you by making you watch what your hubris had caused.
on July 27, 2015
This collection is one of my favorites on the PS3. I played the originals of both years ago, but didn't finish either. ICO has aged well, it's still a fun, slightly whimsical action-RPG that I always thought reminded me of the Legend of Zelda "Link" games on the SNES. Shadow of Colossus has challenged me for years. I'm not the best in the world at button tapping, but it's well worth the frustration. I never thought I would like the basis of it since you know, there's no little enemies between you and the bosses, but it has been a fun game for me. I had various problems with the boneheaded camera, especially when riding the horse, but besides that both games are near perfect. This would be an excellent collection for a younger gamer/early teens who is just getting into RPGs and games that require some thinking.
on October 6, 2014
There are no such words I can find to describe all the love that these two games arise in my heart, just like in the hearts of millions of other gamers around the world. Thank you very very much for unforgettable experience, of the best journeys into fantasy worlds that I've ever had, which very well could be compared to the reading of a great book, or living in a dream world.
Having PS3, I will never through a single stone into neither of these games, so much of love they brung about and HD-quality is really worthy, although there are some bits of controversy about SotC difficulty level, that personally I think indeed did grew in comparision the PS2 version, still it does not mean anything wrong: because, after all, the most important thing is its pure pleasure of gaming process, perfected worlds and storylines, and if you are a true hard core gamer that goes after trophies — then deal with what you have: the more difficult the trophies are, the more glorious is your achievement! (this thought reminds me of the Gran Turismo 5 trophies, some which still are out of my reach, and who knows, might be never achieved: just be realistic, it is all about how good we are as gamers, not how bad the games or developers are (^_^) Peace, and play these games! Especially if you've never played them — you gotta experience them !
on August 19, 2017
BEST GAME EVER CREATED! Oh my gosh, i have been waiting for YEARS to play this game again, and finally got a PS3 so i could. Thanks so much for making my life wonderful again. ICO has been hard to get into, and it was as a teenager too. Its fun, but i a definitely in it for Shadow of the Colossus. OHMYGOSH. Its the best ever. thanks (:
on February 10, 2014
First of all, SotC is a 5 star game all day long, and I know most people feel the same way about Ico. So if you don't own/ have never played either, then ignore my rating and click Add to Cart.

But I'm not rating the original games so much as the value that has been added by reissuing them in this format. Yes, in the absence of backward compatibility it was a necessity, I guess, but it was also an opportunity to improve the games instead of just cashing in. Sony has done a little bit to improve textures, and they've thrown in token 3D support, but the graphics aren't all that improved over the original PS2 release. More importantly, I'm put off by the fact that, after all these years, you still can't reverse the Y-axis in Ico. The controls over all aren't as improved as I might have hoped. If SotC ever had an Achilles' Heel, it was that the controls could feel a little sluggish and counter-intuitive, but I always put that down to the age of the game and the horsepower available on the PS2. Years later, on the vastly more powerful PS3, the controls are not configurable and that sluggish quality remains.

SotC remains one of my all-time faves, but on buying it a second time I assumed it would have been improved more than it has. Ico? It's a slower game and I just can't seem to get into it with the Y-axis locked as it is.

So... they're great games, but it feels a little like a missed opportunity to me.
on July 29, 2015
Having played the originals on the PS2, I can understand why some would ask, why get this, its just and upscale in graphics right? Sure enough however, I feel that this game has defined an entire genre of games, and has so much replay-ability. Considering the Last Guardian is soon to come out in the future, its a great time to play these games to understand some of the world and universe that these games take place. Be sure to play it in the Order of Shadow of the Colossus and then ICO, while they were released in different orders, the developers have confirmed that the stories take place in that order. Personally, I would recommend that even if you have played the older version, pick this one up for your collection.
on March 20, 2013
ICO is everything a puzzle-platformer should be. The story and characters, while minimal, are both interesting enough and the castle itself is a joy to figure one's way through.

Shadow of the Colossus was also a lot of fun with a very intriguing (though, again, minimal) overarching plot. The idea of nothing but boss battles is one I really enjoyed, and the fact Agro (the horse) had his own AI was a nice touch from the usual mount-as-organic-taxi route taken by most games. Wander does control a little sluggishly when climbing and fighting, but as I understand it that's actually a feature rather than a bug; the folks at Team ICO wanted to make more human and identifiable and less the perfect-reflexes, undaunted-by-all Standard Video Game Protagonist. The only thing kept it from also being excellent in my estimation is the fact the camera is absolutely atrocious. I've played the rare game in which I occasionally felt I was fighting the camera as much as the enemy on screen. Playing SotC was the first time I've felt I was fighting the camera *more* than the enemy, especially against the last few colossi. Which is not to say it's unplayable, or even that the camera prevented me enjoying the game; I both beat and rather liked it, I just, unfortunately, felt I was battling the camera throughout most of it as well.

Both games are *very* pretty and tell fun little minimalist stories, and for $20 I'd absolutely recommend picking up the collection. Just be aware of the main issue with SotC going in (and try not to spoil yourself if you can help it - on either game, but particularly on SotC) and I'm sure you'll enjoy them as much as I did.
on November 17, 2013
These game are absolutely amazing. Ico is an emotion generating lesson in art and cinema all done with almost zero dialog. A beautiful and well thought out puzzle platformer that leaves a more then lasting impression. However, this is no simple puzzle platformer, the goal is not necessarily to get your character across the obstacle, but to lead an interesting NPC named Yorda. Yorda comes when shes called, follows where she is lead by the hand, is afraid of heights and is constantly in jeopardy of being stolen away by strange black creatures. The quality of the AI makes Yorda feel like she truly is alive, which only makes the thought of her getting carried off all the more threatening.

And Shadow of the Colossus, A game idea that has not yet been pulled off so wonderfully and solidly since. Traveling through an immense, hand drawn, world full of jaw-dropping views and ancients structures, in order to find and slay 16 giant colossi . In order to find these colossi, as stated by a mysterious voice, one must "Raise thy sword by the light... and head to the place where the sword's light gathers... There, thou shalt find the colossi thou art to defeat."(Shadow of The Colossus) then slay them by finding a way to climb up to there vital points and stabbing them. What more could you want! Not only that but done in the same mystifying subtlety that makes Ico such an experience.

The developers even put so much detail into these games that, on their original system the PS2, it wasn't all even visible with the current graphics. This HD version, which simply raises the resolution, allows the games look and style to only strengthen. Anyone who hasn't played these games, doesn't know what they are missing out on. And that is a true shame.
on July 7, 2014
As a whole, the HD edition maintains good framerates for both games. Both games provide just enough story to keep you interested and don't get in your way or try to be too much of anything. They lets you experience the emotion and essence of their worlds without filter.

Let's take a brief look at each:

ICO
Shunned because you're a kid with horns, you have to rescue a princess from within her own castle and escape it plus some shadow monsters. A basic puzzle plat former, this game is moderately long. Definitely unique.

Shadow of the Colossus:
The atmosphere and score for this game is superb. The game is excellently paced, a sprawling world (by PS2 standards, of course) with save points and health and stamina boosting lizards to kill. A solid style and a varied 16 total bosses keep the game fresh and fun each minute of play. 16 bosses being the whole game may seem short. It is, but this game has tons of polish and has real wondrous worldly heft to it and is fit to be a true classic
on September 12, 2016
The games speak for themselves, and it's great to have them both playable at HD resolutions. What makes this collection stand out, though, is a small but very appreciated feature: on the reverse side of the box art sheet, both original box arts are printed, without any logos, stickers, etc. (ICO on the front, SotC on the back). It even includes a spine label on this side, so you can keep it this way, and still know what game it is. It's the little things.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.