Shop Auto Winter Products Beauty Best Books of the Year Black Friday Deals Week nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc For a limited time. 3 months for $0.99. Amazon Music Unlimited. New subscribers only. Terms and conditions apply. PCB for Musical Instruments $24.99 for a limited time only Try it first with samples Handmade Gift Shop Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Early Black Friday deals: save 40% or more on Amazon Video Early Black Friday deals: save 40% or more on Amazon Video Early Black Friday deals: save 40% or more on Amazon Video  Echo  Black Friday Deals Week: Fire tablets starting at $29.99. Limited-time offer. $30 off Kindle Paperwhite Just Dance 2018 Shop Now HTL17_gno

on December 25, 2015
I never was able to watch this show on a regular basis when it was on so I jumped at the chance to get the complete collection at a nice price. This show is tremendous. Chiklis' portrayal of Vic Mackey is excellent. I've made it through the first season and so far there have been no problems with the discs. They arrive stacked in two sections so I immediately placed them in individual jewel cases. CCH Pounder, Jay Karnes and Catherine Dent are also very good. Rather than do binge viewing I watch one or two episodes each night so that when I get home from work each night I have something to look forward to. I can't praise Chiklis enough. The Shield is a classic show.
on August 17, 2015
Picked this up based on price. I was hooked on this show a long time ago, and never finished it off so when this came up for $40, I thought why not? The thing that I didn't love about this specific item is that the packaging is split in half, like a book. However, once you open it, there are two sections with two big spools and there are no dividers between the discs. They're all just stacked on top of each other and not protected. It would be better if they were bluray discs that are tougher but DVD's scratch easily so this could be a problem. Lets hope not. Otherwise, it's a great buy for the price.
on March 15, 2017
An excellent no holds barred cop series with added bonus materials on most disks. There are mostly 4 episodes per disk, some with less. Just make sure to buy a dvd folder with this box set, because the dvds are layered in 2 containers on top of each other which can cause scratches.
VINE VOICEon February 14, 2016
This is a like it or hate it show and my wife and I fall into the like it group.
This is a show about the good, not so good, bad and worse with little definition of who is where when.
Characters do very bad things for good reasons, good things for bad reasons as everyone has an agenda.
The situations are realistic; this is a cop show pulled from the newspaper with all the violence and problems that entails.
51 Emmy and Golden Globe nominations and 15 awards tell you that this is good TV.

The full series set has 247 Deleted Scenes, which I think are not separate in the season sets.
These are mostly longer shots with a quick glimpse on nudity that do not affect the story.
The discs are in two stacks, with a cardboard keeper on top of each spindle.
I have no problem with playing any of the discs, no scratches or glue.
However, this system is a pain for use ability an album style case is preferable.
on December 9, 2015
Wow. I've heard so much about this show, and knew that someday I'd watch it. Even though my expectations were very high going in, I was still blown-away with how gritty and immersive this show is. I feel like without Vic Mackey, we couldn't have had Walter White. I am so happy to own this boxed set, which is very nicely packaged. No need for any bluray on this one. Show is grainy and gritty, fits the theme perfectly. Shaky cam and jarring music bumpers used effectively also! I can imagine a rewatch in a couple years, will be nice having it on the shelf, which I don't fill up much with physical media anymore. This is an exception.
on September 1, 2016
Wow, what a great show. I watched almost every episode when it played, but after that, FX doesn't do reruns. It overlapped with and led me to Sons of Anarchy, which overlapped with and led me to Justified. I was concerned that watching a show that started in 2002 would feel a little "dated", but as soon as I started watching, I remembered what an excellent show it was. (OK, the flip phones were a little dated!)
Reading older reviews, people talked about the packaging problem. That was definitely fixed. It now comes in an album with two holes, about 1.5" deep, and a spindle in the middle of each one where the discs stack up. For so many episodes, it's definitely a steal at $30.
Loved this series. I'm a Walton Goggins fan and his acting is transformed over the course of the series. If you like police drama with lots of action, where the difference between the bad guys and the good guys is blurred, and a plot with many twists, you will like The Shield.
on June 25, 2014
I was never interested in this series when it was first run on FX, but I stumbled upon one particular scene from Season 3 that really intrigued me. I had to watch the entire program and I binged watched every single episode from Amazon Prime over a couple of weeks.

Too reminiscent of Rampart in Los Angeles - the stories and characters are all neither good nor bad; some are more bad and of course, they are the most interesting characters.

I think that this series was the original "breaking bad" as every single thing that the main character does leads to more disastrous conclusions. We watch a years-long arc of a small tight group of detectives maneuver their way through prostitution, bribery, embezzlement and graft, battery and murder. Are they the good guys, or are they the stuff of our nightmares? We each have to decide for ourselves.
on February 27, 2016
Just finished binge watching all episodes on little portable DVD player. Wow, watched every episode a long time ago obviously over a long period of time. It's so good I found myself rewinding every 10 minutes to re watch a scene because of the facial expressions and acting being so entertaining. It's full of twists,turns,questions unanswered, pressure, deceit and Vic Mackey at the end although he's done wrong for sure is the coolest real life action hero ever in my opinion of course. The way in which everything falls apart in the end is depressing a little bit.Full of action and you have to pay attention. It's done in real life time and can be pretty fast (hectic). That's why the rewind button is so handy. Great show!
on October 20, 2015
Wow! During the time period in which this show originally aired, I didn't watch much TV. I always heard it was a great show, so when I found the entire series for an incredible price, I had to jump in. I was hooked after the first episode. While the show had some ups and downs, it really was a roller coaster of emotions and trying to figure out each character's motives. I absolutely loved watching it and recommend everyone give it a watch. I also had never even entertained the idea of watching a show based on police, but this show was phenomenal.