Industrial Deals HPC Best Books of the Year Holiday Dress Guide nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc For a limited time. 3 months for $0.99. Amazon Music Unlimited. New subscribers only. Terms and conditions apply. STEM $54.99 for a limited time only Try it first with samples Handmade Last Minute Gifts Home and Garden Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon life life life  All-new Echo Save $10 on Fire 7. Limited-time offer. $20 off Kindle Paperwhite Shop Now HTL17_gno

Customer reviews

The Shores Of Issyk-Kul

on February 25, 2010
I remember the author as one of my law school classmates. He always impressed me with his flair for drama and eloquence. I believe that he has found his true calling as an writer of historical fiction. This book reminded me of "War and Peace", "Crime and Punishment", and "Dr. Zhivago". Set in the Black Earth country of Tsarist Russia, the plot follows brothers of ethnic Germans from Russia as they try to escape political oppression during the Russian Revolution. One of the brothers finds his way to the plains of Nebraska, a state the author and I claim as home, where he encounters a Pawnee Indian. The brother soon learns that suffering is a heritage that is shared by much of humanity.

I can not recommend this book highly enough. It is well researched and written with a unique and engaging style. The characters are believable and complex making the reader relate to their joys, triumphs, and hardships.

This book is a unknown gem and well worth the reader's time.
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse