Hill Climb Racing 2 Industrial Deals HPC Best Books of the Month Red Shoes We Love nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Stream your favorites. Amazon music Unlimited. Learn more. All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Gift Shop Home and Garden Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon MMM MMM MMM  Three new members of the Echo family Fire 7 Kids Edition, starting at $99.99 Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop now TG18PP_gno

on March 22, 2014
My sister was diagnosed with breast cancer and had a double mastectomy recently. She has family and emotional support but she does not have any nearby support. She just had a port put in and will start aggressive chemo followed by radiation. I saw Hollye on one of the TV program and immediately ordered the book for my sister. This is what my sister wrote me " It is amazing. It is exactly what I am going through right on down to the Port-A-Cath. It's a step by step through chemo etc. and some things to alleviate some of the problems that arise. She even talks about EMLA cream to numb the port skin". This is a much needed book.
on March 25, 2014
This book is what has been missing in the breast cancer journey. When I went through this myself, I looked for books to help me understand my feelings and discuss the REAL experience. This book is REAL. I especially appreciated the latter chapters discussing life after treatment. That is where I am now and I truly appreciated the insight. I no longer felt alone in my feelings. A must read for anyone dealing with a breast cancer diagnosis.
on April 1, 2014
Hollye's writes of her own cancer diagnosis and treatment in such a way to provide an approachable clinical perspective combined with the personal voice of a patient. Her writing is not bogged down with jargon. It is her real story--complete with humor, frustration and fear. The detail is real and while it leaves little to the imagination it gives you the benefit of knowing what to expect and how to navigate the circumstance. It is as if you are borrowing the notes of Hollye's experience and treatment so that you can have the best possible treatment plan. The book is beautifully laid out. I love the "lifeline" content highlighted throughout the book as well as the "silver lining" pages, "practical matters" pages, glossary, and resource guide. Elizabeth Messina's photography is lovely and a wonderful compliment. I highly recommend this book to anyone that may be diagnosed with cancer or supporting a family member or friend with a cancer diagnosis.
on October 23, 2017
I bought this book for a friend...but I started scanning and couldn't stop reading. I read half the book in one sitting and the other half in another. The descriptions of her experiences are realistic, specific and clear. Especially for someone who doesn't know what to expect, this book is an excellent start. The imagery and underlying message of always looking for the silver lining are inspiring. I hope this book can help others during their cancer journey and I applaud the author for sharing her time and story in this way!
on May 4, 2014
When I was recently diagnosed with breast cancer I was overwhelmed, didn't understand much of what was being told to me, and tried to find answers to many questions which created a high level of anxiety as I searched the internet. This one book provided everything I wanted to know in an organized, easy to comprehend style. It is at once a universal story and at the same time a reference and guide. Many thanks to my nephew Scott and his beautiful wife Niki! I have purchased several copies of this book to give to others who have found themselves in the same situation. I can't recommend this book highly enough!
on May 22, 2014
This book came out just a week or so prior to my wife being diagnosed with cancer. It was extremely helpful, informative, insightful, and took away a lot of questions that were looming over us at the time of the diagnosis. I highly recommend this book to anyone who wants to learn more about breast cancer from someone who experienced it first hand (and then some). My wife has since gone through her first surgery and is awaiting the next two. This book gave us a lot of knowledge going in and helped answer a lot of the unknowns. We still reference it to help us form questions (and answer some) as we go forward with our health care team of doctors.
on June 4, 2014
This is one of the best breast cancer books I have read to date!!! I could not WAIT to get this book in the mail & it arrived today - jumped right in started reading it & can't put it down!!! Yes, it's about breast cancer BUT it's NOT depressing, in fact, it's uplifting - I HIGHLY recommend EVERY woman read it - it's THAT good :-) The author, Hollye Jacobs does an OUSTANDING job talking about her experience AND give you helpful hints & tips for every situation - & being a breast cancer survivor myself it was all the more helpful - I feel there's no such thing as "too much information" when it comes to breast cancer or ANY cancer for that matter. PLEASE read this book - it's worth your time!!!
on April 29, 2014
Maybe the best endorsement of this book was expressed by a "friend of a friend" who received a breast cancer diagnosis 2 weeks ago, a 2nd opinion 1 week ago and surgery at the end of last week. My friend gave this book to her and she read it nonstop over the weekend and immediately told her husband and children they needed to read it as well. What she said after reading it was, "Now I have my questions on paper and I am ready to face what lies ahead."

When you feel out of control and faced with a daunting diagnosis, it is a gift - a silver lining - to find a book that soothes you just by looking at the gorgeous cover and then guides you with its pearls of wisdom on each page. Invaluable.
on April 13, 2014
I could not put this book down and finished it in just a few days. I cried, I laughed out loud, and nodded my head in agreement more times than I could keep track of. I truly hope this book finds its way into hands of the cancer medical community, as it is an incredible resource for people who are going through breast cancer or are in remission. Yet for people like myself who have not had cancer, but have had close friends or family members affected by it, the book still holds tremendous value. Hollye’s honesty is refreshing as is her writing style. She helps the reader understand the technical medical terms in an easy to understand way. She is candid, witty, and a realist. Her attitude and mantra are both infectious. The photographs truly help Hollye’s story come to life, Elizabeth Messina is a wildly talented photographer. I urge you to purchase this book, it is a must read!
on November 18, 2015
Best, most helpful book for those diagnosed with breast cancer. It takes the reader through the various stages of treatment and includes practical ideas to make the journey as easy as possible. As a survivor, it is now my go-to gift for those diagnosed and the feedback has all been positive. Hollye spoke to about 800 people at our annual Surviving and Thriving luncheon a year ago; she was the best!