Bubble Witch Saga 3 Industrial Deals Fall Reading Shop new men's suiting nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited Get 10% cashback on thousands of musical instruments with your Amazon.com Store Credit Card Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Fall TV Binge-worthy season premieres are here Fall TV Binge-worthy season premieres are here Fall TV Binge-worthy season premieres are here  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Tailgating STEMClubToys17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 14 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 20 reviews
on March 1, 2012
"The Silver Spoon Pasta" is well organized, expansive, and easy to follow. There are four main recipe categories: Dried Long Pasta, Dried Short Pasta, Fresh Cut Pasta, and Fresh FIlled Pasta. Each of these four categories are further organized by pasta shape. (Ex. Dried Long Pasta - Vermielli; Fresh Cut Pasta - Stracci; Fresh Filled Pasta - Pansotti.) Each pasta shape is described, and a bit of history on each shape/noodle is provided. There are several pictures illustrating how the finished food should appear. Recipes typically require 4-6 ingredients. Most ingredients are normal pantry items or common grocery items. Fortunately, most of the pasta shapes covered in this book are easy to find. Having said that, 99% of the time the cook can easily substitute other pasta shapes.
Similar to The Silver Spoon New Edition, this book provides both the English and Italian names of each recipe. Many recipes include meat, which I was happy to find. Of course, there are several vegetarian dishes and dishes loaded with cheese. The only recipes that seem to be missing are gnocchi recipes. That said, The Silver Spoon New Edition has several gnocchi recipes, and the cook can easily make a sauce from this book and put it on gnocchi.
I love this recipe book, and I have even given "The Silver Spoon Pasta" as a gift.
This book has hundreds of delicious recipes for pasta varying from the simple and enjoyable to the complicated and addictively delicious. Silver Spoon Pasta has most of the recipes from the Silver Spoon, but it is much easier to use because of its smaller size and it has five times more recipes. I lived in Italy, so I won't cook anything but authentic Italian and this pasta is the most complete collection I've seen. Good stuff. I also recommend The Silver Spoon original cookbook.
on January 7, 2010
This book is a very good book for the novice in the kitchen and it encourages moving into more difficult hand-made pasta recipes. Many of the recipes are "do-able" in 20 to 30 minutes so it would be handy for the working woman as well as the stay-at-home mother who has to prepare meals with time and energy limits in mind. I have tried several recipes already and been very pleased with the results. I originally bought the book because I felt that I had gotten into a rut with my cooking and needed to try some new recipes. I love pasta of all kinds and these recipes have really been fun to try. Many will become staples in my repertoire.
on November 26, 2013
This is a classic for great Italian cooking! It is focused on pasta...but what normal Italian-Amertican isn't? I also bought the original Silver Spoon Italian Cookbook....it's one of the best on Italian cooking that I have found and might give me reasons to sell the 50+ other Italian cookbooks in my collection.
on May 15, 2014
This is the closest I've come to eating authentic Italian food since I returned from Rome. Try the Rigatoni and Meatballs. You're going to love it.
on November 20, 2015
Has all the pasta recipes you can want.
on March 14, 2013
Any level of cook should own this book, along with de Vita's Encyclopedia of Pasta, these are two wonderful references for the how's and why's of pastas.
on March 3, 2012
I have been looking for a good Italian cook book for years. This one fits the bill perfectly. I love all the sauces and pasta dishes.
on January 17, 2010
I bought this for my husband because he loved the original Silver Spoon cookbook. This book probably has every recipe for every shape of pasta you could ever want!
on February 12, 2010
Simple, direct, utterly comprehensive, simply the BEST pasta cookbook, and the best cookbook over all outside of original The Silver Spoon, and of course everything by Marcella