Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: The Sims 2: IKEA Home Stuff - PC
Amazon Vehicles Up to 80 Percent Off Textbooks Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Songs of Summer Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Snacks Totes Amazon Cash Back Offer ElvisandNixon ElvisandNixon ElvisandNixon  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Florida Georgia Line Water Sports

VINE VOICEon July 7, 2008
The newest in the Sims Stuff Packs came right on the heels of a visit to IKEA for me - and it was definitely cool to see real life (purchasable) items for my Sims homes. It's neat that the items are all affordable - just like in real life - and that they generally match.

The items included in this pack generally fall into one of three categories - bedroom, living room, or decor. If you feel like you've got enough items for these areas, then perhaps the IKEA pack is not for you. There are no new Create-A-Sim features for obvious reasons, although somewhat surprisingly there are wallpapers and floors that should compliment your new decor. The colour scheme is mostly red, black & white, so if you're not a fan of a more modern look & feel, again, you may want to skip this one.

The number one complaint I've seen to date is the fact the beds are extremely low in values (i.e. energy & comfort) and therefore not worth putting in homes. While I agree that this was disappointing for my more established sims, it was awesome news for my newbie sims that are just starting out and want a nicely furnished home. My complaint associated with beds would be the fact this was a great opportunity to add some more bed coverings - since IKEA has a great line of them - yet none were included.

Overall I thought the items in this pack were nice and relatively different than what's already included from other Sim games. There definitely could have been items, and a higher-end bed would have been nice, but overall this is a good pack if you like to create new sims who need to decorate on a budget.

Also - kudos to IKEA, great integrated branding :)
on July 1, 2008
Stuff packs are packs Maxis produces to add additional content to the Sims2 franchise. Some packs are better than others. This pack was rather mediocre. First, there really is nothing that is all that great. The furniture is cute, but... er... Rather plain, and the accessories would suit any modern home or college dorm room, but most sims will soon be pining for the more comfortable stuff that costs more simoleans.

In general, I might consider this good value if there was about twice as much content and some new stuff in the high comfort bracket. I'd pick this up in the bargain bin, but this is by far the worst 'stuff pack' around. Disappointing
on July 6, 2008
I'm a definite Sim-aholic, but I was very disappointed in this pack. Not much stuff, especially for the number of items at an IKEA store. You couldn't furnish a whole house in IKEA stuff with this expansion pack. I think they really missed the mark on this -- they could have sold us more REAL stuff for our REAL houses by putting a lot of stuff in this pack for our sims. I kept looking for basics that I had bought for my house in this pack, and didn't find them.

I also half thought that for stuff you had to put together (like bookcases) that the Sims would put it together themselves and get mechanical points for it. That seems to me the point of having an IKEA expansion pack, right?
VINE VOICEon November 11, 2008
I've always thought the stuff packs were overpriced, I still think $19.99 is too much for the amount of stuff in the pack. But if you can find a good sale I'd say that this stuff pack should be first on your buy list.

Since buying Ikea Home Stuff I think I've used the items in most of my homes. It is a fantastic pack to have if you have Apartment Life too. It's a great way to furnish apartments on a budget.

So don't buy at the full retail price, look for a sale and you'll be quite pleased with the stuff pack.
on June 27, 2008
Well, I just bought this stuff pack the other day, and frankly, I find that it's not half bad! I don't care for the new wallpapers much, but that's just me.

The person before me mentioned that they could not tell the old stuff from the new. Here's a way to make that easier. All you have to do is go into "Buy Mode" and below "Sort by Room" and "Sort by Function", you'll find an icon that looks like a folder. That is where your IKEA stuff collections (as well as other themed collections) will be stored so as to get to it more easily. Now, for those of you Sims 2 veterans out there, you already know this, but in writing a good review, I feel it's helpful to explain as much as one can.

I guess the only thing I was disappointed about was the fact that the IKEA stuff pack did not come with a pre-made IKEA store lot, the way H&M stuff came with an H&M store.

As far as the issue with SecuROM goes, I had no problems installing this game, OR playing it. That being said, the computer I play it on is NOT connected to the internet, and it is a fairly new computer (only a few yrs. old). I suppose it all depends on the individual's computer.

Anyway, I hope this review was helpful to you all. Have a great day, and Happy Simming!
on July 31, 2008
As an owner of many Sims and Sims2 games, i am a rue lover of the creations, however this StuffPack left me wanting, especially considering the Sims2Store opened allowing people to purchase StuffPack items individually. The IKEA furniture is mostly not very attractive compared to other furniture sets in the Sims universe. If you are a collector who wants an entire library, get it. Otherwise go to the SimsStore and just pick out the few pieces you like.
on November 22, 2009
I wouldn't buy this expansion pack. There are only a handful of things. I myself live in a totally IKEA furnished apartment and got the expansion pack as a gag-gift, but I don't think it's worth the money. There's almost no furniture in it. A handful of pieces are cute, the rest look out of place in Sim-World.

I would recommend "Mansion and Garden" or "Kitchen and Bath" over this one!
on September 19, 2014
Thanks all so much! Just love it! More things for my sims to buy and do. More choices to design the homes my sims would like. Am looking forward to get more sims 2 packs to complete my sims 2 game and slowly working on sims 3 packs also. Love doing business with this seller, am very satisfied with the products.
on January 4, 2011
I've been simming since the original Sims. The Sims 2 is by far my favorite. This stuff pack, however, could've been a whole lot more than it is. It definitely wasn't worth the $20 they tried to sell it for when it was first released (or any other stuff pack for that matter). Thankfully, I didn't get it right away and managed to get it later on Amazon for $4. I wouldn't have paid more than $5 for 2 reasons:

1. I was expecting a plethora of high-end furniture choices for all rooms in the house. Instead, there's just a few random styles of bedroom, living room, and dining room furniture pieces, most of which have a white, black, or red color scheme. Not a lot of variety.
2. The furniture is extremely cheap and offers low comfort/sleep fulfillment. If you have University, however, the low-budget, simplistic modern feel is perfect for that dorm room. Otherwise, it's not worth it to your sims.

If you can get this stuff pack for $5 or less, go for it. I don't think this was a waste of money, but it was a bit disappointing compared to their other stuff packs.
on July 15, 2008
I have been a Sims player since the original Sims came out back in 2000 and have every expansion pack and stuff pack for Sims and Sims 2. Of all the expansions/stuff packs, this is by far the most disappointing. The number of items (or lack thereof)is shameful given previous releases and like other reviewers, I, too, was shocked at the lack of high comfort items.

I love IKEA and Sims rarely disappoints, but they didn't hit the mark with this one. It's still a must for die-hard fans, but it's worth waiting until it hits the sale bins.