Lyft BCA Month Beauty altText This Week in Books Hallo nav_sap_hiltonhonors_launch Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited Electronics Gift Guide $69.99 Grocery Handmade Gift Shop hgg17 Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon raydonovanfinale raydonovanfinale raydonovanfinale  Three new members of the Echo family All-New Fire HD 8, starting at $79.99 All-New Kindle Oasis South Park Shop Now ToyHW17_gno

on June 11, 2013
Yes, I know i'm a little late to buy this pack- and it took 2 hours to download off of Amazon- but this pack is SO WORTH IT.

Things to know:
You need a copy of the Sims 3 to play.
ITS AWESOME.

Here are all the jobs and professions in this pack:
Architect (The only one i've tried)
Firefighter
Ghost Hunter (Who you gonna call?)
Investigator
Stylist
Education
New features to Medical/Medicine

New Skills:

Sculpting (Eventually make ice sculptures!)
(Also I think you can make objects..)

Inventing (Make a SIMBOT that is a robot maid??)

Tattooing (Tattoo stuff like crazy on people!)

Also....

-Tons of new furniture
-New Town
-Earthquakes
-Bake Sales

-And so much more!

Is it worth it?? TOTALLY GO BUY IT NOW I LOVE IT
on March 14, 2014
I have only had this game a few days but so far it's been really fun to play. I just wanted to post a review to say that the download process was extremely simple. If you are using origin to play all you have to do is click origin and then select redeem product code. You can find your code in your games & software library here on amazon. Then just type in the code. I installed through origin it didn't take too long. I read a review about infinite load times? I've had no issues like that at all.
on September 1, 2014
It is unfair that I had to buy this twice. It wouldn't load with the new loader thingy that SIMS is using now. I had gone a long time without playing and didn't realize the changes that had happened. I like this game well enough that I bought it again so I could play it but then regretted having to buy something twice. (For some reason my base game loads just fine now that I have the new version of Ambitions.. weird.) I don't play SIMS that much but its a nice distraction once in a while. I never bought the pet game and was thinking about getting it then I read that Sims is coming out with a SIMS 4. I am not sure I want to invest anymore into SIMS now.
on April 16, 2014
Sims 3 has been around a long time, and I hadn't played it for years. I did have the World Adventure expansion already from when it first came out. Ambitions was my second (and likely final) expansion and it really was a great value. It adds a LOT of new content for the (work) lives of your sims. I'd already had "self-employed" artists and authors, but it is really cool that those jobs are officially sanctioned and supported with this expansion.

The inventing and sculptings skills did leave a lot to be desired. Sculpting is a slower, less-profitable version of painting. Inventing sounds interesting but it doesn't really make a lot of money and is kind of tedious. Writing and painting are still the most rewarding "hobby" jobs imo, as well as gardening and nectar-making.

Definitely tho if you're looking to expand and already have World Adventures then this would be the one to go with!
on March 14, 2013
This one is awesome! I had no troubles with downloading and installing. Ambitions expansion comes with new jobs/careers and of course stuff you can add to your gameplay. The jobs they offer are Ghost Hunter,Fire Fighter, Private Investigator, Fashion Designer, Sculptor, Inventor and Doctor. I think there is another one, but cannot recall.
I really do like this expansion, it is a lot of fun and has jobs or careers that are not rabbit hole jobs, meaning that you don't just send your Sim to work and let the time go by, you have to actually go to houses and suck up ghosts in your ghost pack, search for clues as a Private Investigator and solve cases, actually fight fires when the alarm rings at the fire house station, and I haven't tried the doctor yet, the inventor is cool because you can blow things up and make cool stuff like a time machine or a Simbot (Sim robot), Haven't tried Fashion designer and haven't done much with sculpting, but what I have done with those, seem pretty awesome!
on March 21, 2016
One of my favorite things about playing The Sims is building skills and having your Sims grow in their selected careers. I was so excited when I got Ambitions because I was looking forward to the new career options and the new skills that I would be able to build on them. If you're looking for a pack with more build/buy items, you might want to take a look at Into the Future or something else, but if you're looking to add on more options for your Sim's storyline, Ambitions is really the best way to go, especially when paired with University. Along with Pets, Seasons, and University, Ambitions has become one of my default expansion packs when playing.
on May 6, 2014
This one really changes the game for me. I now have more options for gameplay in build mode, buy mode, and CAS not to mention the new buildings to visit like the Tattoo shop or the Firehouse. New actions and traits as well! When flirting you can say "I'm a firefighter" and you get several new tattoos to reflect that if your sim fancies ink. (Nearly all of mine are tatted.)
on July 29, 2015
Incredibly irritated with the Instant Access. I linked it with origin. It downloaded successfully. THEN, it wouldn't let me play it. It would open up a different expansion pack. I thought it may be because I didn't register the product code with EA, but it said it was already claimed. THEN, in the EA product/purchase info., it didn't have Ambitions listed in my purchasing history. However it clearly shows I purchased it via Amazon and downloaded it through origin client. So that's $20.00 wasted. Bogus. Scam. Very upset.
on November 28, 2016
So fun and hours of endless entertainment!
on March 13, 2015
Been trying to download for two days now. The first time it was downloading it was nearly complete and then for some stupid reason it started itself over again... I have not been able to turn off my computer for two days trying to get it to complete the download. Not happy and not worth it tomy electricity bill. I am very annoyed that I can't even get a refund because it's not working. Don't waste your time or your money.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.