Lyft Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month Shop new men's suiting nav_sap_hiltonhonors_launch Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited GNO for iPhone 8 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Transparent Transparent Transparent  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Trade in. Get paid. Go shopping. Tailgating STEMClubToys17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 230 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 246 reviews
on August 27, 2016
A lot of the negative reviews towards the game (or any game) on amazon are caused by people not knowing how to activate the game, download the game, etc etc. No worries. That's understandable. I bought many product keys on amazon before and I've never had a problem with it.

Most of the How-tos are listed in the Requirements section, but if it's unclear to you, I'll try to clarify a few points.

**IMPORTANT**

Firstly, be aware that this is a EXPANSION PACK. Thus, you need to original Sims 3 game in order to play. Make sure your Sims 3 game is on Origin, not Steam, since the product key is for Origin. (If you have Sims 3 on Steam, I believe it is possible to transfer it to Origin. I've done this before, but I don't remember how).

Done with everything above?

Great, now check out and you'll receive a product key.

Copy paste the product key, open Origins, Redeem your game, paste product key, and you should be able to officially download the game and play.

***

Now, for the review for the game.

If you never had Generations before, you'll know how boring Toddlers, Children, and Teens are. Thankfully, the game gives them something to do and toddlers, children, and teens actually become FUN to play with. Young Adults stay the same (as far as I'm concerned) and Adults can go through Mid-Life Crisis. Young Adults or Adults can also have more interactions with children (going to graduation, scolding them, teaching them to drive) etc etc.

For a full (more or less) guide of the game, check out [...] to see what the expansion pack adds, since it'll take too much time for me to include everything.

Now, Generations aren't necessarily for everyone as it depends on the people's game play (although I still believe that Generation is a must buy compared to other expansion packs). It adds so much more interactions between people and toddlers, childrens, so and so, it's a wonder why the developers never included it in the base game.

If you are a family-focused simmer, then this game is an absolute must. It adds SO MUCH that should have been in the base game.

The only criticism I have for this expansion pack is (like all sims expansion pack), that it's quite expensive. I suggest waiting for a sale.
on December 2, 2016
This Sims 3 Generations expansion pack is okay in my opinion but not really what I was hoping for and I feel neutral about it. I was hoping it would have more baby and nursery room items but it doesn't really have that much. It does have two types of strollers but I was hoping it would have rocking chairs and maybe a changing table for sim babies but the rocking chairs are available with the Supernatural expansion pack which I do not understand. Sim teenagers and children can become grounded with this Generations expansion pack which is both a blessing and a curse because after one of my teenagers got over her grounding she was still sneaking around and acting sneaky well into adulthood and I had to move her to another neighborhood to get her to walk normally and quit sneaking around. I am thinking this was an error in this expansion pack but it was irritating because it made my teenager walk much slower and made her almost late for school and work. Overall I would recommend this expansion pack but there are more new actions available with it than new items.
on July 30, 2017
I love getting the digital copies so I have nothing that can get lost. Also delivery is instantaneous which is always a bonus for me. I haven't played this one yet but I don't have to worry about that. It's there in my library in Amazon when I'm ready to.
on July 19, 2012
After reading a million negative reviews I was so scared to actually purchase this game but because of the price difference (from amazon to the EA site) I decided to give it a try anyway. I didnt follow any steps I saw in reviews about deleting downloaded content because I didnt want to lose the clothes I had from the exchange. Luckily it worked fine!!! It only took about 30-40 mins to download. I just finished playing it and Im so in love lol. I love all the new options & objects.!!
on July 18, 2011
This is a review of the Amazon download and install process of the Sims 3 Generations.

After reading other reviews stating they had trouble installing the Sims 3 Generations, I was worried if I would have issues as well.

I have Windows 7 and have the original Sims 3 (not deluxe), World Adventures, and Ambitions expansions. The game was fully patched to the latest version, and I did not remove any custom content prior to downloading and installing. I downloaded everything with the "typical" settings, and the 1.6GB download took about 45 minutes to download and about 5 minutes to install. It did ask me for the product code up front, which I was able to easily copy and paste from a link that took me directly to my amazon account.

All things said and done, it was one of the smoothest digital installs I have completed.

I am not suggesting whatever problems others have had are fixed. However with my computer, the install worked exactly as is should.

I have enjoyed the new expansion so far, and the addition of bunk beds and more kid focused items. I would recommend this expansion for avid Sims fans, especially those looking to start a "new family" with their single or newly married sims.
on March 26, 2014
I bought this because I was excited to download it instantly from home instead of going all the way to the store to buy it. However, it wasn't as convenient as I thought it would be. The download process took me 5 hours over a span of 3 days because it kept 'losing connection' when my internet speed is usually very fast. If you're going to buy it for the instant download at home, I recommend buying it at the store or ordering a physical copy from Amazon instead. The prices are the same, $19.99, and the download speed is much faster than this. However, in the end with much frustration, I got it to work. It was just a matter of patience and convenience that decided my purchase on this purchase of Generations, not the worry of lack of gameplay because there was plenty of that! If you want a more realistic experience in your game (besides the imaginary friend and potions) then I completely recommend Generations.
on March 19, 2014
I got this expansion pack as a gift, but lost it. I bought this download because it was my favorite expansion pack and I didn't want to wait for delivery.
The download was fast and easy. My only problem with it was finding the product code, but that's because I just didn't see it in plain sight. I haven't had any problems with the game.
I don't think Sims is the same without this expansion. This expansion is everything that should have been put in the base game, but wasn't. With this expansion, I can finally have my sims have a real wedding with bachelor/ette parties, a wedding cake, and a wedding arch. Without the expansion, you can get married in a public bathroom or an elaborate chapel, it makes no difference. My teens can go to prom, pull pranks, and graduate. My kids and teens can do afterschool activities that will help them raise their skills and get more scholarships/credits for university.
on October 25, 2016
I've wanted this game forever. Amazon had it on sale for $12 and I'm not going to purchase Sims 4 for the obvious reasons of them selling a half completed game. So, finally, got my hands on this. I don't hate it, it adds some fun, but not enough. I'm glad I bought it for so cheap. Only buy if on sale and you want some extra traits. New clothes for females, toddlers, and teens. Bunk beds, and.... no new jobs or anything else to make it fun or add to game play.
on December 21, 2012
I love the Sims! I usually get hooked into buying all of the expansion packs but I have yo admit this was the best do far!

Lets begin with the download version. This was the first time I have purchased a game online. This was so easy I cant believe I have never done this before! I don't think I will ever buy another Sims game in store! Once I downloaded the game worked beautifully.

The game itself is one of the beet expansion packs I have purchased for Sims 3. This game comes packed with new outfits and hair styles for Sims. There is also new interactions for all age the sims age levels. You can now have imaginary friends, posy pranks, go to boarding school, and even attend prom!

This expansion pack is a must if you love the Sims.
on March 21, 2016
I absolutely love the new content! I purchased all of the expansion packs at once and installed them all, and while my computer couldn't run them all at once (which is to be expected of any computer), running this one along with Pets, Seasons, and University has caused no issues. If you've got a computer with better specs you should be able to run even more expansions with Generations. I mainly got Generations for the new activities, and it has proven to be a worthy investment.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.