Trade in. Get paid. Go shopping.
Ship it to us for free.
We are unable to process your trade-in order.
We don't know when or if this item will be available again.
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
From the Manufacturer
The freedom of The Sims 3 will inspire you with endless creative possibilities and amuse you with unexpected moments of surprise and mischief. Create millions of unique Sims and control their lives. Customize their appearances and personalities. Build their homes - design everything from exquisitely furnished dream homes to quaint cottages. Then, send your Sims out to explore their ever-changing neighborhood and to meet other Sims in the town center. With all-new quick challenges and rewarding game play, The Sims 3 gives you the freedom to choose whether (or not) to fulfill your Sims' destinies and make their wishes come true.
- New Seamless, Living Neighborhood
- Explore the ever-changing neighborhood—and take your Sims to meet friends in the park, go on a date at the bistro, visit neighbors’ homes, converse with less-than-savory characters in the graveyard and more. Who knows what might happen?
- Admire the natural beauty of the beach, the mountains, and more.
- New Create a Sim Functionality
- Create any Sim you can imagine with easy-to-use design tools that allow for unlimited customization of facial features, hair color, eye color, and more.
- Fine tune your Sims’ body shape from thin to curvy to muscular.
- New Personality Traits
- Create over a million different personalities with traits such as evil, insane, kleptomaniac, romantic, and more.
- Influence the behaviors of your Sims with the traits you’ve chosen. Will you create a neurotic romantic with a heart of gold, or a geeky super-genius with an evil streak?
- New Unlimited Customization
- Everyone can customize everything—design and build your dream house and decorate it to fit your Sims’ personalities.
- Customize everything from floors to décor, shirts to sofas, wallpaper to window shades.
- New Gameplay That’s Rewarding and Quick
- Face short and long-term challenges and reap the rewards.
- Your Sims can pursue random opportunities to get fast cash, get ahead, get even, and more.
- Choose whether, or not, to fulfill your Sims’ destinies by making their wishes come true. Will your Sims be thieves, rock stars, world leaders? The choice is yours.
- Get Connected and Share Your Creations with The Sims 3 Online Community
- Get free bonus content—download Sims, outfits, furnishings, houses and more.
- Create and Share Sims, houses, movies and more with anyone.
- Join The Sims 3 community to share ideas with fans of The Sims from around the world.
INTERNET CONNECTION, ONLINE AUTHENTICATION AND ACCEPTANCE OF END USER LICENSE AGREEMENT REQUIRED TO PLAY THE SIMS 3 DIGITAL DOWNLOAD PRODUCT. ACCESS TO ONLINE SERVICES INCLUDING SIMPOINTS AND DOWNLOADS REQUIRES AN INTERNET CONNECTION, EA ACCOUNT AND GAME REGISTRATION WITH THE PROVIDED SERIAL CODE. REGISTRATION IS LIMITED TO ONE EA ACCOUNT PER SERIAL CODE AND IS NON-TRANSFERABLE. EA ONLINE TERMS & CONDITIONS CAN BE FOUND AT www.ea.com. YOU MUST BE 13+ TO REGISTER FOR AN EA ACCOUNT. MAC USERS MUST UPDATE TO THE LATEST VERSION OF THE SIMS 3 LAUNCHER TO ACCESS ONLINE SERVICES, INCLUDING [FREE] SIMPOINTS AND DOWNLOADS. EA MAY PROVIDE CERTAIN INCREMENTAL CONTENT AND/OR UPDATES FOR NO ADDITIONAL CHARGE, IF AND WHEN AVAILABLE. The Sims 3 digital download PRODUCT uses SecuROM digital rights management technology provided by Sony DADC Austria AG. For more information about SecuROM, visit http:/faq.securom.com/.
EA MAY RETIRE ONLINE FEATURES AFTER 30 DAYS NOTICE POSTED ON www.ea.com.
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
I intend to stay away from all EA Mac downloads. I've downloaded other games from Amazon without issue.
Having not played since Sims 2, I was impressed with the improvement in graphics. The characters were more detailed, had better animation in general, and there is now a ton of downloadable content that can help you customize your characters and the things in their lives. Altogether the game is still same sandbox type of game just with better graphics and options.
The only downside is that I decided to purchase a Mac and not a pc for playing this game on. My Macbook Pro unfortunately is not the best at handling any sort of gameplay due to it's age. However the game still works well.
EDIT: After contacting first Amazon customer service THEN being told to contact EA games THEN going back to contact Amazon I was connected with the lovely Katie D. who assisted me in sorting the whole mess out.
She listened and was sympathetic and we figured out a solution.
THE GAME STILL DIDN'T WORK, SO BUYERS BEWARE. I AM OPERATING ON a Mac OS X Version 10.7.4 Processor 2.3 GHz Intel Core i5 Memory 4 GB 1333 MHz DDR3. I have never had trouble installing a game before but as far as Amazon customer service goes I am very pleased with the outcome.
Still love Amazon but won't be using their downloading gaming thing in the future.
The Sims 3 is a major step up from Sims 2; the graphics are incredible. There is amazing detail in both the Sims and their environment. It's quite lifelike (but not too much) which I think is nice. Playing the game is of course similar to Sims 2, but I find it a bit more challenging (which i think is good!), especially when trying to advance careers or relationships. Another nice change was eliminating down time moving from your house to another lot. Also they included cars outright in the game so it makes it that much easier to travel around. I'm already downloading two of the stuff packs, and will be getting some of the expansion packs. Can't wait! My only complaint is sometimes when I use my mouse to move around my screen it tries to jump me to another place or view; that's rather annoying but doesn't happen too often.
*NOTE - Make sure when you first open the game to update the game to the most recent version - one of the updates is using your mouse to move your screen view, among other things. I've recently had problems downloading from the online Exchange - the FAQ online says I need to uninstall the game, then reinstall it with the newest patches. I haven't tried it yet but I'm assuming that once the patches are in place downloads from online will work just fine. They also have other neighborhoods available for purchase/free online so you're not just stuck with the default neighborhood. ( when I tried to download one it told me I didn't have the latest version of the game, so again, I'm assuming I need a patch to update my game.)*