Lyft Industrial Deals Beauty Most Anticipated Fall Children's Books Shop new men's suiting nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited GNO for iPhone 8 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Transparent Transparent Transparent  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop Now PSFF17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 131 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 307 reviews
on September 30, 2013
This EP unlike a few others completely changes the gameplay experience. As the title implies there are now "seasons" which last 5 days each and are customizable from the neighborhood screen. Rain, snow, hail and occasionally flaming stones (if the season changing aspiration reward is used and fails) are the new types of inclement weather. There are a lot of new objects and activities for your sims such as fishing in ponds, ice and roller skating, and gardening. You can grow a variety of veggies and four different types of fruit and either keep them, sell them, or even open a farmers market if you have the Open for Business EP. Prepare to spend enormous amounts of game time gardening though, as plants need a lot of attention!

Also new are "plantsims" which can occur when your sim spends a lot of time gardening and spraying fruit trees. A plantsim's only needs are sunlight, water, and love and they automatically have gold gardening badges.
With various mods from the sims resource you can make any sim into a plant sim, I used it and created a plantsim farm and farmers market.

I do recommend backing your game up, however, because it's possible not everyone will care for having seasons in the game. It slowed my game down a little, but not so much that I have long wait times to load, etc.

As with the sims games in general it's very possible to sit down and begin playing this game only to look at the clock and realize hours have passed!
on December 12, 2012
Seasons revolutionized the Sims 2 game for me. I was already enthralled with the game, and when I heard about this expansion, my first thought was: "Why didn't they think of this sooner???" My second thought was: "I must have this!" Seasons completely changed the gameplay Sims 2, and if you own the base game, this expansion is a must.

In addition to the inclusion of seasons, this expansion includes new careers, as well as the expected new clothing and household objects. It also has gardening as a new activity, which I love, although it is time-consuming for your Sim.

You have the ability to control the seasons, but I prefer to let it flow naturally. Winter is such a treat, in no small part because we are so used to the unvarying sunny Sims days up until now.
on June 18, 2015
This is an expansion pack for The Sims 2, and this pack adds seasons and weather and temperature into the life of the virtual people. I did enjoy this pack, because now with seasons and weather, it adds realism to the game. You can get hit by lightning, snow piles up, rack leaves, dress in many new outfits etc. This game also adds gardening and greenhouses as well to the game. This is by far one of the better expansion packs for the game, as it adds a lot to it.

The temperature addition is nice, you wouldn't want to swim in the pool in winter, you would freeze, or in summer time, do a lot outside you could get sick and overheat, this is a very good pack!
on July 21, 2014
I have always wanted to experience different types of weather when playing the Sims 2 game. I got use to sunny days and clear night but when I first saw the leaves fall from the trees and the rain, thunder and lighting I was shocked!! It changed the whole feel of the game, the snow and the sounds of the wind blowing!! This is a must have expansion pack! You get to decided which seasons your Sims experience, winter all year around! Or maybe, summer then winter then summer again! The only thing I noticed from installing this expansion pack is, my Sims complain a lot more about walking space, they are always catching an attitude as opposed to me installing seasons. Also, sometimes they will just stand in the middle of the floor and rock back in forth or just stand there and shake their head like they are going crazy. Might just be my game but I did notice a slight change in their behavior, also most of my custom option interaction selections I downloaded are now gone.
on January 10, 2014
A perfect add to your Sims 2 collection. Sims can now enjoy the love in Spring (and the rain and realistic thunderstorms) the swimming in Summer (and the heatstroke) the cleaning in Fall (and the raking) and the snowy actives in winter (and the snowstorms)

Your sims can now garden, planting tomatos in the ground or tending to Apple trees, but be careful, if your sim spends too much time in the greenhouse they might become a Green person. Pretty much a human/plant mutant. Also your sims have a new TV channel which is the Weather Channel.

Your sims have new clothing which is Outerwear. In Winter you can build Snowmen and Snow angels and also have snowball fights. Schools get snow days and you can purchase hot chocolate maker.

In Summer you can purchase a new Pool slide. Also the "Play..." game Play Catch has been added. Your pets and toddlers love to play in the snow and also your sims now have their own Temps.

If they get too hot they got have heatstroke or set on fire (on one freaky case of mine) and if too cold they can freeze...literally. It's a great game
on March 11, 2017
Love this game but incompatible with new computers / windows 10. Major graphic issues. Playable if that does not bother you.
on August 14, 2013
Seasons definitely changes the Sims 2 experience. I personally like it a lot, though I will say I was expecting more in the way of new clothes. Be aware that your Sim can now die of frostbite or heat stroke. Just for the record, showers and lemonade help with the latter, but the only way to get rid of the former is by having them eat hot food (or hot chocolate) and/or standing in front of the fireplace. Also they can be struck by lightening, as can fruit trees, but there is a lightening rod in the buy menu to prevent it. More jobs to choose from is a plus, unless you are waiting for that one job your Sim really wants and that can get tedious. The one thing that keeps this review from being five stars? The seasons themselves last for only four days (though you can edit your neighborhood to make the season last longer or all year round if you like) and yet growing anything in the garden is a chore, and takes multiple seasons. Overall, a great expansion to The Sims 2.
on July 15, 2013
I really liked this expansion pack. I loved gardening in the first Sims, and I wanted a garden in the second, so this was perfect. Between playing in the snow, raking leaves to jump in, and making yummy (and sometimes weird) juices, your Sims will be busy all year long! Good graphics, as far as the game itself. It does run a little slow on my computer when it snows or rains, but otherwise is fine. Watch your sims closely, because hail storms and temperatures affect them! The new objects that come with this are really neat and I love the country theme bedroom and kitchen set. Talent badges don't really take that long to earn, if you take enough time to work at them. A great addition to the game was the seasonal perks, like quicker study during the fall. I enjoy this expansion pack a lot, and would recommend it to anyone who wants their Sims neighborhoods to enjoy the benefits of weather and gardening!
on October 12, 2012
I really like the element that Seasons adds. I won't go into all the things you can do with it since other reviews have covered that fairly well, but it does add some fun. It's cool too because you can choose which seasons each of your towns have. For instance, I have a town that's in the desert, so I set all four seasons to summer. I have another town that I wanted to be Christmas oall the time, so my Holiday decorations are up (Got that from Happy Holiday Stuff) and set it to winter all year. When the penguins come they are super cute :) They will come talk to your snowmen. Unfortunately, the penguins can't stay there for your sims to adopt. They will leave when they are ready. Another town I set to all 4 seasons, so it goes through them all. Just make sure that your sims don't stay outside too long, namely in summer and winter, as they can get too hot or cold. So that's one thing you need to watch that you didn't have to worry about before. I'm glad I bought Seasons - it's a really fun expansion that adds a lot to gameplay.
on March 3, 2014
For those of you who have played the Sims 2 before, this makes a good addition. You get some cool seasonal additions in furniture and you can now chose winter-wear for your sims wardrobes. The coolest feature is you can choose the seasons for your sims- it doesn't have to go Summer, Fall, Winter then Spring. You can choose Fall year round, or go Fall, Winter, Fall, Winter. That was my favorite part.

It gets a 4 stars instead of a 5 because I wish there were more clothing options from what's given. But I still recommend this!

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.