Bubble Witch Saga 3 Industrial Deals Fall Reading Shop new men's suiting nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited Get 10% cashback on thousands of musical instruments with your Amazon.com Store Credit Card Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Fall TV Binge-worthy season premieres are here Fall TV Binge-worthy season premieres are here Fall TV Binge-worthy season premieres are here  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Tailgating STEMClubToys17_gno

Format: Mass Market Paperback|Change

Showing 1-4 of 4 reviews(3 star, Verified Purchases). See all 82 reviews
on August 11, 2013
Well, I love the premise for the four lads. A son of the Laird (Chieftian), cousins and the nursemaid's son all grow up together. Along side of them are four beautiful, intelligent, independent lasses. Two of the women are related and grow but in the background. The lads become warriors and travel to France for five years. While there they fight, wench and drink together. After the massive losses the Scots take at Flooden, they return home. So begins the Guardian...Ian's story. It was midbook before I started to enjoy. Reason...Ian, the hero, was shallow, selfish and immature in his relationships with women. I hung in there because I HATE not finishing something I'd begun. It was a good decision. Sooooooooo.....I decided to continue on. The Sinner is the next book in the series. It tells the story of the Viking looking, charming, rouge, in the group, Alexander. Due to the constant battles between his parents, he refuses to marry.... not for love or duty. Eventually, he meets a woman much like himself. Her first husband was crude, met his needs before his clans' ( he was Chieftan ), and unfaithful. After three months, the heroine, Glynis, tries to relieve him of his bullocks with her dirk. She fails and is sent home in shame. There she meets the hero, Alex. Much alike, they first fall in lust and then in love. Neither will admit to love but continue to share their bodies. Now, I cannot relate what happens next as it would ruin much of the tale. Now my gripe. Mallory does it to me again but in reverse from The Guardian. The first half of the book is great including the H/h. Then the h becomes a whiney, shallow person and the story lags accordingly. Of course, I must finish and we do have our HEA but I feel sucker punched ! Damn ! Again. I' m going to read The Warrior next because I like Duncan ( well, so far ) and want to see him happy. I hope I am not making a mistake. Do I recommend this book? Yes, if you like half books. Also, if you've already read The Guardian then you can handle any disappointment you may find here.
on November 18, 2011
I liked this book better than the first and understood that each character had their own issues and problems with commitent to the other. I felt that there wasn't enough examples of what the characters went through prior to meeting each other that gave them their issues though. Still a good enough read that I will buy the next installment - I like Duncan (though Conner is gonna have to do some major redeeming as he is a major a@@hat so far).
on July 18, 2015
Good book for recreational reading
on May 23, 2013
I liked it well enough. Good story plot, although all in this series pretty much have the same plot. I like that this is like a series with some of the same characters.