Shop Auto Winter Products Salon Beauty Best Kids Books of the Year Black Friday Deals Week nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc For a limited time. 3 months for $0.99. Amazon Music Unlimited. New subscribers only. Terms and conditions apply. STEM Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Gift Shop Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Prime member deal on Amazon Video: 50% off select Pixar movie rentals Prime member deal on Amazon Video: 50% off select Pixar movie rentals Prime member deal on Amazon Video: 50% off select Pixar movie rentals  Three new members of the Echo family Save $50 on All-New Fire HD 10. Limited-time offer. $30 off Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop Now HTL17_gno

on December 22, 2010
I would concur that some of the material covered is basic, but the basics never go out of style. The six day part is misleading, but then we could all probably figure that out before reading the book

My primary frustration with the book is that it keeps referring to the [...] for more information and tools. When you go to the website it's been shut down. Either maintain it as long as the book is being sold as "new" or bring out a new edition that deletes all the website references. This doesn't make you feel warmly toward buying any other books by this author.
3 helpful votes
4 helpful votes
on June 25, 2015
I knew most of the information provided, so this is more for the very young starting out. One thing that upset me is the website recommended to use was not working or bogus. I reached a website in Chinese. This makes me a bit leery of the book.
on January 21, 2014
The book is great. I just waited until I had retired to find out what I sould have been doing all along. The book is great. It gives the steps to follow and shows you how to calculate your gain. Rube La Vel Word
2 helpful votes
on January 27, 2015
I am looking forward to putting some of his information to use
on September 12, 2015
love it
on August 12, 2014
nothing to say!
on March 24, 2008
The book started out very long and drawn out. It said 6-day financial makeover and it took forever for the book to get to the first day. It was hard to understand. I am finally getting to the steps to the 6 day thing and before this I was ready to resell it. I don't think it is going to help me very much.
4 helpful votes
5 helpful votes
on March 28, 2012
I was a little skeptical to start with, being the youthful age of the writer, but I read the book with an open mind. I was taken back by the fact it was
full of childish drills similar to a 1st grade math workbook. It seems anybody can get anything published these days, what a waste of my money.
on November 18, 2008
Are you ready to get your financial house in order? Are you ready to find an exciting financial vision for the future? Robert Pagliarini claims you can do both in just six short days. Is it really doable?

Robert Pagliarini is a wealth advisor who has appeared of ABC's 20/20, been interviewed by the Wall Street Journal, CNN and more. He comes to financial advising with an impressive background and quickly establishes that his advice is based on first-hand knowledge. He makes the bold claim that we can experience a six-day financial makeover with the complete confidence of man who knows what he's doing.

I have to admit I went into to this whole process with skepticism. Six months may be, but just six days in which to change our emotional, mental and physical relationships with money? That's difficult to believe.

I was doubtful to say the least. I purchased the downloadable version of The Six-Day Financial Makeover and began listening. I quickly realized I needed the written version too because I wanted to "see" what he was talking about. All the while this little voice in my mind kept saying, "This better be good."

First of all let me say if you can do all of the reading/listening, activities and paperwork in just six days, you're a better person than I. In my opinion, if you're serious about accomplishing everything in this book in less than a week, plan on taking the week off and devote full time to your studies with Robert Pagliarini.

Now on the plus side - there is a treasure trove of great advice and information in this book. It's not written in financial mumble-jumble but in language we can all understand and put into use immediately. That's a BIG plus on my scorecard.

The Six-Day Financial Makeover is thorough - probably one of the most thorough personal finance books I've ever read. It's also well written, practical and covers most everything you'll need to know to get your personal financial house in order.

Robert's advice is logical and sequential. He begins at the beginning and takes you step-by-step through a very workable financial action plan. He includes checklists at the end of each chapter with activities to be completed before continuing on to the next day's studies. This is a great way to stay on track and keep organized.

I especially was impressed with the time, effort and detail he put into the chapter "Design The Life Of Your Dreams." I am in total agreement that if your dream/goal isn't big and vivid enough, the motivation won't be there to achieve it. I truly enjoyed this chapter.

The Six-Day Financial Makeover is like having a personal financial advisor at your fingertips. This book is filled with information, resources and how-tos to support your "living the life of your dreams." It is filled with valuable and viable financial information - information that a layperson can understand and use. It's well worth investing your time, energy and money in this financial resource and guide.

This book is now definitely in my top ten of modern finance books - a must read if you're truly serious about taking and keeping control of your financial life. To me this was more than a finance book; it was also a book about getting your entire life in order.
7 helpful votes
8 helpful votes
on March 21, 2010
I highly recommend this book but I don't recommend just reading it, I recommend doing the exercises in order so as the text progresses you actually have developed an action plan. Reading alone, as even the author will tell you, simply won't work. Oh, I know you'll get to the exercises later. The odds are you'll skip the practice and get to the end of the book claiming you haven't learned (or done) anything. Well, that's like going to the gym to watch other people working out and wondering why you haven't lost weight, toned muscles or done much of anything but waste your membership fee. Pagliarini has some great thought provolking exercises within the book starting with creating the life you want. How on earth can you expect to change anything if you don't change anything? This isn't the schoolroom kind of lectures on goal setting and time management. This is practical information complete with real life stories and practical exercises designed to put YOU into the book so you can write your own story, hopefully of success. You'll get information on insurance, investments, wants and need analysis, and much more. There's value in this book far more than the cover price. So NOW you see why I highly recommend this book!!!
2 helpful votes