Shop Auto Winter Products Beauty Best Books of the Year Black Friday Deals Week nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Listen for a chance to win STEM Starting at $39.99 Try it first with samples Handmade Gift Shop Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Prime member deal on Amazon Video: 50% off select Pixar movie rentals Prime member deal on Amazon Video: 50% off select Pixar movie rentals Prime member deal on Amazon Video: 50% off select Pixar movie rentals  Three new members of the Echo family Save $50 on All-New Fire HD 10. Limited-time offer. $30 off Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop Now HTL17_gno

on February 27, 2016
Jeff Olson sets the stage by asking the all important question why are some people in better physical health, better off financially, great personal relationships and more free time? it's their philosophy the way they think and what they believe! the right habits and actions compounded over a long period of time that takes them to success.. while unsuccessful people make daily errors in judgment habitually over a long period of time and leads them to failure, and anyone at anytime in their life can make a choice to change.
No secrets in this book, just time tested wisdom and universal laws that can be applied by anyone committed to their success.
on March 13, 2017
It was spoken a bit too fast at the beginning of the cd. I would love to see the book on audible audio. It is the type of information you want to hear repeatedly. I love how in the book the author encapsulates the main points at the end of each chapter. All of his ways of wording this wisdom have sticking power! That is crucial to making it work in real life. Thank you for your service!
on January 13, 2017
Kept hearing so many people saying great things about this book. A few good tidbits but to me most of the info is just repeated over and over said in different ways and plain common sense that I'm already doing.
on September 12, 2016
Great information, but it's repeated over and over and over. I couldn't even finish it. HOWEVER, the concept of the book ROCKS. It's very good. You just don't need a whole book to get it.
on September 6, 2017
This is a VERY GOOD book; a great personal enrichment book that drives home the point we are in control of our future and the choices we make and the consistent work we put in determine the outcome of our lives .
on July 20, 2014
This is a simple book with an outstanding message about the importance of each day. Every single day matters for our success. It's just as easy to do the things you need to do as it is NOT to do the things you need to do to succeed. I enjoyed it so much that I sent it to my coaching clients too. Fantastic! “Successful people do what unsuccessful people are not willing to do."
4 helpful votes
5 helpful votes
on January 20, 2017
We've all read reviews that claim "...this book changed my life." I know I have. However, after I'd purchase the "life changing" book my life remained remarkably the same. That was not the case with The Slight Edge. This book is absolute solid gold. The style is engaging, the philosophy simple and doable. Jeff Olson has created a gem with this book. It is so simple , yet it is profound. I ABSOLUTELY LOVE this book. I have put the principles into practice in my own life. I am working out consistently, making strides towards a massive career change, socking money away like a miser, and essentially enjoying my life more since reading The Slight Edge...OMG...I just realized... this book changed my life!!!!
I can not say enough good things about the Slight Edge. I give it my highest recommendation.
4 helpful votes
5 helpful votes
on September 21, 2012
If you're wondering if these reviews are real just like I was before buying the book, the answer is YES! This book has been out since 2005 so the reviews on Amazon are just a very small percentage of the overwhelming positive reviews for this book. The first 5 pages of the book highlights amazing testimonials for what this book did for many people's lives. And now soon enough, including mine.

I'm only on chapter 3 of the book, as of writing this, but already I was so glad I bought this book. Now all the other how-to courses I bought and read long time ago in the areas of business, marketing, health, wealth, and relationships can finally be properly applied for success, all thanks to this book.

There's a little sadness in me wishing someone had explained to me when I was in my 20's the principles of success outlined in this book. I didn't realize that I was applying the Slight Edge principle on and off through out my life accidentally instead of deliberately. Well, I will not be doing that accidentally anymore; from this point forward it is all deliberate application.

Buy this book, if you want and desire more out of life.
on August 22, 2012
I have always told my class this; but never so elegantly as he puts it in the book.

There are long reviews and so I will give the short one:

Two concepts basically:

to quote Jim Rohn who inspired the book:

"Success is nothing more than a few simple disciplines, practiced everyday." And that is what this book is about: success is doing things that are simple to do, the only problem is, these things are simple to do, but they are also simple NOT TO DO. The slight edge decision, compounded over time, makes a drastic difference.

In order to succeed, you have to "Master the Mundane". The seemingly trivial mundane daily tasks repeated over and over again, compounds.

Success is not revolutionary; it is evolutionary, one mundane disciplined task at a time. When you repeat the mundane task with the slight edge in your favor, then you have called upon the most powerful force in the world; compound interest. Your life is a compound interest; it can work for you or against you.

"I know not what the 7 wonders of the world are, but I know the 8th is compound interest" (Baron Rothchild)

Should be on the bookshelf of everybody who wants to succeed. It should sit right between "Think and Grow Rich" and "The Richest Man in Babylon". It is on my shelf.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

This should be required reading. I give this book as graduation gifts to everybody.

Advice: Read the book with a highlighter.
on December 30, 2013
I read the original "The Slight Edge Philosophy" in 2007. It sent me on the path to a new career and a different way of looking at my life and business accomplishments. Six years later I am a business owner and entrepreneur. I ordered the second addition of this book to give away at my sales seminars. I truly believe in the philosophies described...so much so I gift it to my clients and have gifted it to inner city teens as a mentor. The Slight Edge teaches that by doing one thing...only one thing, that your competition doesn't do on a regular basis, can result in a huge increase in productivity and life. Buy this book...Change your life!
3 helpful votes