Bubble Witch Saga 3 Industrial Deals HPC Oprah's Book Club Red Shoes We Love nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Ricky Martin All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Gift Shop Home and Garden Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon MMM MMM MMM  Three new members of the Echo family Fire 7 Kids Edition, starting at $99.99 Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop now TG18PP_gno

on March 27, 2013
I bought this Kindle copy to lose weight. Instead of buying a food supplement that replaces a meal, I thought this recipe book would be better. It has been a couple of days and I already lost 5 pounds. The book is more than a recipe book. For example the introduction educates the reader how you can cure many ailments with a fruit and vegetable smoothie. I had no idea that these drinks could help with anti-aging, diabetes control, healthy skin, satisfy as a meal replacement and help out with weigh loss. I didn't even know what a smoothie was, until I read this book. They go into when the best time to have one of these drinks would be - breakfast. My favorite drinks were the pumpkin and strawberry banana smoothies. Instead of using milk, I can substitute almond milk or bananas. The other thing about the book is that it has a good and bad section on the drinks you are making. I'll enjoy this for some time to come.
0Comment| 165 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on May 2, 2013
I originally purchased this book because I enjoy drinking smoothies as a post workout recovery drink and I needed some new ideas. Wow, was I impressed. There are so many recipes and every recipe I have tried is DELICIOUS. They creatively combine fruits and vegetables to maximize nutrition and flavor. “Super Berry Freshee” and”Fruity Vitality Smoothie” are my personal favorites. Yum!

I appreciate that this book took the time to explain the nutritional benefits of each drink. Each chapter is dedicated to a certain health benefit like “Cleansing”, “Anti-aging”, and “High-Energy”. The authors thoughtfully explain how each ingredient will provide the designated health benefits. They even go the extra mile to spell out what exactly an anti-oxidant is and why they are so important.

I love the fact that there is an entire chapter dedicated to smoothies for kids. And the recipes are all really easy to make. If you have a blender and some fruits and vegetables you are ready to go.

This book would make a great gift. There is truly something for everyone. Whether you are a healthy eater looking for new ideas or someone who is starting a new diet, this book will inspire you to eat well. I can't wait to try every recipe!
on January 20, 2018
Not my thing. I was hoping for recipes, simple ones, with fruit, milk or yogurt. Not including a cucumber, which many have.
on January 11, 2018
great
on February 22, 2018
So many yummy recipes. I look forward to getting healthy with these
on February 20, 2018
There's no nutricial facts or pictures..I wanted to like the book. But just couldn't. I am giving this book to a friend who loves cucumber.
on December 11, 2015
For a first time juicer / smoothie person, this is not too bad of a little book. However, there are some details that have been left out that would greatly help with people (like me) who are using these recipes for health reasons. 1: There is no nutritional information for any of the recipes: no calories listed or even serving suggestions. Though the recipes state how many cups the recipes provide, non say how much is a serving. For those of us who are watching calories or other nutritional values such as protein and so forth, having a nutritional list would be beneficial. 2: It would also be helpful if there was a list of substitutions for certain ingredients (such as the honey and dairy) for people who are diabetic / lactose intolerant. Some recipes call for honey, but agave nectar is lower on the glycemic index and much easier for all bodies to digest. Common sense would provide a person the ability to substitute on their own, but some people do not know there are also healthier substitutions available. :) Otherwise, this is a great little book.
on February 9, 2018
great!
on September 16, 2014
I have purchased this for my ipad, I love how we can download and have anywhere anytime. The cost was inexpensive too. I have made a few standard smoothies from the book and have had great end results.
on December 1, 2014
Love this book! I have several smoothie recipe books, and this one has some of the best I've tried. I particularly like "The Hangover Juice" (lol!) and the "Banana Berry Wake-Up Call". Mmmm...