Hill Climb Racing 2 Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month Shop new men's suiting nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited Get 10% cashback on thousands of musical instruments with your Amazon.com Store Credit Card Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Transparent Transparent Transparent  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held GNO Tailgating STEMClubToys17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 261 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 279 reviews
on March 26, 2013
The Smoothie Recipe Book: 150 Smoothie Recipes serves as a great reference for those who are just beginning to explore the world of smoothie-making. Sure, we've all had a smoothie joint whip something up for us on the run, but this book teaches us the intricacies of what goes into making a truly healthy smoothie, as well as what ingredients will be most beneficial. The author breaks it down into sections based on desired outcomes. There are smoothies for breakfast, anti-aging, energy, cleansing, protein, weight-loss, and many more! There are even recipes that cater to diabetics and kids!

I found myself itching to try several of the recipes, most of which came from the section for brain nourishment. The Mental Monkey Wrench is one that I am dying to try, and all I'll need to have handy are a blender, some green grapes, a couple of kiwis, and a banana! When reading about the infamous "green smoothies", I was very surprised that so many of them actually sounded rather tasty. I've always been afraid of green smoothies, as it has always seemed to me that they were made from all kinds of grasses and whatnot, and the one time I tried one, it was definitely not for me. However, now that I know more about the definition of a green smoothie, as well as the multitude of ingredients, I am definitely open to giving them another shot!

One of the great things about this book is that it teaches the reader about the pros and cons of many of the individual ingredients, and encourages experimentation, adding, subtracting, and substituting various elements. The introduction to each section discusses the needs that we face on a daily basis and what is going on inside our bodies that we need to alter in order to meet those needs.

I would highly recommend this book to anyone who simply enjoys a good smoothie!
0Comment| 104 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on September 24, 2015
if you like juicing with lots of strange ingredients this is for you. if you like yogurt based or juice based smoothies (think Jamba juice), then this book is not for you. I never have the ingredients required
on December 27, 2016
Nice book at a reasonable price , easy to read . Recipes are easy to follow and easy to make.
on August 26, 2013
The recipes I have tried are fine and taste good but I find that almost every recipe will have at least one ingredient that is just not something I would have on hand. Therefore, I do not use it as much as I thought I would or would like to.
on March 24, 2017
Best smoothie book!!!! Love it and recipes you can follow easy and get creative with adding and omitting.
on August 17, 2017
Great product
on July 18, 2013
This is an ok smoothie book. There are lots of recipes that contain vegetables rather than just mostly fruit which is nice. She uses sweet potatoes in quite a few. I didn't see where she said to use them raw or cooked. I am not sure how digestible they are raw. There is no nutritional or calorie counts for the drinks. I really like to use frozen fruits in mine to make them thicker and colder, I didn't see many where she does this.
on December 11, 2015
For a first time juicer / smoothie person, this is not too bad of a little book. However, there are some details that have been left out that would greatly help with people (like me) who are using these recipes for health reasons. 1: There is no nutritional information for any of the recipes: no calories listed or even serving suggestions. Though the recipes state how many cups the recipes provide, non say how much is a serving. For those of us who are watching calories or other nutritional values such as protein and so forth, having a nutritional list would be beneficial. 2: It would also be helpful if there was a list of substitutions for certain ingredients (such as the honey and dairy) for people who are diabetic / lactose intolerant. Some recipes call for honey, but agave nectar is lower on the glycemic index and much easier for all bodies to digest. Common sense would provide a person the ability to substitute on their own, but some people do not know there are also healthier substitutions available. :) Otherwise, this is a great little book.
on September 21, 2017