Industrial Deals Beauty Oprah's Book Club STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Shop Popular Services TheTick TheTick TheTick  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire HD 8 Kids Edition, starting at $129.99 Kindle Oasis GNO Water Sports toystl17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 258 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 276 reviews
on March 27, 2013
I bought this Kindle copy to lose weight. Instead of buying a food supplement that replaces a meal, I thought this recipe book would be better. It has been a couple of days and I already lost 5 pounds. The book is more than a recipe book. For example the introduction educates the reader how you can cure many ailments with a fruit and vegetable smoothie. I had no idea that these drinks could help with anti-aging, diabetes control, healthy skin, satisfy as a meal replacement and help out with weigh loss. I didn't even know what a smoothie was, until I read this book. They go into when the best time to have one of these drinks would be - breakfast. My favorite drinks were the pumpkin and strawberry banana smoothies. Instead of using milk, I can substitute almond milk or bananas. The other thing about the book is that it has a good and bad section on the drinks you are making. I'll enjoy this for some time to come.
0Comment| 163 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on April 11, 2013
The use of fresh fruits and vegetables to promote good health is nothing new. Top clinics including Gerson incorporate raw fruits and vegetables into their treatment regimens. We're not talking the kind of spa where people go to drop a few pounds, although those places use fresh produce to help people tone and revitalize the body. Instead we're talking about places where major health intervention occurs through proper biotic nutrition.

Fresh, raw fruits and vegetables are exploding with vitamins and enzymes. Enzymes act as catalysts. They trigger proper chemical processes in the body allowing it to cleanse itself, process vital nutrients, and repair tissue.

With The Smoothie Recipe Book, we have in one-place delicious, invigorating recipes that counteract the effects of fatigue, illness, and processed, high fat diets. Recipes are presented in groups addressing brain nourishment, kid-friendly recipes, cleansing and weight loss, and even diabetes.

With each Smoothie Recipe Book recipe you find the list of ingredients, simple instructions and a short description of the specific benefits of these ingredients. Did you know that pomegranate not only stops cancer but also cleans the teeth?

Get The Smoothie Recipe Book and get blending.
on March 26, 2013
The Smoothie Recipe Book: 150 Smoothie Recipes serves as a great reference for those who are just beginning to explore the world of smoothie-making. Sure, we've all had a smoothie joint whip something up for us on the run, but this book teaches us the intricacies of what goes into making a truly healthy smoothie, as well as what ingredients will be most beneficial. The author breaks it down into sections based on desired outcomes. There are smoothies for breakfast, anti-aging, energy, cleansing, protein, weight-loss, and many more! There are even recipes that cater to diabetics and kids!

I found myself itching to try several of the recipes, most of which came from the section for brain nourishment. The Mental Monkey Wrench is one that I am dying to try, and all I'll need to have handy are a blender, some green grapes, a couple of kiwis, and a banana! When reading about the infamous "green smoothies", I was very surprised that so many of them actually sounded rather tasty. I've always been afraid of green smoothies, as it has always seemed to me that they were made from all kinds of grasses and whatnot, and the one time I tried one, it was definitely not for me. However, now that I know more about the definition of a green smoothie, as well as the multitude of ingredients, I am definitely open to giving them another shot!

One of the great things about this book is that it teaches the reader about the pros and cons of many of the individual ingredients, and encourages experimentation, adding, subtracting, and substituting various elements. The introduction to each section discusses the needs that we face on a daily basis and what is going on inside our bodies that we need to alter in order to meet those needs.

I would highly recommend this book to anyone who simply enjoys a good smoothie!
0Comment| 104 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on July 24, 2013
My sister raved about this book--she's the reason I bought it or know anything about the book. Thanks sister. I like this book. It's very imformative and it 'gives you the dish' on the particular ingredients contained in each smoothie. For example, it gives you the good and bad sides of eating plums. This book has chapters on different types of smoothies like there's a chapter dedicated to breakfast smoothies, a chapter on smoothies that nourish the brain and a chapter on cleansing smoothies and there are many, many more; 15 chapters in all. I really like that the book contains recipes for fruit smoothies as well as vegetable smoothies. I recommend the book. I've not made many of the smoothies...yet, but I plan to. I'm sure that I will eventually fall in love with this book just as my sister has.
on April 18, 2013
Glancing at the table of contents, before even reading the recipes, I liked how the book was organized into chapters based on the health benefits of the smoothies - from anti-aging to kid-friendly - this book seems to have it all! Even the sweet, fruity smoothies often include at least one vegetable, such as cucumber, carrot, or avocado. Some even contain veggies I never thought I would put in a smoothie, like brussell sprouts fennel, but `to each his own,' I suppose. Nearly all the recipes call for fresh fruit/veggies (not frozen) and no ice, so the smoothies won't necessarily come out cold unless you chill/freeze the fruit first. I would recommend freezing the fruit before blending - it will give the smoothie a thicker texture - but you may have to adjust the recipe a bit if you freeze. I like that the book provides in depth information about the pros (and cons!) of specific fruits/veggies. To top it all off, the recipe names are full of great puns - a huge plus if you enjoy a good pun in the morning like I do.
on September 24, 2015
if you like juicing with lots of strange ingredients this is for you. if you like yogurt based or juice based smoothies (think Jamba juice), then this book is not for you. I never have the ingredients required
on April 5, 2013
At first I was a little leery about this book dedicated entirely to smoothies (I can't really remember the last time I even wanted a smoothie) I actually really enjoyed this book of recipes, and even tried a few in place of snacks like chips and ice cream. They were very tasty, and way better than I expected, especially considering that a good amount of them had a few fruits and vegetables that I'm not too fond of. I also liked the fact that this book actually taught me a few things about nutrition and my health, and it was explained in a way that made sense to me. I will definitely be referring back to this book, both for the recipes, and the health information, and I would also recommend this book to anyone trying to live a healthier lifestyle.
on February 7, 2015
We are relative beginners to the "blending revolution". We are really happy with this book after comparing to several others at the store and in the library. It has a lot of valuable information (without overload) and innovative recipes with easy to find ingredients. We have tweaked some recipes to suit our tastes, but for us, that's part of the fun. If you're looking for a companion to your newly-purchased blender, this is for you.
on March 25, 2013
The "Smoothie Recipe Book; 150 Smoothie Recipes" provides plenty of smoothie recipes - from all fruit to really tasty combinations of fruit and veg, including potato smoothies! The recipes are conveniently organized according to their health benefits and provide "easily digested" bits of information scattered throughout the recipes on the benefits of the individual ingredients.

Covering everything from smoothies to nourish your brain to smoothies to help your digestion, as well as a kid friendly section, what I really like about this book is that it does not overwhelm you with scientific info and the info it does provide is actually accurate (which is not always the case). For example, there is a lot of hype about "alkalizing" diets that affect your blood pH. This book correctly states that there is little one can ingest that will change your blood pH but that the benefit of such diets is to other fluids and systems in the body. In the diabetic smoothie section it even wisely suggests you check with your doctor first as some smoothies contain a lot of sugar.

A healthy recipe book with accurate information is really a hard thing to find. Looking forward to trying lots of these recipes!
on May 2, 2013
I originally purchased this book because I enjoy drinking smoothies as a post workout recovery drink and I needed some new ideas. Wow, was I impressed. There are so many recipes and every recipe I have tried is DELICIOUS. They creatively combine fruits and vegetables to maximize nutrition and flavor. “Super Berry Freshee” and”Fruity Vitality Smoothie” are my personal favorites. Yum!

I appreciate that this book took the time to explain the nutritional benefits of each drink. Each chapter is dedicated to a certain health benefit like “Cleansing”, “Anti-aging”, and “High-Energy”. The authors thoughtfully explain how each ingredient will provide the designated health benefits. They even go the extra mile to spell out what exactly an anti-oxidant is and why they are so important.

I love the fact that there is an entire chapter dedicated to smoothies for kids. And the recipes are all really easy to make. If you have a blender and some fruits and vegetables you are ready to go.

This book would make a great gift. There is truly something for everyone. Whether you are a healthy eater looking for new ideas or someone who is starting a new diet, this book will inspire you to eat well. I can't wait to try every recipe!