Top critical review
2 people found this helpful
A review from Zombiefans!
on January 21, 2008
Jerry Springer with zombies!!
1) ACTING: As always with a lot of indie flicks, the acting is usually hit or miss. For the most part, the leads in this movie were really good in their parts and there really wasn't anyone that seemed out of place, or distracting to the viewer. And Matool needs his own movie series!
2) PRODUCTION: This was surprisingly good. Especially the zombies, which was nice. Normally, indie movie zombies consist of white face / dark eyes, with little to no facial applications, to almost regular looking skin tones with lots of fake blood, and no facial applicaiotns. Here, attention (and, obviously a good chunk of the budget) was spent on the zombies' make up and appearances. As far as low budget indies go, this one was pretty good. The script was tight (except for the "quick! Let's tie up all the loose ends!" at the movie's end), the subject matter--never seen before in a zombie movie, and the filming, editing, and soundtrack were okay as well.
3) ZOMBIES: Other than the appearance of "hyper-zombies," (think Snyder's DotD remake) nothing really new was brought to the zombie genre, and they did what most zombies usually do! (Except for some zombie-sex, but you'll have to see that for yourself!)
4) THE CAUSE: Not mentioned.
5) NUDITY: A movie about swingers with no nudity? C'mon!!
Not bad, not bad at all...this is how low budget indies should be done. This was a fun little romp into "alternative lifestyles" land, with zombies brought along for the ride. I think that the production team really got the most out of their minimal budget. Many homages to other movies fill this movie, and I feel, add to the fun of it all. This could've easily been another "zombies attack a small town" movie that has ben done too many times before. The originality of this movie help it stand out in the crowded low budget zombie movie section that fills up the shelves at your local video / DVD rental store.
RATING: 3 out of 5