Industrial Deals HPC Best Books of the Year Holiday Dress Guide nav_sap_hiltonhonors_launch For a limited time. 3 months for $0.99. Amazon Music Unlimited. New subscribers only. Terms and conditions apply. Electronics Gift Guide $54.99 for a limited time only Try it first with samples Handmade Gift Shop Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon MMM MMM MMM  Echo Devices starting at $29.99 Save $30 on All-New Fire HD 8. Limited-time offer. $20 off Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop Now HTL17_gno

on July 27, 2016
To date I've read everything Robert Greene has in print and, much to my surprise, this turned out to be the most useful volume of all. Greene's other books were immensely helpful for clearing my head of cobwebs since, along with everyone else, I'm forced to negotiate our brave new world of cutthroat tactics and social Darwinists, while trying to keep a roof over my head. Without going into detail, let me simply say The 33 Strategies of War taught me exactly what I needed to know in order to adequately discourage the bullying I have had to endure at work for the past three years. Until I can find another job -- not all wars are winnable -- I can now keep this workplace vampire's demeaning behaviors in check. I recommend all of Greene's books, but this one may well be the best investment of the lot.
0Comment| 44 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on April 4, 2016
An excellent read especially if you're a fan of Robert Greene's writing style. You can expect detailed historical accounts of military strategy and how you can incorporate their lessons into everyday life.
on August 10, 2013
This is not your typical self help book. I have purchased more books and audiobooks then I care to recall and found them all to have a lot of fluff for lack of a better word. In contrast this author has many ideas, explains the reasoning behind them, and examples of how they could be applied in everyday life. I strongly recommend this book because unlike all the others who make grand statements but provide little if any direction to achieve the goal, this book helps the reader apply the principals in real-time.
on June 9, 2017
Awesome. This is what I needed. Perfect if you have a highly political work environment.
on April 1, 2015
This edition is great--succinct. I like it because I can take it anywhere discreetly. The only criticism I have is that it is just a wee bit smaller than I would like--but I can certainly live with this given the great job done on the information in this edition. I ordered the other two after I got this.
on August 11, 2016
Another great read from Robert Greene, but different content than 48 Laws of Power and Art of Seduction. Definitely focuses more on war battles heavily throughout, with some ties to how to use the strategies in every day life. Wish there were more of those ties. Still a great read though.
on October 9, 2017
One of the most important books of our time!
on October 17, 2017
A very well written book with an abundance of diverse sources. I honestly bought the book on a whim. I couldnt have imagined how much i would enjoy it. A very great book
on October 17, 2006
Military collected more genuine intellects and risk thinkers than most if not all other professions ... and Robert Greene puts his vast knowledge of military hitory knowledge and insights into this outstanding book. He combines in a unique way strategy, philosophy and history.

The book is comprised into five parts;
I) SELF-DIRECTED WARFARE
II) ORGANIZATIONAL (TEAM) WARFARE
III) DEFENSIVE WARFARE
IV) OFFENSIVE WARFARE
V) UNCONVENTIONAL (DIRTY) WARFARE

The first part, SELF-DIRECTED WARFARE, is absolutely mind-blowing! Greene starts the book as only very few can match. We read how the greatest generals in history saw the limits of knowledge, experience and theory and how brilliantly the great philosopher of war Carl von Clausewitz summarized those ideas. The importance of having no principles by Napoleon and how to wage war on your mind. We learn from the Samurai times why we are our own worst enemy, the illusion of limitless time and a consequent lack of reality that faces us all.

A fantastic read on military strategy and wisdom.
on July 6, 2017