Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: The Studio Book
Amazon Vehicles Back to School Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Songs of Summer Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Snacks Totes Amazon Cash Back Offer TheKicks TheKicks TheKicks  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Florida Georgia Line Shop Now

on February 6, 2007
Caveat emptor. A very interesting and well done book that gives an interesting perspective on numerous artists, their studios and the designers of the studios. However, if you have an interest in studios not located in California, you like I will be quite disappointed. Apparently the "sun and sea" reference in the publishers description is supposed to indicate that the studios are all in California and is not just a metaphor. This omission is personally significant enough that for the first time I am returning a book to Amazon as I would not have bought it had it been accurately described.
on June 6, 2010
I love this book for the wonderful, inspiring photos and interesting text. I live on the East Coast, and the fact that the studios are in California doesn't detract from its value at all. It was fascinating to see how other artists set up their studios, and I came away with some great ideas.
on March 21, 2008
I like this book for its photographic essay anthology on artists and their workplaces - I'm glad I made the right choice of buying it because I needed a full-term book on the subject! Everyone should consider it for their libraries as well as I did!