Bubble Witch Saga 3 Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_hiltonhonors_launch Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited Trade in. Get paid. Go shopping. Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Transparent Transparent Transparent  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Wonder Woman now available on Blu-ray, 3D, and 4K Tailgating STEMClubToys17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 10 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 22 reviews
on November 20, 2015
I purchased this book for my Sufism class and the books seems well-written. The author does a good job with the translation and explains the Sufi's beautifully. I don't think it's the best book you can purchase to start learning about Sufism, but is still a good source of knowledge. If you are looking into Sufism on your own I would recommend Sufism by Ernst as a good starting point.
on August 4, 2012
After studying the Sufis for almost 40 years I came upon this book and found it to be incredibly illuminating. It is a MUST for the sincere seeker and for those wishing to understand the Sufi path.I can't thank the author enough and must add all his books are of the same excellent quality.
Blessings Be Upon Him
on August 30, 2016
I find this collection and translation to be an extremely valuable and reliable resource at a time when so many of Rumi's mistranslations are being shared. I use this book and highly recommend it to everyone including my students in the In The Footprints of Rumi [...] course that I teach both live and online. This work is a labor of LOVE!
on October 11, 2015
This is the book I've been searching for and didn't know it existed! Love it, and can't put it down. It will definitely be a book to re-read and reference many times over.
on May 21, 2013
I am anxious to go further with reading this fascinating book and at the same time I am having a hard time turning the pages. I regret having to leave one page behind. The joy of reading these passages persists even when read numerous times.
At this time I am on Chapter D,(MAN), and I would like to say to Mr. William Chittick in his own words that "THE HIDDEN TREASURE IS BEAUTIFULLY MANIFESTED IN YOUR WORK".
The esoteric knowledge of Allah is hard to understand, but even harder to relate and make known to others. This task is not possible unless one has reached the purity of the mirror that reflects "The Light" shinning onto him. In my opinion Mr. Chittick has been very successful in translating, as well as interpreting the wisdom that lies within Molana's poems.
on October 21, 2016
A good book more literal translation than C Barks (more poetic )but very good .
on February 18, 2016
This is by far one of the best books on the work of Rumi...
on June 10, 2015
A GREAT BOOK.
on September 9, 2014
great book
on November 26, 2013
I bought this book for a friend. Since I am a Christian, I cannot really accept anything this book has to say ! I think this book would be a great aid for Hollywood writers to put a movie script together.
22 comments|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse