Shop Auto Winter Products Beauty Best Books of the Year Black Friday Deals Week nav_sap_hiltonhonors_launch For a limited time. 3 months for $0.99. Amazon Music Unlimited. New subscribers only. Terms and conditions apply. Electronics Gift Guide Starting at $39.99 Try it first with samples Handmade Gift Shop Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Prime member deal on Amazon Video: 50% off select Pixar movie rentals Prime member deal on Amazon Video: 50% off select Pixar movie rentals Prime member deal on Amazon Video: 50% off select Pixar movie rentals  Three new members of the Echo family Save $50 on All-New Fire HD 10. Limited-time offer. $30 off Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop now HTL17_gno

Customer reviews

on May 15, 2008
I thank God for this book. It's practical and hands-on. It's a must-have for anyone who is ignorant of funeral planning, personal finances and wills. Most of us are in at least one of these groups. I was in two before I read this book.
3 helpful votes
4 helpful votes
on June 22, 2010
Thank you for this very informative book. With the sudden passing of my husband at an early age this book has been very helpful for me and has given me a little peace of mind with everything that needs to done when a spouse dies. I will be purchasing more for other family members who should just have the book on hand because I had to start from scratch and didn't know anything.
on April 15, 2014
Bought this for an old friend who had just lost her husband! She thanked me very much for it. It proved to be very beneficial for her to use during this extremely hard time. Thanks
on September 14, 2015
A must buy for storing in bank safety deposit box for whenever.....
on May 9, 2012
A straight forward book. Helpful hints and itemized to do list. I recommend further reading of other books: the Widow's Financial survival guide by Nancy Dunnan is very detailed , well written book; if needing help with probate and estate , read The Executor's handbook by Theodure E. Hughes- you'll have deeper understanding of the probate process and rule.
3 helpful votes
on April 30, 2015
Mr Colgan has provided a truly meaningful guide for survivors.
on December 10, 2014
Good reference.
on May 17, 2009
Mr. Colgan's book is essential in helping to plan your legacy. Should be required right along with wills, power-of-attorneys and health care proxies.
on October 24, 2008
When my dear husband Larry died tragically in June 2008 my whole world turned upside down, emotionally, physically,financially,and legally. Long story short my brother found this book and it has been a Godsend.It made me take a deep breath and slow down my racing heart.I found hope and information I needed so desparately to organize my life.When you are so overwhelmed with grief you tend to rush around and do things too quickly,or hibernate and do nothing at all. This book is an easy read,to the point,and has many helpful resources. Mark Colgan is wise and intuitive and his love and compassion to help others comes through in his book.This book should be on your Holiday wish and giving list!
5 helpful votes
6 helpful votes
on June 5, 2003
How would you hendle the death of a loved one? For me, until I read this book, I wouldn't have had a clue! I think this book makes sense for anyone who is going through the financial transition that death brings to survivors but also to anyone who wants to be prepared for the event. Think about it...we will all eventually have to face this, why not be prepared? This book covers more details than I would have thought of, and I work in the financial industry. I think a major plus to this book is that is gives definitions, addresses, phone numbers, web addresses, etc... of all the things and places you will need to know about. I would highly recommed this publication.
6 helpful votes