Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Shop Popular Services TheTick TheTick TheTick  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire HD 8 Kids Edition, starting at $129.99 Kindle Oasis Trade it in. Fund the next. Water Sports toystl17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 21 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 36 reviews
on June 23, 2016
In "The Tao of Abundance" author Boldt presents a thoughtful and compelling overview of philosophical principles to help guide one in experiencing a greater sense of abundance in life. He introduces the first principle of Unity in the Tao as involving trust in the universal intelligence inherent in life and its processes and in the interconnectedness of things and ideas in world governed by change or the interplay of yin and yang, and discusses how that contrasts with our society's emphasis on ego and a culture of lack and constant striving for material acquisition of goods and private property; this principle encompasses and is fostered by the other principles that follow, including Tao Nature or Receptivity, Ease or Effortless Action, Flow or Circulation, Power or Following Your Nature, Harmony of Yin/Yang polarities and its relation to synchronicity, Leisure (to be, to grow, and to relate with immediate others and the community), and Beauty as revealed in life's "organic patterns" of wholeness, harmony, and rhythm.

It's not a discussion of how to get rich quick, but of an overall philosophy of life that can enhance one's sense of inner wealth and prosperity. The book features fascinating discussions throughout and is well worth an investment. The appendix workbook may be useful for people in exploring their attitudes about money and wealth and ways to foster a greater sense of abundance. If your not so receptive to the workbook, I would think it ultimately more beneficial to meditate on these principles and take them to heart.
I am currently re-reading this wonderful book after having first read it in 2004. I am a Tai Chi/ Qi Gong teacher and also give classes on the Tao Te Ching and I am newly struck by how lucid and powerful "The Tao of Abundance" is. In fact, it is for me, one of the very best books written on Taoist philosophy and one that I would highly recommend. This is not a "get rich quick" book, but one that expounds Taoist philosophy so that people can be receptive to the natural state of abundance that is always present. If your a fan of the Tao Te Ching, get this book and enjoy!!
on October 1, 2014
This is one of the most helpful books I have ever read. I keep it close by and re-read sections whenever the spirit moves me. Very well written and very enlightening. This book is not about making money. It's about how to live your life with a feeling of abundance of all things, material and non-material. Being one with the Universe and going with the cycles of nature are the keys to living an abundant life. Boldt explains it so well.
on January 17, 2016
Tao of Abundance
A Timeless 'Life' Reference guide.
This enduring inspirational book continually helps the reader to evaluate life and the choices we all face for any age and any era.
This books speaks to every age and stage of life. It is a book I return to time and time again for wisdom, knowledge and inspiration.
on July 29, 2015
Forget just trying to figure out the concept of the Tao. This book shines light on our current perspectives and how we should try and change our views. We need to really step back and look at ourselves and the world around us. This book is insightful and informative. Abundance is way more than material wealth, if you want to why; read this book.
on March 17, 2014
After reading ZEN AND THE ART OF MAKING A LIVING, I decided it was one of the most important books of our time, if not all time. I just finished THE TAO OF ABUNDANCE. Boldt has surpassed himself. Should be required reading for all humans.
on November 25, 2016
NOT what the description stated and I gave it to Goodwill the next day after recieving it.
on April 28, 2017
Top 3 all time books
on December 16, 1999
Having read many books on Eastern thought, I am often disappointed with new books that are either too esoteric to be of use in my day to day life, or are simple collections of aphorisms aimed at readers with short attention spans. I am happy to say that this book is neither. The author gives a very brief but clear explanation of Taoist belief, and relates it to the struggles faced by all who live in our consumer society. He also distinguishes Taoist beliefs from other traditions such as Christian and Buddhist. A very enjoyable and informative read!
on May 13, 2014
Understanding the principles taught in this book will change the way you think, and subsequently the way you live in the world. Balanced understanding and application lead to inner joy and peace.