Industrial Deals Beauty Summer Reading STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Shop Shop Popular Services _fof _fof _fof  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire HD 8 Kids Edition, starting at $129.99 Kindle Oasis Shop Now toystl17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 18 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 29 reviews
on July 12, 2015
Have read several times, first time after reading the African Genis, and while never accepted as scholorly research, the contempories at the top of the fields were interviewed like Professor Dart, in the general direction of research of animal collective instictive behavior, humans included, it was a unique position to read about. Mostly for me as the anti-darwin nay-sayers of course attacked a journalist questioning of the leaders in the field narrative to write a book of spectulation\! But to a novice it was a gift, not simple, but questions and answers done by a journalists, answering for orginary people. Both books were the best, even today for a basic perspective, in starting a persons exploration in these fields, at least in this 69 year old veterans opinion.
on September 8, 2015
Ardrey is articulate and insightful . I was amazed at how his insights so well reflect today. I had read this book in the 60's and the retread was even more enlightening.
on May 11, 2016
A most intriguing analysis of who ... and what ... we are, and what makes us "tick" ... with a most endearing style of writing yet a most precisely scientific approach.
on May 7, 2009
In a lifetime of reading only a few books have challenged, enlightened and stirred up my brain cells as effectively as Robert Ardrey's The Territorial Imperative.The Territorial Imperative: A Personal Inquiry into the Animal Origins of Property and Nations (Kodansha Globe)
With skill and humor Ardrey leads us through terrain which is very serious indeed: the orgins of human behavior. If we ignore or are unaware of our behavioral links to the animal kingdom we miss one of the more profound understandings of what it means to be human.

Through his observation of animals the author demonstrates the three absolute needs required, not only by animals and their communities, but required as well by us as individuals and as community members. The three are identity, stimulation and secuity. For me,Ardrey's case is persuasive and I shall always consider this work a classic. I hope many others will as well.
on December 3, 2015
I like it a lot. Well written book, which gives you many opportunities to look at life from different angles.
on April 14, 2014
Very interesting in it's exploration of the concept of territory as it appears in animal behavior. I've only read a little over half of this book, which so far has covered animals rather than humans.
on August 4, 2016
Great book! I enjoyed reading it and love some of the author's insights.
on August 27, 2014
Insight into the human condition -- humanity explored in depth.
on February 20, 2014
Very well thought out concept. Bob Ardrey's line of argument is very convincing and cogent. Jonathan Gerson LMHC I would highly recommend it for thinkers defending ownership as an evolutionary concept and inheritance.
on August 8, 2014
Mr. Ardrey was so far ahead of his time that many of his conclusions, which are fully supported by meticulous observation and documentation, still remain far beyond the understanding of all but a few enlightened individuals.