Industrial Deals HPC Trade in your textbooks Holiday Dress Guide nav_sap_hiltonhonors_launch Ed Sheeran Electronics Gift Guide Limited time offer Handmade Last Minute Gifts Home and Garden Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon JCVJ JCVJ JCVJ  All-new Echo Save $30 on All-New Fire HD 8. Limited-time offer. $20 off Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop Now HTL17_gno

on August 4, 2017
A true classic!
on October 11, 2009
Released in 1964, it was once said that horror films great Boris Karloff owed producer/director Roger Corman,time from the filming of a previous movie and Karloff payed Corman acting in "The Terror" co-starring the then young rookie actor Jack Nicholson as a stranded soldier in Napoleon's invading army in a coastal region of Germany. Co-starring in this thriller are Sandra Knight, Jonathan Haze, Dick Miller and other Corman's regulars. Definitely one of Corman's "B" movies, this film keeps you on the edge of your seat, its atmospheric and a gothic horror classic. This film is definitely on what I call the Roger Corman Hall of Fame, it belongs in the collection of every classic horror movie fan.
on May 1, 2011
The movie is right out lousy, but that's why most people buy it in the first place. As for the bluray, I agree with the other reviewers who claim the picture is too soft and at times even a little blurry. I'm sure a lot of work went in to taking the 35mm elements to the high definition format but I'm honestly not sure the folks who remastered the print for this disk knew what they were doing. There are moments of brilliance here but for the most part its a mixed bag visually. I suppose it beats the crappy dollar store versions we've been accustomed to for the last several decades.

Another complaint of the authoring of this disc is the lack of time coding! To me that seems like such a basic thing, especially if you are trying to get to a certain moment in the disk, not to mention to see how much longer the movie has to go. But not on this one. This might not be a problem for some viewers but for me I like to know how far in the movie I am while watching.

If you can get this on the cheap. Do do (and I'm talking around $5). If you are already a fan of the film and you can put up with some technical issues, buy it. If you are just a curious observer, rent it.
on April 27, 2011
A brief and to the point review to tell those waiting "Buy this set." The movie has been remastered and has Dolby 5.1. As with "Dementia 13," the company Cultra has delivered the version you have been waiting for on Blu-ray or dvd. Buy it! I have a dvdr of MGM HD version and this looks about the same to me. I will take this set over my homemade dvdr any day. Too bad Sony dragged their heels on this one and all of the rest of the "no brainer" instant sale releases!
on April 7, 2009
I grew up watching HEATHCLIFF after school everyday in the 80's...The theme song itself brings me joy! I wanted to cry wishing I was a kid again (Smile)
I bought this DVD not just for myself but for my kids to learn a little more about the cartoons I watched as a kid. Needless to say all three of my kids love the DVD so much even the tune is so catchy that I overheard my 6 year old humming to the theme song while brushing his teeth before bed...lol.
I recommend this DVD to every parent that have small children in their home. They will love HEATHCLIFF and most of all the theme song.
I just wish the DVD was subtitled or closed captioned for the hearing Impaired since I lost my hearing at 12 years old. I still do remember a little bit of the song though. (Smile)
on November 27, 2012
The movie itself is a classic. The only problem is the dvd portion sticks. The disc surface has bubbles. I bought one close to a year ago from J&R Music and the dvd had the exact bubbles on the surface and sticking. It's not your fault but the company's fault for producing and inspecting what it distributes. I will return it.
on August 27, 2017
Awesome !
on December 12, 2011
This is a low budget flick from the early sixties. I love these movies, nonfans might rate them a two or one star. But I say that cheape horror has it's own rating system that doesn't crossover to a list and other movies. This is probably a three star on that low budget rating system of mine. It's a movie of it's time and the effects were fine for the period. The movie is what it is, a ultra quickie from roger corman and it's fun enough. But the remastering is excellent. THose who complain about a soft image don't see that most of these older movies never had much clarity and this even has lots of stock footage in it. But unlike many a movies which look shredded on blu ray. "little big man" , 'the horse soldiers" and 'rio lobo' , or 'kellys heroes' which has dust and dirt on it. The went frame by frame here and cleaned this movie up, It's been in such a bad state for so many yeats that I could barely watch it. NOw it's in great shape! This needs to be done with all trashed up movies on blu ray. ANd even later movies than this are on blu and look like crap with lines in them. "Time bandits' is one of those. The picture is not so soft nor so crisp because it never was that crisp to begin with. This is from the original master and it's as good as it was back when it first came out.
Of course you get the great Boris Karloff in this one and I would watch anything he was in including 'targets'. I love the guy. Jack nicolson is in here too and he's always good too imo. So hd cinema really did a good clean up. Now if only someone would clean up lots of other movies. Heck even the 70's and nieties has some bad prints on dvd and blu. 'dead alive' and many others. on dvd it's even worse. So for those of us who know this movie and blu rays this is a fine blu ray. Just don't expect a newer type of clarity. This never had that. This is awesome.
on March 30, 2014
I have this in my various collections about 2 dozen times.....but not like this. Looks great....yes theres plenty of DNR, but you carnt make an omlete....audio sounds very good for what it is via DD 5.1 or DD 2.0......worth the upgrade. Chow Chow for Now Now.
on February 22, 2016
I bought a cheaper one first. I won't make that mistake again. This was well worth the extra $.