Amazon Vehicles Beauty STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Shop Home Gift Guide Father's Day Gifts Home Gift Guide Book House Cleaning masterpiece masterpiece masterpiece  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire 7 Kids Edition, starting at $99.99 Kindle Oasis Trade it in. Fund the next. Spring Savings Event on Amazon.com Ellen

Showing 1-10 of 21 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 23 reviews
on January 29, 2014
I've been a Tim Ferriss fan for a long time now. I own all three of his books, and have been a reader of his website for the same duration. Recently I was reading the "Meta-Learning" portion of the Four Hour Chef, taking notes to try and build this style of learning into my own life. That section is incredible, and when I caught glimpse of "The Tim Ferriss Experiment", I thought this could be a great practical learning experience to apply these methods.

The show is cool, for certain. I find Tim to be a very likeable and thoughtful guy. The amount of crap the guy gets for being a hack I think is from people who, from the outset, are looking to be disagreeable anyways. The show is 20 minutes, very fast-paced, and goes right to the point. This, I think, is unfortunately a detriment to the show. Tim spends a week learning drums to play a gig with the band Foreigner (ep 1). And for the amount of compressed work he certainly had to do for the endeavor, I don't think the show highlighted it enough to be reflective of the process. My first suggestion would be to lengthen the show to 40 minutes to give a good, in-depth reveal, to give the audience a chance to connect to the triumphs and tribulations.

A great thing about the show is that Tim is just like the rest of us – he makes mistakes, he has a learning curve like anyone else, and the process isn't this highly precise road map. I think when folks criticize Tim's material, it's because of his achievements that he displays. The written material makes him sound infallible, and the show makes him more personable, human, and relate-able. This I dig.

All in all, I think it's worth splurging on at least one episode. For my purposes – which was to have an actual teacher demonstrate his principles for meta-learning – it really did exactly that. It gave me a human, non-theoretical example of how to put this information to practice.
on November 28, 2013
"If I can do it, you can do it" This statement is like a drug or hormone or something to me.
So much fun to see elements of 4HWW in action. Great to see an author living his words. I want to read the book over and over until I learn everything in it but it is more fun to see this and then go back to the book and see which pieces of the puzzle were used. This definitely goes on the watch every episode list. Now I have something to do while I wait for my muse to find me.
on December 12, 2013
Pretty darn good but too short. Typically car/racing related shows dumb the topic down so much that it is totally useless to someone with more than a basic understanding of the subject. This show did at least make an attempt at covering rally driving skills to some extent even if the 20 minutes or so of allotted time was not sufficient. Would like to see 1 hour for future episodes.
on November 26, 2013
I'm glad to see Tim has a TV show now. Can't wait to see what other skills he learns.

I'd like to see more instructions and less "look at the challenges Tim faces."

Obviously if he has only 20 minutes he has to fill it with as much dramatic tension as possible if he wants people to watch the show, as the goal is entertainment and not tutorial.

Maybe he will release a special torrent for people who actually buy the season that is more "how to" focused.

Anyways congrats on finally getting a TV show

-Chris

On an unrelated note, it makes me really happy that under Tim's show it says "people who watched this also watched Real Genius" with Val Kilmer.
on February 12, 2014
Anyone who is a fan of Tim Ferriss will love the Tim Ferriss experiment! It is entertaining, stimulating and motivates you to learn.
on February 25, 2014
I am a huge fan of Tim Ferris. This episode confirms even more that we can learn anything we want. Turn off the TV and learn!!
on November 27, 2013
In my opinion anything Tim does is illogical but completely logical, so why not learn the drums and join a rock band? Sweet! Against the norm, but he keeps it so simple. I could feel his uneasiness, in his initial encounter with the Master and the drums kit. Great outcome and great video, Thanks Tim!
on December 2, 2013
More please. And isn't that the only review words that matter. That you want to see him do more and more different things. Even things that you have no interest in doing, like playing the drums. But it inspires me to go for the things I like. I am working on Mnemonics with the plan to become a Grandmaster of Memory. Also looks like he going to be doing chess which I like. Hope he does some more on hunting, but he did that for cooking book.
on January 13, 2014
Tim shows you how the bend the rules of Life to get ahead and make it happen.

Lifehacking skills at its best!
on July 26, 2014