Amazon Vehicles Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc PCB DG Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Gifts for Dad Book House Cleaning twinpeaksv2 twinpeaksv2 twinpeaksv2  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire 7 Kids Edition, starting at $99.99 Kindle Oasis Shop Now Ellen

Showing 11-20 of 354 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 455 reviews
on August 20, 2015
This book is full of fun ideas for things to do with your toddler. Their are activities for very young toddlers all the way up to preschoolers and young kids. The activities also range widely in time/ease. Some things you can set up in minutes, while others will take more planning. Some will only last a few minutes, while others may become ongoing projects for days. I really like how throughout the book the author throws out little tips and ideas to make life with a toddler a little more fun. I know I could find ideas like these on Pintrest, but it is nice to have them laid out and completly organized for you. Each activity lists exactly what you need, how to do it/make it, and variations that may suit you better. Definitely worth it.
on May 6, 2014
I am currently an elementary school teacher who will be staying home with my 15 month old son soon. I bought this book to get ideas on how to keep my son busy in a productive way once I leave my job. I read it cover to cover. From an educator's perspective I think this book is great! There are a lot of activities that will help them build their foundational skills (gross and fine motor, numbers, letters, etc). Many are easily adaptable to whatever your needs are. I would say more of them are focused on toddlers a little older than my son, but there are still plenty for one year olds to stay occupied!
on April 3, 2017
Given as a gift and was well received.
on July 19, 2007
Not the best in the world, I am sure, but its not a bad book either. We, as a creative family, keep many of the suggested items on hand (and I would recommend that anyone with small children keep a storage area filled with craft supplies), so it was nice to have some ideas of what to do with my 2 year old. While some of the ideas ARE very basic, sometimes the brain of a frazzled parent needs a jump start, and while you may say "well duh" after reading it, it might not be something you would have thought of right off to begin with.

We have enjoyed lots of activites with this book, and while its not arranged by age groups, parents should be somewhat aware of what their child as an individual will be able to do/enjoy. If you have a two year old who likes to put small objects in their mouth then dont do those activities-its that simple! But the amount of games and ideas are good for a variety of stages in your toddlers development and can be great spur of the moment activities.
on September 1, 2013
Great ideas in this book but since it is the kindle edition a table of content would be extremely helpful- this is the one reason I gave it 3 stars. I am using an Ipad and just realized after writing this review that it has a table of content but nit on the drop down menu which is just in convenient.

I agree with the other reviewers a lot of the ideas take alto of prep and supplies-yes they are reusable items but you have to collect and store these items till you have time to make the projects. If you haven't heard of FREECYCLE that is a great place to try and collect the needed items.

I recommend this book for educators and parents alike.
on July 2, 2012
I bought this book because my 3 year old son is just so active, but we can never think of what to do to get him thinking creatively. I love this book. We got it and realized after thumbing through it we could have done some of this stuff already. We just didn't think about it. It is a little young for his age, but great for giving him simple things to do. He's about 1 year older on his critical thinking, so we may go ahead and get the Busy Book for Preschoolers. But I still plan to keep it for when we have any more kids. We made paper bag puppets just recently, I forgot I had those bags sitting in my pantry going unused. Lots of fun with your little ones like you did when you were a kid!Preschooler's Busy Book: 365 Creative Games & Activities To Occupy 3-6 Year Olds
on May 17, 2015
I needed some creative new educational activities and games to play with my 2 year old. This book is exactly what I was looking for. It's not just homemade play dough, it's silly games that toddlers love-like the color hunt. In color hunt, you put on a certain hat and act like you're on the hunt for different objects either around the house or outside of a certain color. I add in a funny accent. My daughter requests this game about every day. Who knew!
on July 11, 2016
I search websites and the Internet looking for ideas for young children to do. I have an almost two year old who I plan on adding activities for as I homeschool my 2 elementary children. I seen this book and was excited to order it as it has activities already gathered which saves me a lot of time and being a mom of six, time is very valuable to me.

This book is really neat. It tells you things you should buy as well as lists things you should save such as toilet paper rolls. It also gets your wheels turning and gives you inspiration to come up with other ideas on your own.

The book is written well and organized well. The chapters include lots of information with 365 activities for the toddler ( so one for every day of the year, unless of course it is leap year). Although some of these ideas are not original and could be found by hours of searching online. Here it is assembled and organized well into sections. It takes all the work out and also saves the printing costs.

I am glad I purchased this book and know it will come in really handy over the next year.
review image review image review image review image review image
on May 1, 2017
Thanks!
on March 10, 2013
I relied heavily on this book several years ago when I was working in a daycare, and always had it in mind to use when I had children of my own. Sure enough, it's been one of my favorite sources of ideas to use with my fifteen-month-old. He's an especially active young toddler (trust me), so not every idea is a hit with him, but we've still found some well-received, sanity-saving activities on these pages. Additionally, the "Busy Book" has very useful information about organizing the home to make life with a toddler a little easier and more joyful. I wish I had remembered this book sooner, before I wasted hours searching through Pinterest for toddler activities.