Oil month Automotive HPC Spring Reading Introducing Prime Wardrobe nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Unlimited Music. Offline listening. Learn more. PCB for select Bang & Olufsen Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Mother's Day gifts Home and Garden Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Fifty Shades Freed available to buy Fifty Shades Freed available to buy Fifty Shades Freed available to buy  Echo Dot Fire tablets: Designed for entertainment Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop Now SWMTVT18_gno

The Top 100 Zone Foods: The Zone Food Science Ranking System
Format: Mass Market Paperback|Change

on January 31, 2018
This is an old book that I have avoided getting because I was pretty satisfied with my collection of 40 30 30 lifestyle books. My favorites of all time were written by Joyce and Gene daoust. After 10 or 15 years however of using these recipes and in many cases trying to refresh them and reinvent them on my own, I want something new!
Dr. Sears is the man behind it all and I really respect his work so I finally bought this one to add to my arsenal.
I really wish someone would come out with a new and updated 40 30-30 cookbook . I'd like to see one that is carefully written and that really honors dr. Sears work by using mostly low to moderate glycemic carbohydrates in most of the recipes. I don't mind when authors use some high-glycemic choices for a maintenance phase or for recipes designed as an occasional treat. Joyce and Gene Daoust were really great at creating what they called fat flush recipes that were based on low to moderate glycemic index choices. But they also had a maintenance section that included some awesome and delicious recipes that you could use for occasional treats. Some of them required fairly good culinary skills While others didn't require a whole lot of skill at all. I love that balance! A lot of the new cookbooks that are out there are really just pamphlets. Little short Kindle ebooks that have rehashed some very simple recipes if you could call them recipes at all. Some of the so-called recipes tell you to cook an egg and a couple of egg whites in a microwave and add some fruit on the side. Been there, done that. Most of them are little kindle ebooks while others are glorified pamphlets being sold in a traditional book format with little if any new or interesting recipes. I would love to see the Zone diet become renewed in popularity and to see somebody hit that sweet spot again of being able to create a cookbook that offers interesting and delicious recipes that are fairly simple to prepare. I like when there are some kid-friendly recipes but I don't want all the recipes to cater to the kitchen skills and pallet of a five-year-old. I want to see the majority of recipes able to be prepared with affordable ingredients that you can easily find in most regions. I want to see scalable recipes that can be prepared for one or for a family of four or more. Most of all I want the recipes to be delicious and new. Sorry to keep singing the praises of Joyce and Gene daoust, but in one of their books they took a famous restaurant salad and some other restaurant favorites and restructured them to be 40 30 30. That's what I want to see! Healthy and delicious and easy to prepare foods in the 40 30 30 style. I don't want to have to do all the math and try to work out the proportions myself. It takes too long.
I can't say that I'm in love with all of the recipes in The Top 100 Zone Foods but I do like the science and the knowledge behind it and learning about why he rates certain foods the way he does. Some of this information I already knew after many years of following a Zone Diet off and on. But there was new information to learn in this book and there are some recipes that I will probably try. It is chock-full of recipes so you are bound to find something that you like in this book.
on September 26, 2017
Thanks for the great book!
on January 27, 2002
Understanding "The Zone" is one thing. Developing menues, based on "The Zone", is another thing. Thank you, Dr. Sears, for providing so many alternatives for those of us who have neither the imagination nor the time to develop such recipes on our own.
The amount of research necessary to create such a variety of recipes is more than I could possibly do on my own, and greatly enhances the pleasure of being in the zone.
The book,"The Zone", provides a thorough explanation of the concept. This book, which, along with the recipes, contains brief explanations of the "zone" concept along with tables and charts, is an excellent complement to "The Zone", and I recommend it highly.
on July 28, 2015
good info for zone diet and i ordered used
on January 26, 2013
I felt like I was reading The Zone again, all the same chapters are covered pretty much. (why the zone is superior in a nutshell)
That is in no way a bad thing, it's good to be drilled with the right information. You can't flaw Dr.Sears on his methodology, although I do think seeing a Zone physcian is not a bad idea, to help identify activity levels, accurate body fat, lean body mass and an easy to follow version. (What to eat, when)
This book is a great place to start
on September 3, 2013
Worked for me to help realize just what I should and shouldn't be eating. Also helped with how to count calories and food intake.
on March 17, 2013
The doctor is an excellent writer. He explains things anyone can understand. The
understanding is the important part. I don't feel like I just read a book. I feel like I
understand the importance of these foods in our diet.
on March 29, 2016
Great information!
on March 6, 2013
There's some decent recipes in here. Nothing that stood out though or that has become a staple in my kitchen. You can find just as good or better recipes online.
on September 13, 2013
Well written...wish I had found it a few years ago. Plenty to like, to try. These recipes can inspire you to use a wider variety of foods than you might have considered, otherwise.