Hill Climb Racing 2 Vehicles Review HPC Best Books of the Month Red Shoes We Love nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Stream your favorites. Amazon music Unlimited. Learn more. All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Gift Shop Home and Garden Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon TheGrandTour TheGrandTour TheGrandTour  Three new members of the Echo family Fire HD 8, starting at $79.99 Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop now TG18_gno

on October 5, 2007
For the bad news: First, this is a small paperback book -- as in approx 6 x 6 inches. And, disappointingly, there are almost no photographs of the recipes.

For the good news: After going brain-dead trying to come up with more variety for my kids' lunches, I needed inspiration. The recipes in this book are interesting and innovative. Some need a fair amount of preparation, but most are quick to put together.

As with all "healthy" recipe books, there are foods here that no kid would touch, but most of the recipes are sure to be kid-pleasers. If you're wanting to shake up the lunch-box routine, you're sure to find some helpful ideas here. There are some recipes that have even made it into our "quick and easy" dinner rotation.
11 comment| 52 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on October 25, 2013
I bought this book thinking it would help me find fun ways to get my 7 year old to eat her lunch at school. This book actually would be more beneficial for an adult and not kids; however, it ended up helping me with fast healthy lunches.

For a used book it was in exceptional condition and greatly priced, I would definitely buy from this seller and shipping was super fast as well.

AWESOME!!!!!!
on February 9, 2014
I was really looking forward to these ideas, but some of the recipes were a little out there! Would have to buy so many odd ingredients for each recipe, that I never actually made anything. The book was inspiring, but ended up being not helpful.
on June 23, 2008
If your tired of hotdogs and chicken nuggets like we were, and want to start fixing healthy lunches,...this is a very good cookbook. The recipes are very simple, and the food is very healthy. The only downfall I would say is that even though the food is great you may have a hard time with picky eaters. For example I could not get mine to eat Hummus or Tabboule. Thier are a few "wierd" ingredients but most recipes don't require very many ingredients. Btw, I make lunches for my hubby with this book too.
on October 28, 2013
Trying to change our eating habits to a healthier way and this gives plenty of new ideas for a working couple to enjoy lunch but in a healthy way!
on June 18, 2013
We have made a few recipes from this and they are ok. I wish it had more pictures. Hopefully we will like the next ones more.
on September 28, 2014
Okay recipes.
on September 6, 2011
This book has some good ideas for lunchboxes, but I was expecting there to be more pictures. I like to see what I'm going to make before I do it.
on August 5, 2010
As is the case with most, I am desperately trying to find new, nutritious foods for my 1st graders lunch. This book is not for me. I agree the recipes are healthy, but not in line with what my kid will eat. Plus, a lot of the ingredients are not locally available to me.
on May 12, 2016
There is very little in here that my children would actually eat or want in their lunchboxes. I think this should be directed more for adults who are not afraid to be a little adventurous in their eating. My kids might eat chicken strips, but they won't eat satay dip. Amazing that hers will! Hummus is also an acquired taste, and my children don't like it. Roasted aubergine dip and smashed bean and carrot spread? Sounds like a nice beginner for a supper party but I can't see my children eating it at school.The recipes are mostly like this. She's got wraps and food on skewers which are all quite common now. Plus sections on soups and other food that need to be heated.

The rest is pretty conventional. The section on sandwiches and wraps, which you would think should be the most useful, is pretty uninspiring. Sardines and tomato on brown, do I need a recipe for that? Cajun salmon and cucumber roll, is basically canned salmon and cucumbers on a roll with cajun spice, which my kids would never eat. Leaving it out means its just a glorified salmon and mayo sandwich. The chapter on sweet treats seems to be the only section that I might have a go at. I'd like to try the apricot cookies and oat biscuits. These seem kid friendly enough.

What I found surprising is that this is not a full sized book, but rather it is small and square. Had i known, (or read more carefully!) I wouldn't have bought it because I feel these size books generally do not have the quality of a full sized book. I was right for this one. I'm very disappointed with this and wish I hadn't bought it. Wouldn't recommend.