Oil month Automotive Rebound Introducing Prime Wardrobe nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Weekly One PCB for select Bang & Olufsen Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Mother's Day gifts Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Fifty Shades Freed available to buy Fifty Shades Freed available to buy Fifty Shades Freed available to buy  Echo Fire tablets: Designed for entertainment Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop now TG18PP_gno

The Truth About Love
Format: Audio CD|Change

on May 22, 2014
While I'm probably older than the average buyer of P!nk(over 50), I got this after seeing her perform at the grammys. I thought she was pretty amazing with her acrobatic style and her songs were really good, especially for dancing.

Current musician "styling" can be off putting for the older generation, but if you look beyond that she sounds very fun. Be aware she liberally uses words like f*** and slut which is just part of (her) musician thing(remember your parents response to Black Sabbath or Alice Cooper?) She makes you want to get up and dance and even gives some thought on not giving up on love with "Try".

Musicians haven't changed really, we've just gotten older. Just don't let that stand in the way of appreciating new music.
on April 25, 2013
I'm 55 and since I received my first record player, it has been my habit to buy LPs, albums is the best description, if I liked three or more songs a lot. Just Give Me a Reason, Try, and Blow Me fell into that category. I like most of the other songs, and won't criticize the one I didn't. An album is a trip to the buffet and the price of the plate is based on what you really wanted the most. After 33 years of marriage, Try reminded me of the times my wife and I wondered if "it was worth it", and we're both glad we decided to 'Try'.
Just Give Me a Reason with the lines, "We're not broken we're just bent', fall in that same category. Divorce is a long term solution to short term problems in many cases. Blow Me is just another one of Pink's incredibly well written songs. I have listened to Pink since "Just Like a Pill" and admire her song crafting even when her language makes me cringe a bit. The foundations of her music are strong and she decorates it with fabric she's collected from real life. The songs I like make this purchase a 5 star choice for me.
on January 22, 2013
Pink does solid, personal music. To a greater extent than seems usual these days, Pink's musical message sounds genuine. Do not make the mistake (as apparently some have done) of dismissing this album as synthesized, voice modulated bubble-gum kid stuff. It's far from that. Pink just isn't one of the plastic retail barbie singers. Buying this album for your 9 year old kid is about as smart as buying him or her a bottle of tequila. Don't.

Buy this for yourself. Every song is good. Every song is sincere. This is the classic Pink sound, with the raw honesty that she brings. It can be a bit shocking, which I think is part of the point. She's poking at our sensitive spots and she has pretty good aim. If this album were a bottle of booze, it would be tequila. And not some $150 bottle of high end stuff. Oh, no. Pink has bite.

Come to think of it, a tipple or two of tequila would be just right with this album.

The vinyl is on two records. No digital download (bummer!). No insert, either. But, the sound is good. That's what counts.
VINE VOICEon September 28, 2012
Who else has the voice to carry this range of tracks? "The Truth about Love" skillfully covers the history of rock, the tender and the tough, acoustical to amped and torch to in-your-face rock. Only Pink can deliver a great collection of songs like this new one. Adult but playful lyrics (yeah, profane at times) and that honesty in her voice and delivery! The whole range of longing, anguish, anger, playfulness and worldliness come through clearly and authentically. She really casts a serious shadow over virtually every other "rock goddess" currently recording.

If you're sampling - be sure and try "Are We All We Are", "Just Give Me a Reason", "The Truth About Love" and "Beam Me Up". Three of these are somewhat different territory for Pink and they're really quite special. The fourth, "Are We All We Are" is classic Pink and very fine.

This is a great effort by Pink, who doesn't do things in half measures, with virtually all of the tracks, including and maybe especially the ballads, candidates for top ten status.
on October 1, 2012
For anyone who is unsure - PINK has a zillion tatts and cusses!! BFD - it shouldn't be a shock to anyone.

This CD is very good. To me it's better than Funhouse - which I thought was amazing. I've been a long-time fan, but I fell off for most of her middle years. Funhouse brought me back and this will keep me buying probably forever. The mixes with other artists on here are really good also.

Anyone who is wondering if they should buy it should consider this - you could waste $10 for lunch or get this CD that will provide you with some serious entertainment. I mean come on - Emenim is on the album.

Pink is getting to be huge, and I'm glad for her. She is a powerhouse in every way. Serious vocal talent and no lip-syncing BS like most everyone now, good variety of slow and fast songs, just an all around fun album. And Slut Like You is hilarious!
on February 10, 2018
This was a repurchase of this album as I misplaced my first one. I accidentally ordered the standard version instead of the explicit but the songs are still fun and insightful even with the spaces where cuss words were. They didn't edit out every cuss word though, so be aware. It seemed to be a context thing.
The album is still fun though. I love Slut Like You and Walk of Shame as they're so upbeat and irreverent.
on October 4, 2012
I have been a fan of Pink since she had hot-pink hair, but this is by far her best album.

Normally there's one or two songs where I'll wrinkle my nose and say "I love her, but this one's not my favorite."

Not on this album. They're all so good in their own unique ways. I like that she's collaborating with other artists (Nate Ruess from "fun." and Eminem.)

Some of the hottest tracks are.
"Are We All We Are"
"Try", "True Love" and a really touching melody "Beam Me Up"

Also, if you can get your hands on the deluxe version, the 4 bonus songs are REALLY worth it. I love them.

A agree with Entertainment Weekly when they say "P!nk may be the best lyricist in pop music."
on February 13, 2015
If you are an all time Pink fan you'll notice a thing: Her transformation and how amazingly mature she is now and how it's reflected on her music. (All in a positive way)
Usually albums only have 3 or 4 GOOD songs and the other ones are just to fill and finish the album up. But this one right here is AMAZING, I am really happy with it. From the beginning to the end every song is awesome, powerful, fun and, in some of them, full of good lyrics. Pink never disappoints me!

On the other hand, the service is excellent. I recived the product just 2 days after I ordered it. Defenetly will order more products on Amazon.
on March 21, 2017
This is also a very good Pink Album. The songs are consistently good. She is good with writing about relationships that involve people that people can relate to who are going through the same thing because she has been there and can empathize.
on June 26, 2014
I feel Pink is a very talented artist and a good vocalist. However, I have a couple of comments I would like to offer as constructive feedback. First of all - since she is a good vocalist, why is there a need to overproduce the album? On a good quality audio system it is unbearable to listen to. The second comment is her albums are filled with hits - but they sound like a greatest hits collection as opposed to an album. I don't feel the flow to the music as you would find in a well constructed album. Regarding the language, it is not a shock to hear it from Pink - you know what you are getting - and I generally don't mind strong language with a purpose but it seems almost cliche now - she just sticks it in because you expect it.