Amazon Vehicles Beauty STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Shop Shop Popular Services MeBeforeYou MeBeforeYou MeBeforeYou  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire HD 8 Kids Edition, starting at $129.99 Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl National Bike Month on Amazon toystl17_gno

Showing 1-8 of 8 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 10 reviews
on June 24, 2016
I just graduated with a B.A. degree in English and this book was on my syllabus for my Senior Seminar class, where our semester theme was novellas (longer than short stories, shorter than novels) I had heard of it, but never read it before. Typically, when a book is placed on a syllabus, it becomes a task to read rather than an enjoyment (just a student thing lol). But, not this one! I didn't want to stop reading it! The class discussions on this book/novella were amazing since the author kept thing ambiguous for a reason. So this would be perfect for a book club. While this book could be considered a novel because it is a little longer than your typical novella, it's still a quick read. And by the end, you'll be wishing it was longer!
on May 21, 2017
I bought it for a college class, it was OK. James' sentence structure is rough to get through. I ended up reading plot summaries online because they were easier to understand. The 3 stars is for the average story.
on January 8, 2014
This anthology was put together in a way that gives the reader a great perspective of what motivated James to write a ghost story at the end of the 19th Century. The introduction to the story is comprehensive, the story is annotated well (however several annotations were incorrect), and the articles and theory explanations are well done and add depth to the understanding of James's story. If you are looking for a solid understanding of the time period and the motivation behind the story, this anthology is a great choice.
on November 12, 2013
This is an excellent little book for anyone who wants a copy of The Turn of the Screw. For that alone it's reasonably priced, but it also has several very interesting essay regarding this literary classic. It's very insightful and it was perfect to use for my graduate level Literary Theory class and my research paper. For the price, I highly recommend it if you just want a nice copy of the book, need a scholarly source, or just want some interesting insights into James' ghost story.
on March 29, 2017
Commentary is rich and fits the primary text well.
on October 17, 2015
This is just what I needed to lead the discussion at my book club. Excellent articles and many new-to-me ideas about the interpretations of this superb story.
on February 26, 2016
its a textbook, nothing much to say. lol
on August 10, 2013
The book was brand new. It was exactly what I needed for class down to the page number. Shipping was quick and cheap.