Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: The Tuscan Sun Cookbook: Recipes from Our Italian Kitchen
Amazon Vehicles GoldBox Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Totes Amazon Cash Back Offer TheKicks TheKicks TheKicks  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Florida Georgia Line Water Sports

Format: Hardcover|Change

on August 6, 2015
This is a wonderful book just to read and to learn how the Italians cook. It is full of memories, conversations, people, and recipes. I have learned a lot from Frances Maye's books and this one just put it all together. I would buy it again and give it as a gift.
on August 31, 2013
I have bought this book as a gift but am sorely tempted to keep it for myself! Not only super, easy to follow recipes, but beautiful photography and full of cooking, ingredient and general life in Tuscany notations.
on September 8, 2014
I love a cookbook with photographs - this one is over the top. The beautiful photography paired with Frances Mayes' vivid writing makes this one a journey - beware, you should have some red wine, crusty Italian bread, good olive oil and perhaps a chunk of parmesan while you sit down with this one. Most of the recipes are easy to follow and make - ravioli and homemade pasta dishes take a little more finesse but are fun and by the last glass of wine you won't care!
on June 14, 2014
I don't usually purchase cookbooks by celebrities since they have a tendency to be more about self-promotion than the food (especially those Food Network volumes that seem to overwhelm the cooking sections in most bookstores). However, having read Frances Mayes' first book on moving to Tuscany and visiting the area myself, I decided to make an exception. And I'm glad I did. This is a terrific cookbook. In addition to some solid recipes it also captures something of the feel of the area and, look a good host, warmly welcomes you in. Fantastic pictures of some great food and solid writing as well.
on May 12, 2015
If you loved Frances Mayes book Under The Tuscun Sun, then you are sure to enjoy this book. It is not so much s book of recipes as it is a book about the stories behind the recipes, which for me makes them more special
on November 23, 2014
This is THE cookbook to give to friends and family, the recipes are authentic and the photos fabulous. Every recipient has been pleased and every recipient USES the book. I live part time in Italy and can attest to the fact that the recipes are authentic; the book is one of my top five favorites out of my collection of 1500 cookbooks. I promise that this book WILL NOT DISAPPOINT!!
on March 21, 2013
One of my favorite movies is "Under the Tuscan Sun", I didn't know that it was based loosely one Francis Mayes' life. When I started reading it I just fell in love with a place I haven't even seen. But I'm lucky enough to have a husband that is taking me there next month. I'm so excited. I'm going to try the recipes but haven't yet because I'm getting ready to go and sample the menu real stuff. The best thing about Tuscan cooking is that it's rustic and simple, not a lot of stuff you may never use again but oh so good. I'd love to meet her as well but I doubt that will be possible. I'll surely let you know if I do.
on August 11, 2013
After reading "Under the Tuscan Sun" and the yummy descriptions of food from the Tuscan Region, I just had to have the cookbook. Ms. Mayes descriptive writing is wonderful, and the photos are so beautiful.
on November 5, 2013
Wonderful cookbook - fun to just browse through it with its stunning photos and easy to understand recipes. I can't think of a better way to spend a rainy afternoon than to prepare something out of this inspiring collection of Tuscany's finest, as presented by someone who clearly rejoices in preparing delicious food for her family and friends - how lucky they all are! I highly recommend this cookbook.
on January 28, 2014
This has beautiful pictures and great recipe's and great reading. I really enjoy this cookbook. A friend is going to the book signing in North Carolina and told me about the book. I am so glad she did.