Bubble Witch Saga 3 Check out Santa's new ride Salon Beauty Best Books of the Year Cyber Monday Deals Week nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Electronics Gift Guide $24.99 for a limited time only Try it first with samples Handmade Gift Shop Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon TheBigSick TheBigSick TheBigSick  Echo Dot Cyber Monday Deals: Fire tablets starting at $29.99. Limited-time offer. $30 off Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop now HTL17_gno

on May 21, 2016
They say opposites attract, and nothing could be more true in this Kathrine Heigl and Gerard Butler gem. TV producer Abby Richter and shock jock Mike Chadway, forced to work with one another, have very different views on life and love. A match made for disaster? The Ugly Truth brings Heigl and Butler together with abrasively authentic results. So intense their on-screen chemistry is you entirely forget about the trite and unoriginal (girl falls for guy she hates) rom-com plot. You stay glued, wondering when one of them is going to kill the other! With glaringly hypocritical relationship stereotypes demeaning both guys and girls, laugh a minute comedic relief and heartwarming scenes all pulling you in different directions at once this is a movie you just can't stop watching. It's the dark and cynical version of "You've Got Mail"... and that's The Ugly Truth!
review imagereview imagereview image
on January 13, 2016
I liked this Rom-Com. Katherine Heigl is her quirky loveable self, and Gerrad Butler is slightly naughty and abrasive. They have great chemistry and a good dynamic. If you want a raunchy movie with scenes you haven't seen before, I recommend this one. It is well written and well acted. I probably wouldn't see this one with kids, at least not any younger than pre-teens. Everyone is different, so I would suggest watching it for yourself and then deciding to okay it for your kids. I liked it enough to buy it and add it to my collection.
on May 20, 2011
Aside from all the vulgar langauge and sexual insinuations/references etc that I could've done without I would've rated it higher. I did not really care for the orgasm scene at the restaurant. Not everyone's kind of humor. But I did enjoy the movie overall. I like how SHE kept a list of everything she was looking for in a man and wound up falling in love with the kind of man she didn't want. And how HE gave her tips and advise to get the man she wanted only to find out he was falling in love with her. My favorite scene is when she sort let her hair down and danced salsa with him. I don't think this everyone's kind of movie. But then everyone has different tastes. This movie was recommended to me by a friend but another friend didn't like it. So you would just have to watch it and see for yourself. I love Gerard Butler and as always Gerard did a great job. I think he is amazing and proves he can play any kind of role.
on July 15, 2013
I totally enjoyed this movie and have probably worn out the DVD itself! But, I must say to other people who intend to watch this flick, that you really do need to have a BROAD view of humanity in order not to be insulted or disgusted by what is discussed by these characters. The particular subject needs to be understood by those who have already matured emotionally and who no longer have a narrow viewpoint of the world at large. This movie just might stir up some unhappy reactions. It's all up to the viewer and his/her perceptions!!!

For myself, I have LIVED with a man who thinks exactly like the character in the movie, Mike Chadway, so I was able to laugh my head off because I actually had to put up with this kind of thinking for many years. I used to fight against it, but have learned now, just to go with the flow, no matter what. Everything is okay in the world. It really is a matter of perception and you don't have to spend time with anyone who does not match your vibration.

So, yes, I loved 'The Ugly Truth' and I totally enjoyed the actors, Gerard Butler and Katherine Heigl. They were FANTASTIC together!!
on October 25, 2017
This is just plain funny, but what makes it great is the subject matter. A very tricky business to walk the line without getting creepy or judgmental, but this movie, the director and the actors do it perfectly. Great entertainment for an evening when you just want to be entertained.
on June 15, 2017
I love Katherine Heigl and ordered the movie because of it, which was unfortunate for me. It was a waste of money. I watched only a fraction of it because the language and script was classless. I love a good comedy, but this was anything but and unfortunately the items Amazon would let me exchange it for were nothing I wanted, so it was a loss all the way around.
on March 17, 2017
The scene in the restaurant with the vibrating panties is worth the price. Heigel did a great job in an other wise standard rom com. with that scene alone.
on January 26, 2014
Nothing that would attract me to watch it again, it's okay for something to watch when
nothing else interesting is on tv.

The attraction between the two main characters was obviously coming, but I didn't
see chemistry between them or real flirting and attraction. Heigl's character was
doing what she was coached to do to land her intended boyfriend by Butler's character.
It would have been nice to see them getting to know each other and gaining attraction
for each other in those interactions between them during the coaching sessions.

In the end "I love you but I don't know why" is exactly what it all amounts to.
on May 15, 2015
We really enjoyed the movie a great deal. The actors are super! The language and some of the content wouldn't be acceptable for younger folks as it's pretty explicit in places. But for adult entertainment it's quite fun and they pulled it off well. It's quite a change from Gerard Butler's performance as the "Phantom of the Opera." Katherine Heigl is her usual wonderful self and overall it's a good flick!
on June 10, 2014
I haven't seen a movie where i laughed so hard like this in a long time. He's rough round the edges, she's a tight control freak. If you don't like bad language in a movie then this isn't for you. He is a loveable cynic hiding behind these "ugly truths" because he's been hurt too many times. She thinks every romance drops right out of the movies. The characters were so at either end of the spectrum and in the end they each learned something from each other.

It was funny, feel good and highly entertaining.