Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: The Ultimate Introduction to Juicing: A Practical Introduction to Juicing for Amazing Energy, Weight Loss, and Health
Amazon Vehicles Up to 80 Percent Off Textbooks Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Coffee Totes Summer-Event-Garden Amazon Cash Back Offer power_s3 power_s3 power_s3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Shop Now

on September 17, 2011
I just got a juicing machine, my first, and chose this book because it was well-rated. "A Practical Introduction..." begins the subtitle. This book isn't practical, and parts are just badly done. The author, Ms. Wilson, doesn't seem to add any value to what looks like a collection of bits read elsewhere and pasted together. The few references included in the back are mostly web sites, rather than citable articles or even other books, and they're not mentioned in line with the text, so there's no way to know where you might go for more information on a particular topic.

But what really kills this is that it's full of baseless assertions, many of which don't make sense (especially without some references to support them). As an example, in a discussion of why you shouldn't buy bottle juice and the water 'they (the bottlers)' use, "...well water from the factory property, usually located in industrially zoned region." Huh? Water quality issues are real, and reconstituting a concentrate with 'plain' water is not the same as getting the juice from the plant itself. I wish Ms. Wilson had just said that, instead of telling an unsupported story about all the evil bottlers in all those unregulated factories... In many places, she casts a very wide net with her assertions, but doesn't offer the facts to support herself, and the missing information frustrated me.

This book includes some lists of which fruits and veggies are good sources of what nutrients, and a few dozen juice recipes. I saw lots of that kind of information just in the course of looking for a juicer. Nothing in this book that made it worth paying for.
on July 19, 2011
I've been getting a lot out of this book so far. There are quite a few recipes in the book, and while some of them are somewhat commonsense, I've tried some really interesting ones so far. I think it's particularly helpful to have the vegetable-based recipes: making fruit juice is easy, but I think all of us can use help getting more veggies in our diet. I haven't looked at the recommendations for buying a juicer, since I already had one that I inherited from my mom, but so far, even just the ideas for veggie-based juices have made this book very helpful for me, and for someone who is interested in getting more fruits and vegetables into their diet in a fairly easy way, I would recommend this.
on January 2, 2013
My husband became interested in juicing and I ordered this book for him to figure it all out. He read it and has started juicing 1 meal a day and had lost 20+ pounds in 6 weeks. Plans on continuing just for the health benefits.