BCA Month Beauty altText This Week in Books Hallo nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited PCB for Musical Instruments $69.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags hgg17 Save $30 on a Deep Cleaning Appointment Baby Driver Available to Rent Baby Driver Available to Rent Baby Driver Available to Rent  Three new members of the Echo family All-New Fire HD 8 Kids Edition, starting at $129.99 All-New Kindle Oasis GNO Shop Now STEMClubToys17_gno

Customer reviews

The Ultimates 2: Ultimate Collection
Format: Paperback|Change

on February 9, 2015
Ultimates 2 . . . As much as I am excited for Avengers: Age of Ultron, I wish Avengers 2 was based off this story (combined with Under Siege from way back in the day). Basically, I want to see a big battle between heroes and an actual team of super-villains we haven't seen in the Marvel Cinematic Universe yet. And this volume of Mark Millar's and Bryan Hitch's Ultimates has just that. It may be a slow build, but those last few issues are well worth the wait. And that eight-page spread in issue 13 is glorious!
Basically, plot synopsis: whereas Ultimates volume 1 had the team struggling to be more than just a publicity stunt, here they have proven their worth to the military and begin being used on international missions that suit America's interests. The idea of super soldiers spreads to our allies in other countries as well. Naturally, this movement upsets certain governments, and so a coalition secretly forms and begins their own infiltration and sabotage of the Ultimates.
on August 31, 2012
This book is a fun follow up to the Ultimates: Ultimate Collection. I think a lot of creative teams would purposely try to take the original and make everything better, but this collection never really felt like that. These stories continue the character development not relive them.

The plot of the book (without spoilers) is the team battles an international terrorist group of super soldiers, while discovering one their own is a double agent. Hank Pym's depression fueled adventures serves as comic relief, the drawings of his gross apartment still make me laugh after several readings.

I highly recommend this volume to fans of the first; Mark Millar and Bryan Hitch obviously worked very hard and put a lot of care in to telling an fun action packed story.
on June 10, 2017
The best version and most realistic of the Avengers. Art improves.
on June 5, 2013
This was a great follow up to the first Ultimates graphic novel, and it pushes the envelope further with its portrayal of popular characters. Cap is not the upstanding citizen you expect him to be, and Tony Stark is perfectly willing to kill if it compromises the mission. Throw away your Avengers perceptions... this GN will blow them out of the water.
on December 30, 2014
Buy this and the first collection ULTIMATES 1. It's the most realistic interpretation of the AVENGERS as actual human beings in both behavior and art as you will ever get. Mark Millar and Bryan Hitch laid the ground work that really allowed for the Marvel Cinematic Universe to exist. The art is AMAZING, the characters are deeply flawed and realistically portrayed and the story chapters keep building to a crescendo long after you think they couldn't build any further. Great book!
on December 10, 2014
This was a gift for my daughter, who told me she thoroughly enjoyed the artwork and stories. She rates it as five stars.
on December 11, 2013
Very awesome read mark millar is my favorite writer of comics. He has never disappointed me in any of the books I bougt wrtten by him.
on February 24, 2012
YEAH!!!

Man, I can't praise this collection enough. Is just TOO GOOD!!!!! The story and art are SO over the top.

This book is full of action and excitement that is almost a movie. After this, I'm afraid I might not enjoy The Avengers movie as much as I know I would normally do. I mean, this book is so rich in the writing that is almost a screenplay. Mark Millar has become one of my favorite writers from now on.

Whom else could turn Thor into a crazy hippy? Who could make the perfect man, the perfect catch, in real life so boring and possesive? Whom else could make Tony Stark heart broken? W-O-W!!!

Is this book just another paperback? NO!!!!! A simple paperback doesn't normally come with so much extra material: The writer and artist talking about every issue (and letting us know some easter eggs in the conversation), cover gallery, unfinished art-work gallery (pencils and ink pages), scripts, and a fantastic HUGE spread of beautiful art on the final issue.

Marvel has done the impossible. They just took my former love for DC and stole my heart.

If you don't have this collection... get it!!!!!
on October 15, 2015
Fantastic. One of Millar's best and one of the best Avengers stories period.
on September 11, 2011
Excellent!!! I just recently got into marvels ultimate line and have been thoroughly impressed I highly recommend this and volume one as well. Great introduction to the ultimate world it's also cool how everything ties together in a real world way.