Lyft Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month Shop new men's suiting nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Transparent Transparent Transparent  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Trade in. Get paid. Go shopping. Tailgating ToyHW17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 342 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 415 reviews
on December 31, 2016
Save your money and time. I won't rate it low, because the information in this book is useful and solid, but I can't rate it high because it's mostly common sense stuff, and the way the book is written isn't that great.

This book simply emphasizes the importance of eliminating added sugar, fat, and processed foods from your diet. Anytime it mentions losing 10 lbs in a week, it's referring to water weight, which can often be easily lost by cutting salty processed foods from your diet and drinking water.

I was also annoyed by the fact that each chapter basically repeats the same stuff: Bad food causes toxicity/weight gain, eliminating these foods will result in improved health. The other pet peeve I have about Hyman's writing is that every other page, he pushes the reader to go on his website and download a bunch of stuff, which is truly not necessary for a diet.

Take it from me: If you want to lose weight and get healthy, cut the added sugar and processed junk, eat whole, fresh fruits/veggies and lean meats, and drink water. That's basically the gist of the book.
on April 23, 2015
I was already gluten, dairy & artificial sweetener free going into this program, doing nothing it mostly as a change to heal & reboot my gut. I was unable to decouple from my stressful life and it was allergy season, so I'm not sure if those stacked against me too. I did lose a few pounds and an inch off each measurement but my gi issues never resolved. I found several of the food items on his diet conflict with my suspected food intolerances (fodmaps) so I'm about to do a second "hybrid" week without those foods but reintroducing a couple foods at the end of the book. I guess we'll see how I feel in another week.

Oh, and all the urls and support materials linked in the book are no offline.
on October 16, 2015
My version seems to need updating: the website it refers the reader to no longer exists.
That said, this diet/regimen is really fantastic. I lost almost 11 pounds over about 12 days, but, more importantly, my skin instantly went from dry and flaky to soft again. My blood pressure also dropped about 12 points.
The included recipes are very tasty, and never left me feeling deprived or hungry.
on December 6, 2013
Love Dr. Hyman. I have bought most of his books. I lost 15 lbs on this diet in less than a month and felt great on it. It is very hard to follow this strict diet. You have to be disciplined to be successful and willing to cook at home and grocery shop every three days. I hate grocery shopping so that was my down fall. We should all be eating this healthy.
on August 13, 2016
This diet is easy to follow but make sure you read the entire book before you start to get all of the tips and know what you'll need to do once you finish the week of elimination. I ended up losing about 8 lbs but more importantly, my face had dry spots and skin tag like spots that have almost completely disappeared.
on January 4, 2015
I had already done most of the things recommended, and thought there were too many pages devoted to the author's qualifications, and what was coming up in the next chapter. Found one good tip I've added daily (2 T olive oil and 1/2 lemon juice), which seems to be improving dry skin (desert dweller). Good book for people endeavoring to become healthier, but haven't done much toward that goal.
on January 24, 2014
Dr. Hyman never fails to stimulate my mind and my appetite for delicious food and, of course, extremely healthy and good for you food. He delivers all this in very easy to understand language. While his goal is not weight loss and that is just a wonderful side effect of eating healthier better for you foods! Who knew!

I would highly recommend this book and in addition Dr. Hyman provides his website with lots more tips and delicious recipes. So if you are finally ready to take the plunge and get healthy. Why not do it the right way, with someone who can tell you in simple language and give it to you straight. Dr. Hyman won't sugarcoat things like other authors to just make a buck or sell a book, he truly cares about people!
Cheryl
on March 21, 2015
This is a good book for a person who has no knowledge of good nutrition and suffers from constipation. It's quite elementary for a person who is nutritionally informed and has no constipation. Redundant information throughout.
on September 12, 2013
I have been reading and following this program as part of a general detox in my life and really appreciate how easy Dr. Hyman makes his 7-day program. Lots of science-based information upfront, clear overview of the program, and checklists for each day. I have dropped 6 pounds doing the 'enhanced' program. Yes, water and reduced inflammation, but that is actually the point, which you will understand when you read the book.

Dr. Hyman is a lecturer for the Institute of Integrative Nutrition, which is how I learned about him and became compelled to try his program. I find him to be pragmatic and based in sound medical science.
on May 31, 2014
This is a simple and easy to follow book to put us on a better living by eating real food for the right portion. Dr. Hyman's functional medicine idea is true and real. I have been trying to practice it since 2011 and also provide the recipes to my friends. It has been proven working. The only suggestion I have is to change "Diet" to "Food". Understandably, it is quite difficult to stick to it because life can be hectic sometime and feeling lack of time. But making time for eating real food is very important to get real fuel to do what we love with a passion and live a real life! To all our good food, great health, and happy mind. LL@invobh