Bubble Witch Saga 3 Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc New Album by Big & Rich Get 10% cashback on thousands of musical instruments with your Amazon.com Store Credit Card Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon MozartintheJungle MozartintheJungle MozartintheJungle  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Tailgating STEMClubToys17_gno

Showing 1-7 of 7 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 42 reviews
on June 29, 2013
Recommended by ......mmmmm....don't recall. I think I heard it on an interview on NPR....actually an interesting read if you are interested in HOW we came to be a gourmet nation. Does make one hungry however...
on January 28, 2015
Must-read for all food-lovers.
on December 16, 2014
on December 13, 2006
I was first introduced to an excerpt of this book by reading a short article in VANITY FAIR just a few months ago. After reading that VANITY FAIR article, I was hooked and I HAD to have this book. Glad I bought it too!

This book is very well written. The author writes smoothly and each chapter is filled with such fascinating facts and stories about the world of cooking and eating.

I'm glad I bought this book.
on May 24, 2008
This book is amazing. I'm a food writer and thought I knew a ton about the modern history of American food. This author humbled me. His book is loaded with relevent, interesting, often intimate information. And it's all written well. Even the credits are entertaining! Kudos to this guy for taking the time do a job well.
on October 6, 2006
A friend gave me this book and I can't put it down. This is a real culinary treat that captures the culinary revolution that changed the way we eat. The writing is engaging and I love reading about the pioneers that I grew up with. I never realized the impact that James Beard, Julia Child and Craig Claiborne had on my diet today. Now I see them in a whole new light.
on January 29, 2012
Great book. Easy shopping. I am a culinary student and very busy. Shopping on line, quick response and there at my home. No parking, traffic, or checkout lines. Graet service.