Industrial Deals Beauty Save up to 90% on textbooks STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book House Cleaning TheTick TheTick TheTick  Amazon Echo now $99.99 Limited-time offer: All-New Fire HD 8, starting at $59.99 Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Tailgating STEMClubToys17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 453 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 725 reviews
on October 11, 2015
For many years after my return from Vietnam, I searched for a way and a means to try and restore my peace and my sanity. Something that could help me make sense of what I had just experienced. I went down many paths, self destruction and denial being the longest running. I made attempts at finding answers through many means, none of them were right and I knew it in my heart. i struggled with depression, self-medication and a feeling that something needed to be right in my soul, i thought that i had lost a piece of myself. One day I entered a public library not knowing what I was really looking for, no real purpose in mind. As I walked the aisles my eyes locked on a book with concentric blue circles. I can only say that I was drawn to it, I knew instinctively there was something important about it. I opened it randomly and settled on a paragraph from a paper and began to read. Immediately and without a doubt I knew I was reading truth. Its hard to describe the feeling that went thru me, It was like slowly dying from thirst and suddenly being saved by a clear cool spring. I read no more than that first paragraph and immediately went to the counter and checked it out. When I arrived home, I opened it and began to read, what I found was so profound and so intense I realized there was no way I could ever complete this book in the normal 2 week check out time.. I then went to the contact information, called the foundation and ordered my own copy. I believed I needed to start at the beginning which I did and read every written word. I have fairly rapid reading skills yet I could not read more than a few paragraphs at a time without falling asleep totally exhausted by the effort. It took me one year to finish the book reading it nearly every day. Almost all of what I read seemed nearly incomprehensible to me at the time but I knew instinctively that it was truth. By the time I had finished it I realized I had read the most profound book of my life ... and yet I felt as if I had hardly absorbed it at best. I immediately went back to the beginning and began reading it all over again, the second time it took approximately 6 months to complete, I began to understand more and more as time and pages went by. That was many years ago now and I read a paper or a portion of one from the website every day. The reading of the Urantia Book is a life journey, to become a part of your everyday existence. I think of portions of it at all hours of the day, often times as I wake each morning. To say it changed my life would be an understatement. Some of you will find it to be the same.
on May 5, 2016
I own a hard bound book which is very large and heavy. The pages are quite fine like a bible. I wanted to be able to take it with me. Delighted to find the Kindle additional. I have been intrigued by this book. It is almost too much to digest.
It reads like science fiction but I found study groups so some must believe it is true.
However I liked the section on "The Life and Teachings of Jesus". Interesting concepts to ponder.
on April 1, 2016
I bought my first UB in 1971 and gave it away after reading it. I then bought my second book and still have it. I've read it cover to cover 4 times since then and still find new things I had not noticed or understood before.
on April 29, 2016
Bought this book 20 years ago and over several moves, it got lost. It is one that everyone should read and keep close. Explains a multitude of questions and doubts. Whether they are true or not, it is up to the individual to make that decision.
on January 21, 2016
I bought this book as a gift for my dad. He loved it & talks about what he read in it incessantly.
on April 21, 2017
A challenging read for new vocabulary and long run on sentences. Recommend speed reading first; then, more careful consideration. Some call it a hoax, but it can provide much needed details in many areas of faith and religion. The book is internally consistent and believable. Evolution is one fundamental concept that could turn some folks away, but it is presented in a way that seems believable to me. The suggestion that some animal orders suddenly appeared is not consistent with my understanding of evolution. The chapters or papers on science are out of date but supposedly reflect the state of knowledge in the 1940's-1950's when the text was dictated to us by heavenly beings. The papers on chemistry and nuclear physics could have been deleted with no loss to the message of the text.
on June 5, 2016
one of the MOST informative history depictions from a mysterious and spiritual source that is incomparable to anything in history including the bible. The History of Jesus, the man, the spirit, the "?" , you decide. He is a huge part of this book, maybe 2/3rds of the book is his views, impact and inspiration. Like the bible, there are multiple authors in this book of earth's history.
on September 29, 2015
I was introduced to The Urantia Book approximately 35 years ago. I have been a "Truth" seeker for as long as I can remember. The Urantia Book is unparalleled in the depth, breadth, and expansive truth it contains about God, his Universe, our planet (Urantia), and our purpose. It has been my source of greatest spiritual fulfillment. I cannot adequately express my gratitude for having been introduced to it. I encourage anyone who is a sincere seeker to read it for themselves.
on July 30, 2015
The Ebook, THE URANTIA BOOK, is very easy to read. I still use the big blue URANTIA, and have for 40 yrs. And I have given several big blues and a couple of the new paper backs to folks. But, at night , by Kindle light, I can read in bed comfortably. Or have it read to me. The recall and save features save time. Try it. It's cheep.
on April 4, 2016
I was drawn to read the Urantia Book while still a teenager. If you believe in channeling and are led to read the book as I was, then you will get as much out of the book as I did. If you do not believe, then this book is a waste of time for you. The choice is yours.